Automotive

Rough cost to Fiance a used WRX STI (2010-2015ish) per month?

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 5:30 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1245 posts
71 upvotes
Vaughan

Rough cost to Fiance a used WRX STI (2010-2015ish) per month?

Is/has anyone here financed this car before? I’m looking to get rid of my 08 TSX and my 02 Impreza and just grabbing a 2010+ STI as my 02 is falling apart and my Acura is only driven in the summer. I need something more practical (with some pep :D) that I can use all year round.

Thanks.
10 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15578 posts
13182 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What bank is going to finance a car up to 8 years old?
And older wrx? Hello head gasket? Sti is even worse lol I don't know doesn't seem like a practice choice for a daily driven car. But what do I know.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
28069 posts
13277 upvotes
Toronto
so many variables missing. Price, term, interest rate .... for example, if you find one for $40,000 OTR and $0 down and finance for 3 yrs at 5% ... you are looking at $1200 per month (cost of borrowing $3125)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
11343 posts
3570 upvotes
Toronto
Why your TSX cant drive all year around? It is a FWD, you won't have any problem with a set of winter tires and it is an all year around car.
If OP just want a new toy, just say it. We are not your wife or gf who will stop you buying new toys for fun :P

Finance a used car is usually not a good idea because of the interest rate is usually much higher. Let's hope you have at least some cash to pay at least half of it, so you don't suck up an pay too much interest.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1245 posts
71 upvotes
Vaughan
I’m thinking I could probably put about 10k down and pay it off in 5-6 years? I wouldn’t want to spend 40k or I would go with new. I was thinking around 15-20k.
I would need to do a lot work to winterize my Acura (tires, rims, raise the vehicle - coil overs, possibly change intake from cold air to short ram, etc.)
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2015
688 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
marcodt wrote: I’m thinking I could probably put about 10k down and pay it off in 5-6 years? I wouldn’t want to spend 40k or I would go with new. I was thinking around 15-20k.
I would need to do a lot work to winterize my Acura (tires, rims, raise the vehicle - coil overs, possibly change intake from cold air to short ram, etc.)
You just need winter tires and you're fine. You live in Vaughan, the roads are plowed with an hour. This isn't back country Alberta where you've got to clear 2 feet every day.

Drove a slammed Mazda3 for years with 0 issue.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1245 posts
71 upvotes
Vaughan
TheMaterial wrote: You just need winter tires and you're fine. You live in Vaughan, the roads are plowed with an hour. This isn't back country Alberta where you've got to clear 2 feet every day.

Drove a slammed Mazda3 for years with 0 issue.
Maybe I should just sell my Subaru use the cash to buy new winter tires and rims.. probably the best option eh? I could probably get away with the cold air intake and just raise it since it’s on adjustable coils.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
11343 posts
3570 upvotes
Toronto
marcodt wrote: I’m thinking I could probably put about 10k down and pay it off in 5-6 years? I wouldn’t want to spend 40k or I would go with new. I was thinking around 15-20k.
I would need to do a lot work to winterize my Acura (tires, rims, raise the vehicle - coil overs, possibly change intake from cold air to short ram, etc.)
5-6 years to pay off a used car?
That's crazy, that's a lot of interest paid out.

Even no interest involved, that is still very long-time to pay off a used car.
If you can't afford it, save until you can. It is not like you don't have a car to commute now.
You are just putting yourself in debt.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2015
688 posts
503 upvotes
Toronto
marcodt wrote: Maybe I should just sell my Subaru use the cash to buy new winter tires and rims.. probably the best option eh? I could probably get away with the cold air intake and just raise it since it’s on adjustable coils.
It really depends on your financials. If life's good, I'd get a 'new' car lol, but if I was penny pinching, I'd be getting winters, cranking up those coils and depending where your filter sits on the intake you may be okay to not change it over. Depending on your intake, it may convert into a short ram too.

The only thing I took up was my front lip, well a snow bank took it off for me haha otherwise you should be good.

If you're looking for snows, Allen at Simply is great and Carm at Premiere is great too.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2700 upvotes
ON
Weddings can be pretty expensive these days...

Top