Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

Rona 12" Circular Saw Blade 3-pack $25 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2017 11:40 am
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie

[Rona] Rona 12" Circular Saw Blade 3-pack $25 (YMMV)

Missed some of the previous Amazon deals on saw blades and I needed one. Found this three-pack at Rona. Includes 32,40,and 60 tooth carbide-tipped blades. In stock in Calgary Sunridge & Calgary Macleod Trail. YMMW as I don't see the clearance price in a couple ofEastern stores.

https://www.rona.ca/en/set-of-3-circula ... ogId=10051

Edit: The package I got has 32/60/80 teeth.
Last edited by jdewit on Sep 25th, 2017 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
I see it in Toronto too.

Anyone know how good this brand is?

For finer work you don't want to cheap out on your 60-tooth blade.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1247 posts
521 upvotes
Calgary
I am interested too....maybe price is good enough to give it a try...?
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie
I realized while posting that the description says "32/40/60-tooth" but the photos show 32/60/80. I'll check what I actually got when I get home tonight.

"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Jan 3, 2006
374 posts
330 upvotes
Halifax
East coast folks must be very rich... Bling Bling, we do not get many of the deals in other parts of Canada.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
ive got some trim work to do, just wondering if anyone has any comments on these blades.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1256 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
ssaketh wrote: Will these be compatible with this Bosch circular saw that was recently on clearance ? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/bosch ... p.html#srp
I returned mine and got the Skil Pro circular saw on clearance instead. Too much flexing in the foot (out of square cut) and the rubber depth gauge stopper is too flimsy that I don't think it is safe to use.
May 26, 2003
465 posts
22 upvotes
thatsnasty wrote: Pretty sure you only can fit the size it's meant for on circular saws. The bosch one is 7 1/4, and these blades are all 12". Probably meant for a mitre saw or large table saw.
Are you sure for 12' miter saw too? Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1461 upvotes
Richmond
ssaketh wrote: Will these be compatible with this Bosch circular saw that was recently on clearance ? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/bosch ... p.html#srp
Most saws using circular blades (handheld circular saw, table saw, mitre saw etc.) can only use the one blade size they are meant for. I guess technically you could fit a smaller-diameter blade, but it probably wouldn't work properly within the physical constraints of the saw.

The standard blade sizes are 7 1/4" (most handheld circular saws), 10" (most home-use mitre saws and table saws), and 12" (most pro mitre saws and table saws). Some of the battery-powered handheld circular saws use even smaller blades (6 1/2", 5 3/4"), but those are much less common.

The largest blades are quite expensive to buy individually, and of course they wear out on you in use, so you need to watch for sales like this. Unfortunately this set is still $49 at my Rona.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie
microserf wrote: OP the price still is $50 in west Canada.
Calgary is in the West. Also Kelowna BC. YMMV by store, or find the closest store with the clearance price and try to PM.
Faith24 wrote: Most saws using circular blades (handheld circular saw, table saw, mitre saw etc.) can only use the one blade size they are meant for.
+1 for all that. The other thing to consider is the arbor size (the hole in the center of the blade) . These blades have a 1" arbor, which is the most common for 12" blades. So yes, they will fit most 12" mitre or table saws. No, they will not fit 10" table or mitre saws; no, they will not fit 7 1/4" handheld saws.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)