[Roots] 20% off regularly priced styles w/Paypal

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 3:53 pm
[OP]
Oct 18, 2017
19 posts
104 upvotes

[Roots] 20% off regularly priced styles w/Paypal

This discount is not as hot as some in-store promos, but some may find it interesting as the code works on items that aren't frequently discounted, such as leather goods or items from the Roots X Shawn Mendes collection.
Enter code PAYPAL20 at checkout and select PayPal as your payment option to receive 20% off regular priced styles at Roots.com. Eligible amount calculated at checkout before applicable taxes (and shipping). Not redeemable for cash, nor is it valid for any previously purchased merchandise. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupons, discounts, offers or promotions. Styles with additional percent off are final sale. Offer valid online only until Sunday, December 15, 2019.
6 replies
Apr 19, 2017
59 posts
143 upvotes
In case anyone isn't aware, even at 20% off these prices are bad.

In case anyone isn't aware, Roots, despite trying to appear heavily Canadian, is an American owned company that sells items that are almost exclusively produced in third world style factories.

That's almost every company these days, but since Roots tries so hard to cash in on Canadian patriotism, it's important to point it out.

Save your money and either spend more to buy high quality goods, or get cheaper equal quality goods from old navy.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5236 posts
1512 upvotes
Toronto
noregister2 wrote: In case anyone isn't aware, Roots, despite trying to appear heavily Canadian, is an American owned company that sells items that are almost exclusively produced in third world style factories.
As is the case with a lot of Canadian companies trying to attract investment in a global marketplace. The mighty of American private equity has it's hand in almost all industries, to be fair.

As for the quality, yes it has deteriorated and everything is made overseas now, which is truly unfortunate. HBC is the same as well.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1
Mar 9, 2011
129 posts
28 upvotes
I'm not sure about the quality as of late, but I own many Roots sweatpants, the Park Slim in particular. At 30% off they are about $50 a pop and have been quite durable after numerous washes. If anyone knows a better deal then please share.
Nov 21, 2007
360 posts
359 upvotes
Peterborough
Roots makes good quality clothes but their prices can be ridiculous. Even with 20% off this is not a hot deal.
Nov 2, 2013
31 posts
13 upvotes
better off to wait for the 30% off sales, they happen frequently.
probably a pre xmas pre boxing day time to buy before there's another sale that hasn't yet been invented.

also, remember beaver canoe? they were Canadian and roots bought the rights after they folded. looks like they're going to brand the company again soon.
http://beavercanoe.com/

I'm sure it will explode because it has the word 'beaver' on the clothes, just as the word 'roots' does for the same type of laugh.
Thanked 0 times for 0 posts
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19213 posts
6772 upvotes
Toronto
noregister2 wrote: In case anyone isn't aware, even at 20% off these prices are bad.

In case anyone isn't aware, Roots, despite trying to appear heavily Canadian, is an American owned company that sells items that are almost exclusively produced in third world style factories.

That's almost every company these days, but since Roots tries so hard to cash in on Canadian patriotism, it's important to point it out.

Save your money and either spend more to buy high quality goods, or get cheaper equal quality goods from old navy.
I love the quality of my Roots clothing. I just picked up some Henley's and sweaters for work and they are thick and will last several washes.

I have Roots T-Shirts I've worn for literally 10 years.

The worst crime for my Roots track pants is they fade out in the crotch because my thighs rub. That will happen with any garment.

The quality is good, I don't know what you're talking about.
RedFlagDeals Addict