Home & Garden

Rough idea on closing costs for a new build home?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2015 9:46 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
4186 posts
818 upvotes
1.5-2% purchase price, to be on the safe side. Btw, this is a 4 year old thread.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25753 posts
10801 upvotes
Toronto
echo_jey wrote: I have already signed last month. still I can adjust the cap?
Usually, yes.

It's called amendment (to p&s agreement).
Nov 6, 2009
893 posts
145 upvotes
Can you advise about this lawyers fees?
Dsidhu wrote: Depending on the builder you can make them put in paper the cap and you sign it so you won't see the "sudden extra" charges at closing. Your closing costs varies with locations, size of lot and type of house as well as builder (on what they add).

The caps is usually developmental charges, charges to beautify landscape etc. You should get a lawyer at least 6 weeks before you close. I had David Cohen (he is in Brampton) and he was super anal about everything.
Nov 6, 2009
893 posts
145 upvotes
echo_jey wrote: Did you find RFD recommended Lawyer? if so pls pass info.
It wasn't rfd recommended lawyer ended up paying about $1500 for closing fees.
Banned
Jul 2, 2015
395 posts
64 upvotes
Canada
sonajatt wrote: It wasn't rfd recommended lawyer ended up paying about $1500 for closing fees.
Yeah that's a standard price thesedays. For title search and closing etc by RE lawyer. They don't really do much, as its all standardised, but you still have to go through them, easy money for them :(
Dec 8, 2009
687 posts
145 upvotes
sonajatt wrote: It wasn't rfd recommended lawyer ended up paying about $1500 for closing fees.
$1500 is lawyer fee or it includes other fee as well?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25753 posts
10801 upvotes
Toronto
echo_jey wrote: $1500 is lawyer fee or it includes other fee as well?
that's too high. Typically, $1000 fee, incl. disbursement (excl. any title protection insurance) is the general consensus I see.