Automotive

Rover Parking: Impark ticket went to collections which I was unaware of.

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2020 10:31 pm
[OP]
Mar 20, 2017
256 posts
389 upvotes

Rover Parking: Impark ticket went to collections which I was unaware of.

About 2 months ago I parked near Spadina and Dundas using the Rover App. Paid the specified amount and forgot about it.

Got a mail today saying that there is past due with Tacit collections? I'm lost on whats happening as I paid for the parking with Rover. Anyone ever have this happen to them before?
11 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1368 upvotes
This is something that happens more often than not.

OP, check your credit score at https://www.transunion.ca/, to see if indeed your credit was impacted by this so-called "unpaid" ticket.

If it checks out (i.e. it's not a fraudulent letter), write to the collections agency AND the parking authority that issued the ticket, demanding that they confirm payment AND withdraw the reporting to the credit agency.

If they fail to take actions, contact the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services (website here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ministry-go ... r-services) and report BOTH the parking authority and the collection agency. Tell them what happened.

When this happened to me, the collections and the vendor were pointing fingers at each other, without solving the problem. When I contacted the Ministry, almost miraculously the problem resolved within 1-2 days. My unblemished credit reappeared.

What I found somewhat amusing about my situation is that typically, it is the collection agencies that hound people for non-payment. In my case, I was hounding them, to the point of the collection agency politely asking me to stop calling them, while promising not to contact me anymore. Big LOL there.
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2017
256 posts
389 upvotes
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote: This is something that happens more often than not.

OP, check your credit score at https://www.transunion.ca/, to see if indeed your credit was impacted by this so-called "unpaid" ticket.

If it checks out (i.e. it's not a fraudulent letter), write to the collections agency AND the parking authority that issued the ticket, demanding that they confirm payment AND withdraw the reporting to the credit agency.

If they fail to take actions, contact the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services (website here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ministry-go ... r-services) and report BOTH the parking authority and the collection agency. Tell them what happened.

When this happened to me, the collections and the vendor were pointing fingers at each other, without solving the problem. When I contacted the Ministry, almost miraculously the problem resolved within 1-2 days. My unblemished credit reappeared.

What I found somewhat amusing about my situation is that typically, it is the collection agencies that hound people for non-payment. In my case, I was hounding them, to the point of the collection agency politely asking me to stop calling them, while promising not to contact me anymore. Big LOL there.
peteryorkuca wrote: Mail the receipt and tell them to foff
Thanks for both your help, never had this happen to me before with Rover so i'm a bit lost lol...glad to know there is a way to get things done
Nov 12, 2012
713 posts
432 upvotes
Calgary
FYI, they’re not a real collection agency.
Nov 22, 2017
693 posts
406 upvotes
I have had a few tickets from tacit those guys are scum take them to small claims court and force them to pay all your fees.
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3841 upvotes
Private parking tickets are not enforceable. I'm 99% sure that "collections" company is them under another name to scare people into paying.
I have over $1000 in parking tickets from imPark. Nothing came out of it and I made fun of them when they called pretending to be collection company
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2742 posts
1973 upvotes
If they have actually filed with your credit agency you need to contact the collection agency and state formally that the debt is in dispute because you have conflicting evidence and you are prepared to take this to (fill in blank, court, ministry, etc).
Smash that like button!
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14664 posts
2336 upvotes
Toronto
Rover Parking is pretty garbage. I used them a few years ago and also got a ticket. However, mine was from the city so I knew right away.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2017
256 posts
389 upvotes
For anyone else that experiences this:

Message Rover and pray for a reply, took a few tries for someone to finally get the case.

They had everything paid off as they have contacts in impark and resolved everything. The whole situation took about 2 weeks.
Aug 18, 2008
50 posts
15 upvotes
Tickets on private parking lots do not affect your credit. They have no proof it was you driving the car. Pay if you want, but if you don't every plan on parking on parking on impark lots again don't pay. if you do, might be cheaper to change your liscence plates.

oops sorry, everything was handled but above still applies for anyone who gets a parking ticket.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8305 posts
1229 upvotes
TO
Messerschmitt wrote: Private parking tickets are not enforceable. I'm 99% sure that "collections" company is them under another name to scare people into paying.
I have over $1000 in parking tickets from imPark. Nothing came out of it and I made fun of them when they called pretending to be collection company
No issue when you went to renew license?

I posted here back in January when I got this Pink skip wrapped in plastic under my wiper's for parking at visitor spot at my cousin's resident in Brampton (beckenrose crt).

If I find the thread I'll post.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent