Roots customer service - AWOL?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2021 12:52 pm
Dec 24, 2011
749 posts
1607 upvotes
East, Canada

Roots customer service - AWOL?

What’s happened to Roots? Has anyone bought anything online from Roots lately?

Orders were made on Black Friday week, a fortnight ago, with no update from Roots, or confirmation or cancellation. When I made contact to inquire, one agent claimed my PayPal is reviewing the transactions, which has never been heard of... my PayPal charges are all showing pending for me, but supposedly the Roots chat agent can’t access order information.

At this point I have no idea if my orders will arrive by Xmas.

Both Roots customer service hotlines are down due to “technical difficulties”. And the online agents are useless and have provided false information. First said they couldn’t retrieve my order info, then promised to have it delivered by last week which didn’t happen, then promised to have a supervisor call me, which hasn’t happened yet either.

The whole experience shopping online with Roots has been a disaster and not the same experience I have had with them in years past. Are they in trouble? Their failure to even provide the most basic communication and to deliver on customer service promises is a disappointment.
Amex Platinum, Amex Cobalt, Amex Bonvoy and Amex Bonvoy Business card holder
British Airways American Express (UK)
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2463 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
Their website is such garbage. I wanted to order a pair of sweat pants for in store pickup to avoid shipping charges but the website was showing that not a single store in Toronto had it in stock. I thought ok maybe it's just that particular colour and size that's out of stock. But then I started testing different colours and sizes and then eventually just completely random items and not a single item was available to be picked up in store within a 100km radius of Toronto. I mean I'm pretty sure the physical stores are not just sitting there completely empty. There's an option to Ship to Store but if your order is under $70 you'll still be charged the $7 shipping fee.

I chatted with an agent and he couldn't have cared less. Two weeks later and I still can't find an item that's available for in store pickup
May 13, 2015
47 posts
47 upvotes
Roots was sold to a U.S. investment company in 2015 and since then the quality has definitely declined.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)