Expired Hot Deals

[Rona] Makita MAC5200 Air Compressor - $292 min.

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2017 8:53 am
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 14, 2007
916 posts
361 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Rona] Makita MAC5200 Air Compressor - $292 min.

Rona Crowfoot Calgary has this compressor on sale for $344.25 and this weekend are having a scratch & save event from 15%-100% ending today.

With minimum 15% discount brings this to 292.61+tax.

There were two remaining, one out of box, when I left.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1220 posts
192 upvotes
Montreal
ecobuilder wrote: Rona Crowfoot Calgary has this compressor on sale for $344.25 and this weekend are having a scratch & save event from 15%-100% ending today.

With minimum 15% discount brings this to 292.61+tax.

There were two remaining, one out of box, when I left.
That's an awesome price for this compressor. Small thank though and 50% duty cycle. But can't complain for that price. Has good reviews. Pretty much the highest CFM and HP you can get on 120V.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7255 posts
1239 upvotes
Toronto
Great output with 6.6cfm at 90 psi! Way higher than the specs we see on the usual crappy discounted compressors here.

But the price you pay is 90db noise level - certainly not quiet.

Any in Ontario? Would like to pm with HD but no price shows up on the Rona site on my cell phone.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 14, 2007
916 posts
361 upvotes
Calgary, AB
scouzi wrote: That's an awesome price for this compressor. Small thank though and 50% duty cycle. But can't complain for that price. Has good reviews. Pretty much the highest CFM and HP you can get on 120V.
I have a small stable of these for my crews and there are no complaints on tank size or the duty cycle. They go all day flawlessly. Had two that I bought in 2013 and going strong.
Inno wrote: Great output with 6.6cfm at 90 psi! Way higher than the specs we see on the usual crappy discounted compressors here.

But the price you pay is 90db noise level - certainly not quiet.

Any in Ontario? Would like to pm with HD but no price shows up on the Rona site on my cell phone.
I've measured with a decibel meter and comes in around 65dB. They are pretty quiet to run - even indoors.

On the Rona site, it says available for in store purchase only.
Newbie
Dec 14, 2011
25 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
I've run one of these for 10 years and it's only needed some minor work (replacing worn out hose connectors).
Sr. Member
Nov 13, 2007
506 posts
241 upvotes
Montreal
Got one of these earlier this year, only had to use it on a couple of occasions. However, most recently, I used it to operate an HVLP spray gun to paint my deck. Deck came out great.

Now before anyone tells me otherwise, I know that the tank size is not ideal for operating a spray gun. However, I felt confident with the low pressure requirements, and the 6.5 CFM @ 90PSI capability of this beast, it should be OK.

And boy was it!.. tank emptied pretty fast, but as soon as it kicked on, it maintained enough pressure to operate the gun at 25-30 PSI @ the gun regulator thru a 50ft hose. The paint jug on the gun only held a max of 600ml, so the compressor had plenty enough breaks in between refills. Plus I didn't continuously hold down the trigger, so that helped rebuild pressure. It did however, operate above its rated duty cycle, but painting the deck or anything else for that matter is not an every weekend ordeal.

Next, is to hook up some nailers and see how she performs with much less demanding tasks. After this last test, I have no reservations that it'll pass with flying colours.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2004
1220 posts
192 upvotes
Montreal
ol' dirty ewok wrote: Got one of these earlier this year, only had to use it on a couple of occasions. However, most recently, I used it to operate an HVLP spray gun to paint my deck. Deck came out great.

Now before anyone tells me otherwise, I know that the tank size is not ideal for operating a spray gun. However, I felt confident with the low pressure requirements, and the 6.5 CFM @ 90PSI capability of this beast, it should be OK.

And boy was it!.. tank emptied pretty fast, but as soon as it kicked on, it maintained enough pressure to operate the gun at 25-30 PSI @ the gun regulator thru a 50ft hose. The paint jug on the gun only held a max of 600ml, so the compressor had plenty enough breaks in between refills. Plus I didn't continuously hold down the trigger, so that helped rebuild pressure. It did however, operate above its rated duty cycle, but painting the deck or anything else for that matter is not an every weekend ordeal.

Next, is to hook up some nailers and see how she performs with much less demanding tasks. After this last test, I have no reservations that it'll pass with flying colours.
This compressor was probably designed for nailers.

Top