• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2019 1:00 pm
[OP]
Nov 13, 2013
575 posts
1002 upvotes
Kingston, ON

[Royal Bank] *RBC* get $300 for opening a new all-inclusive account

VIP or Signature Banking accounts will get you the 300 smackers.

How to Get Started
Open an eligible all-inclusive banking account by April 1, 2019
Set up your payroll or pension as a direct deposit, or two pre-authorized payments (PAP) by June 28, 2019 to qualify.
(The first direct deposit must be made or first payment of both PAPs must clear by June 28, 2019 to qualify)
We will deposit $300 cash directly into your new banking account. Feel free to spend it any way you like. It's that easy

DID YOU KNOW ? ? :

-Unlimited free Interac e-Transfer transactions on all personal chequing accounts.
-Saving made easy when you turn on NOMI Find & Save in the RBC Mobile app.
-Instantly save 3¢ per litre on fuel and get 20% more Petro Points at Petro-Canada locations when you link your RBC debit or credit card to your Petro-Points card and pay using your linked RBC card.
-RBC rated highest in customer satisfaction with retail banking advice in Canada.
-Largest branch and ATM network in Canada
21 replies
Jul 5, 2013
736 posts
1076 upvotes
Saint John
The Bonus Offer is $300 with an RBC VIP Banking® (monthly fee of $30) or RBC Signature No Limit Banking® account (monthly fee of $14.95, increase to $15.95 effective June 1, 2019); or $100 with an RBC No Limit Banking® account (monthly fee of $10.95).
Jul 5, 2013
736 posts
1076 upvotes
Saint John
Your Eligible Personal Banking Account must remain open and in good standing, and the Qualifying Criteria you performed to get the Bonus Offer for the RBC Signature No Limit Banking®, RBC VIP Banking®, and RBC No Limit Banking accounts (such as payroll/pension deposit or pre-authorized payment) must remain in effect for at least 365 days from the Qualify By Date.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2009
1423 posts
274 upvotes
Renous
Any way to get the fee waived? Minimum balance?
Reserved for future time travellers
Apr 6, 2017
315 posts
372 upvotes
Good luck if you need to phone them. They do not provide even the most basic of customer service.
Nov 3, 2009
916 posts
339 upvotes
Calgary
RBC is the worst bank to deal with. They close your accounts automatically if you don't actively use them. Higher lending rate than other banks. Fee can't be waived and cold deal like this.
Jul 22, 2009
827 posts
214 upvotes
Brampton
fee sucks, rbc sucks, no deal
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1524 posts
488 upvotes
tfong010 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 4:11 pm
Good luck if you need to phone them. They do not provide even the most basic of customer service.
In a weird way, I actually like the directness of RBC. I opened an account, first time with them under a different promotion. I had asked them a question about taking advantage of another promotion, and instead of beating around the bush or giving me some fake plastic answer, they were just pretty direct about it. Sometimes I appreciate it more, rather than lying to one customer and then telling another something else
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
4142 posts
2472 upvotes
Cold as ice.
😎 "How do you like to pay?" "American Express!" 😄
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1029 posts
169 upvotes
RBC will have to face loss of clients and profitability unless they change the way they treat them. Right now RBC treats people like they are very dumb consumers with lack of basic math skills and any choice. RBC feels entitled to their current and potential clients. I moved on from them after they wouldn't give me rate that HSBC had posted on their website.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5406 posts
3122 upvotes
Toronto
ibuddler wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 4:23 pm
RBC is the worst bank to deal with. They close your accounts automatically if you don't actively use them.
That's false... they will send you a communication letting you know that you have not used at all the account for 2 years, and will ask you to return a signed form within 60 (or 90) days to keep it open; they cannot close an account without informing you at all
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Nov 3, 2009
916 posts
339 upvotes
Calgary
roblombardi wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 1:28 pm
That's false... they will send you a communication letting you know that you have not used at all the account for 2 years, and will ask you to return a signed form within 60 (or 90) days to keep it open; they cannot close an account without informing you at all
No. They DID NOT. They closed without informing me at all and it's not a dormant account you are referring to. Google it you will see how many people accounts have been closed for no reason from RBC. Even on this board, lots of RFDers complained before.
May 8, 2013
129 posts
112 upvotes
Cambridge
roblombardi wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 1:28 pm
they can and do close accounts as they see fit with no recourse and very little notice. the notice you get it to remove your money within a certain amount of time. i forgot how long. something like 60 days...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5406 posts
3122 upvotes
Toronto
ibuddler wrote:
Jan 24th, 2019 3:44 pm
No. They DID NOT. They closed without informing me at all and it's not a dormant account you are referring to. Google it you will see how many people accounts have been closed for no reason from RBC. Even on this board, lots of RFDers complained before.
They always have to inform you, if you weren't informed, then you have a case and should report this to the Ombudsman.

However, they seem to close accounts from time to time, if they think you are a high risk client, or involved in money laundering (and not only RBC, but all banks would do the same if you are flagged for these reasons); however, again, if you are wrongly flagged, you can ask for an investigation or report it again, to the Ombudsman
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝