Ongoing Deal Discussion

Royal Bank

RBC Avion Visa Up to 55K Avion Points welcome bonus

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 5:43 pm
Jun 2, 2020
73 posts
41 upvotes
How much is the $ value of the 55k points if I buy something from apple?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2762 upvotes
Guelph
So are AVION points the same as the Rewards plus points? I saw one post saying its the exact same thing but in the gift card thread, people had to transfer their AVION pts to Rewards +? Confused.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Jul 4, 2015
382 posts
221 upvotes
squall458 wrote: So are AVION points the same as the Rewards plus points? I saw one post saying its the exact same thing but in the gift card thread, people had to transfer their AVION pts to Rewards +? Confused.
Yes they are the same. All basically RBC's points. RBC is changing the nomenclature and it will be called Avion points going forward.
Feb 4, 2018
61 posts
18 upvotes
This card or [current] RBC Signature ($39 annual fee)? Reward is same (1 point/1$).
Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
squall458 wrote: So are AVION points the same as the Rewards plus points? I saw one post saying its the exact same thing but in the gift card thread, people had to transfer their AVION pts to Rewards +? Confused.
nobita107 wrote: This card or [current] RBC Signature ($39 annual fee)? Reward is same (1 point/1$).
Thank you.
Many different RBC cards earn the same RBC Rewards points (soon changing to be called Avion points). At the gift card thread, specifically for Amazon.ca GCs, only ONE specific RBC Visa card will show a discount after you've added the Amazon GC to your cart and go to the CHECK OUT page - which is the RBC Rewards+ Visa card.
https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-car ... -plus.html

The Avion, Signature, Gold Rewards Visa cards do NOT get the same discounted rate. People who have multiple card products in their profile are transferring the points from say their Avion Visa card to their Rewards+ Visa card account, and then selecting the Rewards+ card at their shopping portal so that they can get the better discount.

At that thread, it's being called a glitch but it's not, it's the way it's been for at least a couple of years. Someone has already explained why it's getting the extra discount beyond the advertised 20%, so I personally do not think it's a glitch.
rbc-rbc-rewards-20-off-gift-cards-4-wal ... #p36376606

I wish OP @Seanne :) would change the OP post to remove the glitch wording. C'mon Seanne, do the right thing and stop the fervour. People think that RBC will eventually "fix" this glitch so they are rushing in to grab a piece of the pie before it dies. There's still time (3 biz days) to do a product switch of an existing card to the Rewards+ card to take advantage of this, so that's what some people are doing, including a hive family member. The promotion ends Aug 15th at midnight. They'll probably run out of physical cards, if anything. :lol:
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
bizee-bee wrote: Many different RBC cards earn the same RBC Rewards points (soon changing to be called Avion points). At the gift card thread, specifically for Amazon.ca GCs, only ONE specific RBC Visa card will show a discount after you've added the Amazon GC to your cart and go to the CHECK OUT page - which is the RBC Rewards+ Visa card.
https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-car ... -plus.html

The Avion, Signature, Gold Rewards Visa cards do NOT get the same discounted rate. People who have multiple card products in their profile are transferring the points from say their Avion Visa card to their Rewards+ Visa card account, and then selecting the Rewards+ card at their shopping portal so that they can get the better discount.

At that thread, it's being called a glitch but it's not, it's the way it's been for at least a couple of years. Someone has already explained why it's getting the extra discount beyond the advertised 20%, so I personally do not think it's a glitch.
rbc-rbc-rewards-20-off-gift-cards-4-wal ... #p36376606

I wish OP @Seanne :) would change the OP post to remove the glitch wording. C'mon Seanne, do the right thing and stop the fervour. People think that RBC will eventually "fix" this glitch so they are rushing in to grab a piece of the pie before it dies. There's still time (3 biz days) to do a product switch of an existing card to the Rewards+ card to take advantage of this, so that's what some people are doing, including a hive family member. The promotion ends Aug 15th at midnight. They'll probably run out of physical cards, if anything. :lol:
edited! @bizee-bee you should be a mod so you can change these for us!
Sep 5, 2014
206 posts
158 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
feels like i am blind... have been looking for the product switch online on my desktop for literally 30 minutes and cannot find it. =(

may try to downgrade through online chat tomorrow, or if not call in....
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4399 posts
1248 upvotes
kaimaibao wrote: feels like i am blind... have been looking for the product switch online on my desktop for literally 30 minutes and cannot find it. =(

When you click on the credit card account, you have to look on the right side of the screen for the panel. you'll see an option for it.

Minimizing interaction with them is prob best. I wouldn't use the online chat.
Dec 25, 2019
300 posts
288 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
kaimaibao wrote: feels like i am blind... have been looking for the product switch online on my desktop for literally 30 minutes and cannot find it. =(

Make sure you are logged into online banking and not the mobile app. Can’t do the switch through the app.
Jan 16, 2010
482 posts
665 upvotes
Southern AB
Thx OP - approved including with additional cashback from CCG.
May 19, 2016
249 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Bedman71 wrote: Make sure you are logged into online banking and not the mobile app. Can’t do the switch through the app.
I downgraded my card thru online banking. How long does it take for the cards to switch. I did it about 2 days back and still the avion card when i log in.
Aug 19, 2021
73 posts
68 upvotes
I am getting 15k points on upgrading my existing account without credit check. Worth it?
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
2218 posts
2094 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone successful on getting both the Infinite and the Platinum and get both welcome offers?
Oct 8, 2006
679 posts
505 upvotes
Okanagan Valley
Lastkai wrote: Thx OP - approved including with additional cashback from CCG.
How long is it taking to show on CCG that you are approved and will be getting the $100 sent to you. Was instantly approved by RBC for card on July 26 yet on the CCG SITE still shows as pending?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2762 upvotes
Guelph
Tried to skim the post but I must have missed it. Has anyone applied for both cards and got the WELCOME points for both cards already? Applied for one a few days ago. I will wait until it arrives to set it up online and then apply for the second card.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
May 12, 2008
75 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 2.04.30 PM.png
How long did it take for the 35K points to show up in your account upon activation?

Credit card application was approved on Jul 13
Credit card activated on Jul 25

Did anyone receive this below message
On RBC Rewards, under Pending Points: Sorry, we’re having technical issues at the moment. Please try again later.
Jan 16, 2010
482 posts
665 upvotes
Southern AB
happy camper wrote: How long is it taking to show on CCG that you are approved and will be getting the $100 sent to you. Was instantly approved by RBC for card on July 26 yet on the CCG SITE still shows as pending?
Still shows as pending for me and I applied a few days before my post (more recent than you). I think their website says it can take a few weeks so not worried yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2011
1876 posts
1154 upvotes
Not NEPEAN
skyrink wrote: Anyone successful on getting both the Infinite and the Platinum and get both welcome offers?
squall458 wrote: Tried to skim the post but I must have missed it. Has anyone applied for both cards and got the WELCOME points for both cards already? Applied for one a few days ago. I will wait until it arrives to set it up online and then apply for the second card.
You can only apply and be approved for an RBC card once every 90+ days and since the offer started May 16, it will have been impossible for anyone to have gotten a second iteration yet.
Jun 16, 2009
713 posts
432 upvotes
Mississauga
skyrink wrote: Anyone successful on getting both the Infinite and the Platinum and get both welcome offers?
I applied for Infinite card was approved. After I got card , the points had posted, Annual fee was paid. One week later I applied for the Platinum card, I was declined. Maybe others may have been successful .
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
2218 posts
2094 upvotes
Toronto
mgn2000 wrote: I applied for Infinite card was approved. After I got card , the points had posted, Annual fee was paid. One week later I applied for the Platinum card, I was declined. Maybe others may have been successful .
Like the previous post suggested, RBC has a rule for only 1 credit card application every 90 days. So the earliest 1 could apply for a 2nd card is 90 days after May 16....which would be Aug 16th at the earliest if you applied and got approved on the 1st day.

Offer of 55,000 pts ends Sept 16th.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

maxRoi