Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

Makita 18V Drill and Impact Driver Combo $99.75

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 9:48 am
Mar 2, 2018
15 posts
3 upvotes
FrugalFruge wrote: I'd classify it as a high end home use brushless hammer drill + impact, perhaps suitable for light industrial, the 1.5Ah batteries are limiting for the pro for sure, but depending what industry, they may be fine as well. 3 year warranty too.
Poor build quality on these. I bought this set a few years ago because the batteries were shot on my 10+ year combo set. Now that I have new batteries I use my old set and these are a back-up.
Feb 2, 2010
140 posts
526 upvotes
Grennervx wrote: Poor build quality on these. I bought this set a few years ago because the batteries were shot on my 10+ year combo set. Now that I have new batteries I use my old set and these are a back-up.
Agree, that could be said about many if not most items these days. Engineered obsolescence is a key factor imo. It's a fine science to engineer and manufacture an item to last long enough to satisfy the consumer to stay loyal to the brand while satisfying the company shareholders at the same time...
Mar 7, 2016
51 posts
50 upvotes
anyone spotted these around the montreal area? saw a couple store locations online saying clearance but it's still priced regular. does this mean go in store for a surprise price?the
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
524 upvotes
Brossard, QC
I found one in Brossard, just $97.25.
But Out of stock at the selected store
L'entrepôt RONA Brossard (Dix/30) (450) 926-1310
Can I do the rain-check?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1759 posts
1571 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cory_W wrote: For 25$ more this has better batteries, better deal

https://www.rona.ca/en/hammer-drill-and ... l-11975409
Great find if you can locate one!

The set in your link actually has more power too:
530 in/lb vs 750 in/lb for the drill, 500 rpm higher in 2nd gear
1,420 in/lb vs 1460 in/lb for the impact driver
and like you said, significantly better battery 1.5ah vs 4.0ah
Aug 4, 2004
902 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
Chilliwack Rona has the $124.75 kit in stock, if anyone's so inclined to go get it. According to the online check, anyway. 1 in stock. :P
Licensed Automotive Technician
Jun 5, 2009
243 posts
559 upvotes
Vancouver
sphish wrote: Chilliwack Rona has the $124.75 kit in stock, if anyone's so inclined to go get it. According to the online check, anyway. 1 in stock. :P
I think I already got it unless they found more. Also found a Makita 10" sliding mitre saw with stand for $122, Skil wormdrive table saw for $125, and some other odds and ends.
Jan 12, 2015
155 posts
81 upvotes
Saint-Epiphane, QC
50km maximum delivery in truck ... someone know if we can be delivered by truck at the nearest post office canada and post canada we redid a package to send it to us with extra cost shipping ofc?
Oct 5, 2005
278 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
This is an even better deal but out of stock everywhere. Select Mississauga Islington store and the price is $144.75 for a drill, driver, reciprocating saw, circular saw, two batteries and charger and carrying bag. Too bad this is all an illusion that Rona is putting out there

https://www.rona.ca/en/18-v-cordless-to ... &langId=-1