• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 2:58 am
[OP]
Feb 12, 2020
264 posts
385 upvotes

[Royal Bank] RBC Avion - 20000 Avion Points with 1K MSR and First Year Free

It's back.

20000 Avion Points with first year free.
15000 points upon approval and 5000 upon meeting $1000 spend. Annual fee is waived regardless of meeting the minimum spend requirement.

20000 points is worth between $200-$350 in value.

https://apps.royalbank.com/uaw0/iao/app ... main/intro
90 replies
May 6, 2020
46 posts
360 upvotes
Thanks for posting OP.

Anyone know what the chances are that RBC will bring back the 35k points offer from this January? I think that value is pretty unbeatable.
Mar 19, 2016
451 posts
385 upvotes
canada
rororororo wrote: Thanks for posting OP.

Anyone know what the chances are that RBC will bring back the 35k points offer from this January? I think that value is pretty unbeatable.
Yikes, tough call. RBC had been pretty quite with the avion offers this year. I might pull the trigger with p2 for this offer and hold off myself. Avion has silently become a strong point system. Especially with all the devals this year.
[OP]
Feb 12, 2020
264 posts
385 upvotes

That was a pretty ridiculous offer and on top of that there was a Rocketman promo with a $100 visa gift card.. It was the most lucrative offer that I've ever seen from a Big 5 bank so I like to think of it as a once in a decade sort of a thing.

If I recall correctly, the 35000 points alone with the annual fee was being considered the highest bonus ever offered by RBC. It likely won't come back.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4264 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto

I'd like to wait for this deal, does RBC give 35K right away, or you have to spend up to such an amount of money in order to receive all points?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Sep 4, 2009
107 posts
45 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Sorry, what does 1k MSR mean?
...nvm Min Spend Requirement
...I knew that lol
Last edited by discogen on Dec 12th, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1474 posts
885 upvotes
junggoo wrote: That was a pretty ridiculous offer and on top of that there was a Rocketman promo with a $100 visa gift card.. It was the most lucrative offer that I've ever seen from a Big 5 bank so I like to think of it as a once in a decade sort of a thing.

If I recall correctly, the 35000 points alone with the annual fee was being considered the highest bonus ever offered by RBC. It likely won't come back.
That’s the offer I signed up for last January and just downgraded my card to a no fee card on Thursday.
I read through the T&C and it didn’t say anything about not being eligible if I applied for this new offer.
Does anyone have any DPs?
Apr 18, 2017
556 posts
264 upvotes
Ottawa
dustinsa wrote: Yikes, tough call. RBC had been pretty quite with the avion offers this year. I might pull the trigger with p2 for this offer and hold off myself. Avion has silently become a strong point system. Especially with all the devals this year.
Might do the same. Just get P2 to get this offer. I managed to snake the 35K (minus the rocketman promo) offer.
Dec 11, 2020
3 posts
6 upvotes
I've tried a few times with an existing account, but it just redirects to account view, no way to apply with annual waived+points. Any ideas?
Jan 2, 2020
33 posts
15 upvotes
xxxronjames wrote: Might do the same. Just get P2 to get this offer. I managed to snake the 35K (minus the rocketman promo) offer.
Sorry, whats P2?
Jul 13, 2008
20559 posts
6226 upvotes
GTA
jamieson604 wrote: Sorry, whats P2?
In churning, player 2. This is generally referring to a spouse/partner that you open cards for.
[OP]
Feb 12, 2020
264 posts
385 upvotes
MacSpares wrote: I've tried a few times with an existing account, but it just redirects to account view, no way to apply with annual waived+points. Any ideas?
Log out, use an incognito browser, then continue as a new account. Rbc will link the card to your existing account automatically if you get approved.
Jan 2, 2020
33 posts
15 upvotes
You guys think they will have a 25K offer after Christmas - January? Or should I bite the bullet and not be greedy? Never had this card before.
Nov 24, 2014
181 posts
131 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
We need avios 50% transfer bonus now!!!!!!!
Mar 9, 2011
429 posts
141 upvotes
Coquitlam
I applied for this last year in August and cancelled it in May of this year. If I apply now will I get the bonus?
Nov 16, 2020
31 posts
11 upvotes
Does anyone know if I can switch from my RBC Westjet WE MC and still get the bonus points? Have been thinking of switching for a while, can't use the companion voucher for a while.
Mar 23, 2004
43167 posts
9111 upvotes
Markham
dcmanitopyes wrote: Does anyone know if I can switch from my RBC Westjet WE MC and still get the bonus points? Have been thinking of switching for a while, can't use the companion voucher for a while.
rbc is really tough on promos for transferring cards, so no unless you somehow got an exception.
Nov 16, 2020
31 posts
11 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: rbc is really tough on promos for transferring cards, so no unless you somehow got an exception.
Ah darn, thanks! I'll probably switch my card to a free account just to keep it open then switch back to the west jet card once things get back to normal.
Feb 24, 2015
110 posts
51 upvotes
nova scotia
pretty sure the 35000 pts offer had a fee , 20000 pts with no fee is not bad , had this card a few times , try again for it , have to keep my ba account alive so grab this card and hope a good offer comes along to move pts.