Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rona

SICO Evolution or Muse Paint 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2021 10:14 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2015
6172 posts
56769 upvotes

[Rona] SICO Evolution or Muse Paint 50% off

Never tried this paint before, usually buy Sherwin Williams.

Also on sale at Reno Depot and Lowe's.

https://www.renodepot.com/webapp/wcs/st ... reId=10701
Last edited by hill15 on Jul 22nd, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Nov 24, 2008
277 posts
330 upvotes
Brampton
Curious for some reviews on this as well. Looking to repaint my garage and front door and I used Behr in the past and those are pretty durable
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
2219 posts
720 upvotes
soyabean17 wrote: Curious for some reviews on this as well. Looking to repaint my garage and front door and I used Behr in the past and those are pretty durable
I've used both of these paint as recommended by our contrsctor: Muse for the powder room and Evo for our closet. Both are very nice INTERIOR paint so I don't know if it'll hold up well outdoors. Half price is a great deal though.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1152 posts
2671 upvotes
Fredericton
Garbage paint. There's a reason it's 50% off.

Every time I've used Sico paint I've done 2-3 coats even with priming, and STILL can see the old colour. It doesn't spread well when doing cut ins, and it has poor levelling.

It's not worth the hassle. Buy premium paint like Ben. Moore. Your time is worth more than the savings you'll see buying this garbage paint.
Jan 13, 2017
44 posts
29 upvotes
Sico Evolution I was not impressed with at all…I would not purchase it again, except for use as ceiling paint or trim.

Now Sico Muse, on the other hand, is my current go to paint… I had never tried it until I got a can on clearance last year, and I was pleasantly surprised. Great coverage, could get by with one cost if painting carefully (I always use two for perfect colour).

50% off muse is a steal…I’m doing a big project now , on my third can, but never got more than 35% off when I bought them.
May 9, 2011
72 posts
80 upvotes
Bought a 1,300 sq.ft. home several months ago that had all beige walls. It took about 7 cans of very light-grey Evolution pearl finish to repaint the entire house.

On very humid days, the walls feel very tacky and if you have any furniture like dining chairs/couches leaning against the wall, the paint will peel right off if you move the furniture away from the wall. Not sure if this is just how latex paint is or the brand itself, but it's pretty annoying. I bought this when it was on sale at $40 - I wouldn't purchase this again at $40. However, at $27, I would purchase again if I had to repaint my entire place. It's significantly a huge improvement compared to other Walmart/Canadian tire paints. I've painted with Walmart/Canadian tire stuff before and it's really watery and requires multiple coats and costs about $30/can as well.

Haven't tried the Muse yet, but at that price, it definitely looks interesting and I might try out a can to repaint our laundry room as a start.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4142 posts
1655 upvotes
Montreal
I've used Sico Evolution to paint the entire ground floor of my house (about 2600sf) and have been very happy with it. I find it goes on better than cheaper paints (which I tried in our basement ... never again). Previously Behr was my go-to, but I prefer this. At 50% off it's a no-brainer IMO. I first used it in a couple of rooms about two years ago (also on sale at 50% at that time), and am just wrapping up the rest now. A little pissed off I didn't hold off longer for 50% off (I think I got it at about 20% off).
Jul 18, 2017
393 posts
550 upvotes
Montreal
Which one of the two (evolution/muse) would you use for painting a bathroom ?

I need to repaint mine but I am not sure which type of paint would work best... google has mixed results

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4142 posts
1655 upvotes
Montreal
Masood24 wrote: Looks like it’s dead
It's buy one get one free, so maybe need to put two in cart to see it? It's still advertised on front page of the website and says it's good until July-28.
Jun 12, 2017
37 posts
45 upvotes
I have used both muse and evolution extensively. I have also used benjamin moore regal select, sherwin williams emerald and a bunch of other crap. In all cases i was the one applying the paints.

I would rank them as follows, considering price point, coverage and durability.

1. Sico Muse
2. Benjamin Moore Regal Select
3. Sico Evolution
4. Sherwin Emerald

At this price point Muse is a no brainer. At regular price i consider muse and regal select equal. Sico evolution is a good value paint in general and out performs most other cans in its price range.
May 17, 2007
857 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
I know Sico paint is not great but for the garage should be fine.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2891 posts
2003 upvotes
Since we're on the topic, Ive painted my 2000sq ft home with SW Emerald. The home had beige interior and I only had to do 1 coat of White

Durability is A+. Any stain either a wet towel or Magic Eraser would do it