Expired Hot Deals

[Royal Bank] RBC Avion VISA Infinte 25k with 1k spend and FYF is back for Boxing Week

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2021 3:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7875 posts
8176 upvotes
The Prairies

[Royal Bank] RBC Avion VISA Infinte 25k with 1k spend and FYF is back for Boxing Week

Seen the ad on Facebook.

Expires January 10, 2020
Last edited by coolintheshade on Dec 29th, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
443 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3478 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
How much is the annual fees and can someone chime in on how good this deal is compared to the past? Could save lot of questions for noobs posting later in thus thread lol.
====================================
Dec 8, 2006
938 posts
546 upvotes
ludhi wrote: How much is the annual fees and can someone chime in on how good this deal is compared to the past? Could save lot of questions for noobs posting later in thus thread lol.
$120
Zoomer Wireless User
----
For Sale in Toronto -- iPhone 12 Blue 128GB -- $1100
Jul 3, 2017
134 posts
286 upvotes
Are you eligible if you previously had this card? I read through the fine print and it doesn't say anything about it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6744 posts
2633 upvotes
Montreal
SamuelNapper wrote: Are you eligible if you previously had this card? I read through the fine print and it doesn't say anything about it.

Wondering about this too, desactivated the card almost a year ago.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3200 posts
2985 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: Wondering about this too, desactivated the card almost a year ago.
I’m in the same boat. Experts, please chime in Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Aug 12, 2003
456 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
SamuelNapper wrote: Are you eligible if you previously had this card? I read through the fine print and it doesn't say anything about it.
Same... read through T&Cs and doesn’t say anything about previously holding the card. Just says existing cardholders not eligible.
Sep 21, 2006
561 posts
115 upvotes
after you login, does it still say annual fee $120?

Interest rate: 19.99%
Annual Fee: $120
Grace Period: 21 days

TIA
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3734 posts
998 upvotes
Calgary
Tempting. Wish they have a chequing account that can waive annual fees yearly.

Their RBC rewards sale last black Friday was impressive.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7875 posts
8176 upvotes
The Prairies
Madevilz wrote:
Wondering about this too, desactivated the card almost a year ago.
pongster wrote:
I’m in the same boat. Experts, please chime in Smiling Face With Sunglasses
GoogleFish wrote:
Same... read through T&Cs and doesn’t say anything about previously holding the card. Just says existing cardholders not eligible.
From the T&C

Additional cardholder(s), as well as existing RBC Avion Visa Infinite or RBC Avion Visa Platinum, Cathay Pacific‡ Visa Platinum, British Airways‡ Visa Infinite, RBC Rewards Visa Preferred, RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders, applying for or transferring to an RBC Avion Visa Infinite card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer. This offer is eligible for the RBC Avion Visa Infinite card and the RBC Avion Visa Platinum card if you are approved for either through this offer. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer and may be amended or withdrawn without notice at any time, even after acceptance by you

So if you currently have this card, or one of the others in the bolded text above, you don’t qualify.
However you do if you’ve had the card before.

@bizee-bee has churned this card more times than anyone I know.
Perhaps he’ll chime in with his expertise.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8278 posts
1217 upvotes
TO
This card will be good for my 🥊 boxing day app-a-thon I'm thinking of :P
BMO airmiles WE
Avion fyf

What else is good atm in the market

/ChurnLife
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3480 upvotes
The NORTH
What are 25k points worth? I know that 100k TD points are worth $500 travel, what about RBC?
Oct 5, 2009
23 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
kr0zet wrote: What are 25k points worth? I know that 100k TD points are worth $500 travel, what about RBC?
Last time I got 250$ worth of Amazon gift cards which I find more useful than 100K td points because you have to use those td points in expedia and I find that there prices in expedia are grossly inflated.

I switched to the Rewards plus a few months ago. I'm going to to the bank and see if I can switch to the visa infinite
Last edited by smokeyjay on Dec 25th, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8278 posts
1217 upvotes
TO
kr0zet wrote: What are 25k points worth? I know that 100k TD points are worth $500 travel, what about RBC?
$250 to pay off mortgage/LoC and txn to savings RESP or the like I think.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8278 posts
1217 upvotes
TO
coolintheshade wrote: From the T&C

Additional cardholder(s), as well as existing RBC Avion Visa Infinite or RBC Avion Visa Platinum, Cathay Pacific‡ Visa Platinum, British Airways‡ Visa Infinite, RBC Rewards Visa Preferred, RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders, applying for or transferring to an RBC Avion Visa Infinite card as of the offer eligibility period, are not eligible for this offer. This offer is eligible for the RBC Avion Visa Infinite card and the RBC Avion Visa Platinum card if you are approved for either through this offer. This offer may not be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer and may be amended or withdrawn without notice at any time, even after acceptance by you

So if you currently have this card, or one of the others in the bolded text above, you don’t qualify.
However you do if you’ve had the card before.

@bizee-bee has churned this card more times than anyone I know.
Perhaps he’ll chime in with his expertise.
Thanks goodness WestJet WE isn't in the list because I'm sure there are many of us here who jumped the ship in the last 2 rounds.

Feb 5, 2013
222 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
I just canceled this card last week. I wonder if it’ll approve me if I apply this week.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7875 posts
8176 upvotes
The Prairies
awesomep0ssum wrote: I just canceled this card last week. I wonder if it’ll approve me if I apply this week.
Only one way to find out.....
Jan 30, 2017
534 posts
78 upvotes
bluexcrush wrote: after you login, does it still say annual fee $120?

Interest rate: 19.99%
Annual Fee: $120
Grace Period: 21 days

TIA
It says at the beginning fyf
Jan 30, 2017
534 posts
78 upvotes
smokeyjay wrote: Last time I got 250$ worth of Amazon gift cards which I find more useful than 100K td points because you have to use those td points in expedia and I find that there prices in expedia are grossly inflated.

I switched to the Rewards plus a few months ago. I'm going to to the bank and see if I can switch to the visa infinite
Are you serious? You can conver 25k points to a $250 amazon card? Wow that’s good