• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 6:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 13, 2019
147 posts
31 upvotes

Rowing Machine

Looking to buy a good workout machine. Likely a rowing machine from Amazon. Anybody have any recommendations?
10 replies
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1123 posts
393 upvotes
Markham
Skipping rope.
Cheap speed rope and plan to replace it.
Or wire speed rope, and hockey tape the point of contact to keep the wire from becoming exposed with wear.
[OP]
Apr 13, 2019
147 posts
31 upvotes
cdniron wrote: Concept2 is the only one you should consider. They hold their value and are used by olympic rowers. Built like a tank and will last forever. You can get one on kijiji as well.
Think I will go Concept 2. Kind of pricey but will get something back for my money. Probably buy on Amazon
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3425 posts
637 upvotes
London
I paid $1168 with tax in Jan 2014 = based on the rower I can totally see it holding it's price point. Maybe check out a concept 2 forum to check price point? haven't been on one in a while but just google and some will pop up! It's a great machine.
Banned
Nov 20, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
The Concept2 Model D is perfect for a beginner to advanced athlete. The reason you've heard so much about it is because it's the industry standard indoor rowing machines.
Good luck with the decision and happy rowing!
Nov 10, 2013
379 posts
316 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
I had C2 years ago, great device. I had to sell it due to back issue, but I got most of my money back.
Dec 17, 2008
152 posts
27 upvotes
I missed the Black Friday sale when the Concept 2 Model D PM5 went down to $749!!!! Disappointed But Relieved Face

Anybody think there will be a similar sale for Boxing Day? I'm so torn on buying one used as compared to full price....
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1725 posts
2027 upvotes
letigre98 wrote: I missed the Black Friday sale when the Concept 2 Model D PM5 went down to $749!!!! Disappointed But Relieved Face

Anybody think there will be a similar sale for Boxing Day? I'm so torn on buying one used as compared to full price....
Wow, that is a great price!

If not used in a gym, used is probably ok at they are well built. Like a lot of exercise equipment, if bought with the best of intentions but reality is that it became a clothes hanger, it could be a good deal. GL