Home & Garden

Roof leak, small patch of mold, how to repair?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2019 9:15 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2178 posts
614 upvotes
Kitchener

Roof leak, small patch of mold, how to repair?

I sprayed some vinegar on it, let it dry and removed a layer to the base of the drywall. Do I need to cut out the 8" triangle corner piece, or can I use pollyfilla to seal the area and prime, paint it.
It was a little yellow mold.
Thanks
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6652 posts
2254 upvotes
GTA
Cut it out, its not much work. That way you can see into the wall cavity to ensure there isn't mold in the wall cavity/back of drywall.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5684 posts
3433 upvotes
Yellow? Probably wasn’t even mold , likely just dirty water stain on the drywall paper.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2178 posts
614 upvotes
Kitchener
Ykes! Zambini, that's not what I wanted to hear. fdl, yes it was yellow and I thought it was a stain as well. I really don't want to cut into the ceiling. How bad would it be if it was mold behind the ceiling in the attic?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
4685 posts
809 upvotes
Waterloo
sam123 wrote: I sprayed some vinegar on it, let it dry and removed a layer to the base of the drywall. Do I need to cut out the 8" triangle corner piece, or can I use pollyfilla to seal the area and prime, paint it.
It was a little yellow mold.
Thanks
Didya find/ fix the leak ?
----
Pay it forward.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5684 posts
3433 upvotes
sam123 wrote: Ykes! Zambini, that's not what I wanted to hear. fdl, yes it was yellow and I thought it was a stain as well. I really don't want to cut into the ceiling. How bad would it be if it was mold behind the ceiling in the attic?
Not a big deal, it’s small and it’s in the attic but most importantly you want to make sure it’s not still leaking.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6652 posts
2254 upvotes
GTA
sam123 wrote: How bad would it be if it was mold behind the ceiling in the attic?
Did you see Stranger Things?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
2178 posts
614 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks everyone, leak fixed and no more mold.