• Jul 15th, 2019 7:36 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 8, 2015
189 posts
134 upvotes
Mississauga

Roof Wrap Salvageable

So I bought a roll of vinyl last spring of a brand called kpmf from a shop.
I finally got around to wrapping it yesterday. Not sure if the vinyl was bad or just the fact i had it in my garage over the winter. But there was a lot of imperfections.
Took ~3 hours with the prep included.
Should i redo this.? Are there shops that can cut out the 2/3 big imperfections and blend in the vinyl for like around $50.

8 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23973 posts
8942 upvotes
Toronto
Looks bad. Must be the inferior film.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19119 posts
4206 upvotes
Thornhill
Was it installed wet or dry? I work in fleet management and there's a reason why labour is so expensive for wraps, it takes a lot of patience to install a wrap properly.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
11303 posts
5753 upvotes
Toronto
woah, that looks like hot garbage. But unless you do it all the time for a living this is what it is. Always be more cost effective to pay a pro.

I love it when I see the Canadian Tire home Joe tint job that's got more bubbles that the miss Brazilian butt competition.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
[OP]
Jan 8, 2015
189 posts
134 upvotes
Mississauga
booblehead wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 1:23 pm
Looks bad. Must be the inferior film.
I was gonna get 3M but the guy said hes had issues with it doesnt carry it anymore.
coriolis wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 1:33 pm
Was it installed wet or dry? I work in fleet management and there's a reason why labour is so expensive for wraps, it takes a lot of patience to install a wrap properly.

dry of course. yesterday late afternoon.
Yea im leaning towards just redoing it maybe next weekend or something. Was hoping for some of that false praise.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1166 posts
1073 upvotes
sebakaa wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 3:21 pm
I was gonna get 3M but the guy said hes had issues with it doesnt carry it anymore.

Yea im leaning towards just redoing it maybe next weekend or something. Was hoping for some of that false praise.
No...just pay someone to do it right.

It will probably looks the same as it does now and you would have spent another 3 hours of your weekend.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28350 posts
14153 upvotes
Ottawa
Grab a heatgun and start working it to see if you can smooth it back out and get it to adhere again.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
10269 posts
4405 upvotes
Brampton
It looks like a Combo of not so good film and lack of experience with it.

I've done some tinting and some vinyl work (not all automotive related) and basically you get what you paid for. The pricier stuff is usually easier to work with and more forgiving not to mention more reliable. All that makes it easier for a novice to do.
Get cheap film and you gotta bring your professional A game

There's no hope
That one corner is scuffed to hell it would drive me bonkers
Aug 12, 2014
184 posts
42 upvotes
Brampton, ON
sebakaa wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 3:21 pm

Isnt it better to install wet?