Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

Polyethylene Tarpaulin, White - 8 ft x 10 ft - $2.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2019 1:22 pm
Jan 27, 2017
330 posts
251 upvotes
midget_man wrote: Description
Standard duty 8 x 10'. Rust-resistant aluminum grommets every 3'. Rope reinforced hem. Strengthen corner bars. Netting 8 x 8, 76GSM. Waterproof and built in UV sun protection. Flexible and lightweight for easy storage. 10 months warranty.
I am reading and typing based on the actual sheet that comes with the tarp package. It actually does not list as a feature “UV sun protection”. Also the quality guarantee/warranty does NOT state 10 months.

If you bought one package you would know.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5335 posts
3149 upvotes
A Place to Stand
smartcdn2 wrote: I am reading and typing based on the actual sheet that comes with the tarp package. It actually does not list as a feature “UV sun protection”. Also the quality guarantee/warranty does NOT state 10 months.

If you bought one package you would know.
I bought 5. They are sitting at the pick up desk at a rural Rona waiting for my smiling face to pick them up. Never heard of a tarp with a "lifetime warranty". Tarps are disposable items, and they fail, undoubtedly, they fail. Nobody ever gets handed down the tarp their father covered his 1977 El Camino with and his father covered his 1954 Nash with. I bought some really heavy duty tarps from Home Depot, best built tarps I've ever owned in fact, and the sun just turns them to dust. So I'll see what it is you are on about when I pick them up, but my guess is, good luck trying to get a warranty claim in 5 years from Rona on a 3 dollar tarp.
Dec 22, 2017
54 posts
34 upvotes
Returned the white ones as soon as I got them. Paper thin. There were already small tears where the folds were coming out of the package. There was not much use for me given poor durability and holes. Not sure if others received the same product.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
FatIndian wrote: are these tarps gray?

i'm so sorry for this
No, they are WHITE (or BLUE if you are west coast).
However, the deal is now OVER as these are back to full price ($9.99 or $11.97 depending on store location pricing).
Good deal for $2.99 - not so much for $10.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
7020 posts
2906 upvotes
Victoria, BC
smartcdn2 wrote: Did you read the small writing at the top right of the package?

It says, in large bold font:
8 x 10 ft pi (2.4 x 3 m)
Then, in smaller font, it says:
7’5” x 9’3” (2.2 x 2.8 m) finished size

So yours was the right size. Hope you did not return it yet because they are now $9.99 again!

Don’t forget they have a Quality guaranteed warranty with no time limits.
Yes, didn't notice the small print.
Suppose it's not unreasonable to have a nominal size and and a smaller actual size for finished fabric goods like this. Unlike bulk fabric.
But, while the length is in accord with that in the small print, the width is definitely not on the one that I have opened.
After straightening out the creases the most I can measure on the stretched width is 77". Certainly far short of the stated 89" finished width.
Might be a random thing and the other two are wider. Won't be opening them until I need to use them.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
Would aluminum patio furniture benefit from being covered with these tarps over the winter etc? Or is patio furniture designed to withstand the elements regardless of if covered or uncovered during extreme/cold weather?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)