Expired Hot Deals

[Rona] Polyethylene Tarpaulin, White - 8 ft x 10 ft - $2.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2019 1:22 pm
Aug 9, 2008
359 posts
149 upvotes
Thanks OP - upvoted. I use this tarp to cover my AC unit during the winter and throw them out when spring comes.
Jan 21, 2018
878 posts
739 upvotes
Vancouver
gogozy wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 11:36 am
good find OP, anyone know how is this compare to the 9'x12' green tarp that goes on sales at CanadianTire for 2.99 from time to time? thanks
There's little to choose between any of them except size and material weight. I have one of those CT green ones, and it's fine - very light weight polyethylene material, but does the job. I bought a 2-pack of larger white tarps at HD for about $10 that seems to be about the same weight.

Interesting fact: I saw a documentary where one of the international aid agencies operating in Africa complained that they couldn't buy cheap tarps for refugees because one company has a patent on the standard tarp design with metal eyelets, and the licence fee raises the price of cheap bulk tarps significantly. They were trying to come up with a variant that escapes the patent but still allows the tarp to be tied down reliably.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2432 posts
555 upvotes
Thanks OP, buying a couple.

Having a tarp hanging over the tent on a rainy night is priceless.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jan 13, 2017
481 posts
152 upvotes
This is perfect for my tent to keep it nice and dry when camping. Thanks Op!
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3222 posts
2233 upvotes
I had made a second order of ×2 shortly after my first order (which is avail for PU) and just got a cancelation email and refund Face Without Mouth
Aug 13, 2004
725 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
just ordered 2 for pick up -- all seems good so far.

** UPDATE ** In only 10 minutes I got an email confirming the order AND an email confirming that it's ready for pick-up instore.
Feb 7, 2012
592 posts
1320 upvotes
Toronto
truenorthstrong wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 1:58 pm
ordered 4 for pickup! Been looking for some for my canopy!

Thanks!
what would you use it for?
looking for a reason to buy some and i have a gazebo lol
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1991 posts
1053 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, I imagine at this price it’s just great for DIY projects as you could just buy for the material? Or does tarp at wholesale cost cheaper?!
Mar 12, 2017
302 posts
168 upvotes
corvax wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 11:58 am
Thanks OP - upvoted. I use this tarp to cover my AC unit during the winter and throw them out when spring comes.
Why do you have to throw them out? Can't you just fold and reuse it?
Sep 4, 2017
52 posts
13 upvotes
frugette wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 2:06 pm
what would you use it for?
looking for a reason to buy some and i have a gazebo lol
I compete in a lot of regattas so I mostly use canopies for my team as a shelter from the elements.

I've been looking for tarps to tie up against the sides as a shield during harsher conditions. Especially against rain. I was out during the rain storm last Saturday and although the rain didn't pour down on us, the wind blew some into the sheltered area. This would be a good and cheap solution for that.
Feb 7, 2012
592 posts
1320 upvotes
Toronto
truenorthstrong wrote:
Jul 18th, 2019 2:18 pm
I compete in a lot of regattas so I mostly use canopies for my team as a shelter from the elements.

I've been looking for tarps to tie up against the sides as a shield during harsher conditions. Especially against rain. I was out during the rain storm last Saturday and although the rain didn't pour down on us, the wind blew some into the sheltered area. This would be a good and cheap solution for that.
works for me! i'll grab some also lol
thank you and good luck in future races!
Dec 14, 2011
331 posts
118 upvotes
York
After getting completely destroyed by the rain this year during my camping trip, in for 5.

Thanks OP!