Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Ronson Shoe Sale - Richmond, BC May 23/24

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2016 6:30 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
Feb 1, 2011
18 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver

Ronson Shoe Sale - Richmond, BC May 23/24

Deal Link:
Price:
39.99
Expiry:
May 24, 2015
Ronsons bi-annual shoe sale is coming up - May 23 - 24.
Richmond, BC.

Richmond Centre in vacated Sears location.

All shoes 39.99, retail prices up to $160.
13 replies
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2004
739 posts
1080 upvotes
Vancouver
*bump*

Anyone been to this recently? Looking for mens dress shoes, size 8-8.5. Worth going?
Member
User avatar
Mar 25, 2008
328 posts
1720 upvotes
Metrotown / Burnaby …
The last one was a complete bust for guys... NOTHING good at all. (I wear the same size of shoes btw.)

In the past I had bought: numerous Timberland boots, Keen sports shoes, Keen Sandals, Rockport dress shoes, New balance sport shoes, hiking boots etc. etc. for myself and some cousins. i.e. all brand-name, great quality products.

Haven't been for a year +, and as noted last time I went (a few months ago) it was pretty bad...

Btw. for the location in Richmond males don't even have to be there too early as they have separate lineups for women and men... Men's line usually has around 10 people when they open :)
But the selection is rather scarce...

Women's lineup is huge... BUT they also have tons of stuff. Last time my wife bought 2 pairs of dress shoes, a pair of great looking sport shoes, and sandals.
Definitely worth going for women, and there are tons of shoes for them... Not so many for the guys.

Hope this helps.
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2004
739 posts
1080 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the update. I remember passing by once when it was at Lansdowne Mall years ago and it looked pretty crazy. Like you said, mostly ladies in the lineup. Never been myself so I think I'll it give it a shot and see how bad it might be.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
13752 posts
4120 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I went this morning. It was supposed to start at 9:30. We got there before 9:00 to be among the first in. There were already buyers in the shopping area. We asked about that. The organizers opened it up at 8:00 AM!

There was a very small men's shoes area. No dress shoes. No black shoes. Only casual shoes and runners. Not much selection in the casual shoes. One of the sales people said there had been a much better selection the day before when the sale had not been open to the general public. (I had the sense the day before was for employees, but I'm not sure.)

Overall, I'm glad I didn't drive far for this.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Banned
May 5, 2015
243 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MexiCanuck wrote: I went this morning. It was supposed to start at 9:30. We got there before 9:00 to be among the first in. There were already buyers in the shopping area. We asked about that. The organizers opened it up at 8:00 AM!

There was a very small men's shoes area. No dress shoes. No black shoes. Only casual shoes and runners. Not much selection in the casual shoes. One of the sales people said there had been a much better selection the day before when the sale had not been open to the general public. (I had the sense the day before was for employees, but I'm not sure.)

Overall, I'm glad I didn't drive far for this.
burnby to rmd. thats far enough lol
Member
Sep 7, 2006
210 posts
53 upvotes
For guys: mainly saw a large selection of NB runners, mostly size 9.5. Otherwise no dress shoes except for the few. Only a small section.

For women: it was 85% of the inventory
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4545 posts
1096 upvotes
Richmond
mostly in size 6 and above. New balance runners all in size 7. Not much selection when i went by. Not that i was interested. I have 4 pairs of runners at home. Just a 5 minute walk for me xD. And there was barely anything in my size. size 7 runners fit me but meh. I rather they fitted better.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1440 posts
1132 upvotes
British Columbia
Just got back, went around 1 PM. May have been more worthwhile yesterday; it was fairly picked over. I still ended up with a pair of sandals and some nicer shoes.

Not much in the way of sandals for size 7+, or even size 7 if you want less heel. Size 5 and 6 is almost gone, size 7 and a half had very limited supply as well. Hardly saw any regular runners at all. Didn't check the men's section. There were an annoying number of single shoes sitting around.

May still be worth going but only if you live close by. I was only 10 minutes away.

Off topic: When is Nordstrom moving in?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1440 posts
1132 upvotes
British Columbia
pikapikapikachu wrote: huge line up. not worth the wait
Just now? I was there at 1-2ish and it was a seemingly somewhat long lineup but once you moved they moved a lot of people at once. Took less than 5 minutes to get in. To cash out there was no line at all.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4545 posts
1096 upvotes
Richmond
Karala wrote: Just got back, went around 1 PM. May have been more worthwhile yesterday; it was fairly picked over. I still ended up with a pair of sandals and some nicer shoes.

Not much in the way of sandals for size 7+, or even size 7 if you want less heel. Size 5 and 6 is almost gone, size 7 and a half had very limited supply as well. Hardly saw any regular runners at all. Didn't check the men's section. There were an annoying number of single shoes sitting around.

May still be worth going but only if you live close by. I was only 10 minutes away.

Off topic: When is Nordstrom moving in?
Was probably only worthwhile in the morning ish.
Banned
May 5, 2015
243 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Karala wrote: Just now? I was there at 1-2ish and it was a seemingly somewhat long lineup but once you moved they moved a lot of people at once. Took less than 5 minutes to get in. To cash out there was no line at all.
around 3pm. packed with ppl and coming out too. I didnt go in because I have to work

Top