Hot Deals

[Royal Bank] RBC InvestEase new account - 50k Petro Points + No fees for 6 months

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 12:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1798 posts
1266 upvotes

[Royal Bank] RBC InvestEase new account - 50k Petro Points + No fees for 6 months

https://www.rbcinvestease.com/dms/campa ... 1546694894

Open an RBC InvestEase account using promo code SP220 by November 4, 2019
Hold a minimum balance of $1,000 in your account until February 29, 2020

That’s it! You’ll receive your 50,000 Petro-Points within 6-8 weeks. Plus we’ll waive your management fee for 6 months on your investment balance.
16 replies
Apr 14, 2018
117 posts
126 upvotes
Terms:
1) To be eligible for the RBC InvestEase 50,000 Petro-Points offer (the “50,000 Petro-Points Offer”), the following terms and conditions apply:
a) This offer is only available to the addressee and is not transferable. This offer is available to select RBC Royal Bank clients participating in the Linked Loyalty Program offered by RBC and Suncor (Petro-Canada) , living in Canada, without an existing account with RBC InvestEase Inc. as of the beginning of the Promotional Period (defined below) who open an Eligible Account (defined below) and who otherwise comply with the terms of the offer.

e) The 50,000 Petro-Points Offer will be credited directly to your Petro-Points account enrolled in the Linked Loyalty Program within 6 to 8 weeks of completing all of the offer criteria provided your credit card account is open and in good standing at that time, and will be accessible when you sign into your account via https://www.petro-canada.ca/en/personal ... ro-points/.

---------------------

To be eligible for this offer, does this mean that is targeted, AND you have to have one of their credit cards? Is anyone able to clarify?
Oct 1, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking about opening an account for the past few days, glad I waited.

Not sure about the credit card thing though, I'll probably call them to clarify.
Apr 14, 2018
117 posts
126 upvotes
js45682 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 10:22 am
Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking about opening an account for the past few days, glad I waited.

Not sure about the credit card thing though, I'll probably call them to clarify.
Please report back!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
1289 posts
872 upvotes
Montreal
I got a similar offer 6 months ago... they added $50 to the TFSA account. You need to hold $1000 for 6 months non stop so put a bit more.
Sep 11, 2011
580 posts
177 upvotes
Alberta
13inches wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 9:23 am
$50 in gas or carwash.
Or anything in store, including lottery.
Apr 8, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote
Dartmouth, NS
Careful if using it for RRSP accounts... $135 +tx fee to transfer out to a different institution. I know this is pretty standard, and a lot of the places you are transferring TO will cover the fee, but worth noting if you want to keep your money registered. Not as big of a deal for TFSAs, as you can just close the account for no fee, money is deregistered, and you can add it to a different TFSA right away or in the following year, depending on your situation.
Mar 15, 2011
0 posts
1 upvote
Just called InvestEase - the woman I spoke with said that you don't need a credit card as long as your have an RBC bank account that's linked to a PetroPoint account
Nov 20, 2013
734 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
I spoke to someone at RBC to clarify if I needed a credit card for this promotion.

You don't need a credit card. But your debit card has to linked to a Petro account to get 3 cents off gas. And the bonus points will be deposited to the Petro account.
The only thing I know for sure... is that I know nothing.
1. Water 2. Sugar 3. Barney
Oct 1, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
Also called them and they confirmed no credit card is needed to get the offer.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1052 posts
478 upvotes
fees seems comparable to e-series or D-series with RBC.. i dont recall sales taxes on top of MERs ??? i never used a robo portfolio manager, i feel old school and sticking with self direct. please comment if anyone used this type of service before?

What are RBC InvestEase’s fees?

RBC InvestEase charges an annual management fee of 0.50% + applicable sales tax (billed monthly, based on your account’s average Assets Under Management). A weighted average management expense ratio between 0.11% -0.30% will apply to the ETFs held in your portfolio.

For additional details on transfer fees please refer to the below section.

If you’re currently enjoying one of our “no management fee” promotional offers, we’ll notify you 60 days before we start charging fees to your account.
Jul 25, 2019
5 posts
5 upvotes
I just recently got the $50 deposited from the last promotion but it went into the TFSA not as petro points also included the management fee waiver for 6 months.
Apr 7, 2019
160 posts
95 upvotes
TheDealHelper wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 2:48 am
I just recently got the $50 deposited from the last promotion but it went into the TFSA not as petro points also included the management fee waiver for 6 months.
Same here. Got $50 from last promotion. Wanted to close investease account online but looks like I will need to call them to close it.