Expired Hot Deals

[Royal Bank] RBC IPAD (2018) OFFER

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 1:17 am
Apr 7, 2017
240 posts
169 upvotes
Brantford
The offer is extended until October 1, people who did not get the offer so they have ample time to get it
Jul 5, 2018
253 posts
119 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: are u guys really setting up and doing PAPs every month...or just until u get the ipad, then u can stop the PAPs and just keep the account active till sept30th 2019? tia

just making sure lol
This question has been answered 100times in this thread, you have keep the 2 PADs running every month until 27 sept 2019
Jul 5, 2018
253 posts
119 upvotes
vuhoang123 wrote: Silver.
Oh sh!t, I just ordered silver Last night :(, I actually chose it because I heard it shipped faster than gold and space grey. Oh well, I’ll see how it goes
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13268 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
Bettercallsoul wrote: The offer is extended until October 1, people who did not get the offer so they have ample time to get it
so if u wait till oct.1st, u only need to pay 11months of the 15$ monthly bank SNL fee right? damn i should have waited
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1883 posts
1410 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: so if u wait till oct.1st, u only need to pay 11months of the 15$ monthly bank SNL fee right? damn i should have waited
So far, the terms and conditions still reflect account has to remain open until sept 27, 2019 - that date has not changed. Anyone think the sept 27, 2019 date might change as they extend the promo another month?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11398 posts
1409 upvotes
, I made a tangerine PAD and set it monthly recurring and was waiting on a Sept internet service PAD, but I made a second tangerine PAD from the same account just to move some money and it triggered the iPad Offer. Now I'm wondering if I have to automate this second tangerine PAD monthly?

Edit...just figured out I sent one to chequing and one to savings and I guess they count since they are different accounts as far as RBC is concerned. I'll automate that one too just in case.
Last edited by slowtyper on Aug 30th, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1763 posts
552 upvotes
why is my stupid mortgage payment not being withdrawn yet!! i want my offer e-mail!! rant rant rant lol
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11398 posts
1409 upvotes
I also don't see the engraving options some in this thread have. Anyone know how to find it?
Dec 24, 2011
382 posts
660 upvotes
East, Canada
Any suggestions for a second PAD? I set up a pap from Tangerine, but my PayPal will not link to my RBC (I’ve called PayPal three times already about this, and giving up on PayPal).

I don’t want to switch my phone bill. Any other ideas for a low cost recurring PAD?
Aug 25, 2012
928 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
trendycadety wrote: Oh sh!t, I just ordered silver Last night :(, I actually chose it because I heard it shipped faster than gold and space grey. Oh well, I’ll see how it goes
I finally got the tracking email. It took 14 days. And according to the tracking email I should get the iPad on Thursday.
So qualified on the 15th, got the tracking email on the 29th and will hopefully receive the iPad on the 6th.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1763 posts
552 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Any suggestions for a second PAD? I set up a pap from Tangerine, but my PayPal will not link to my RBC (I’ve called PayPal three times already about this, and giving up on PayPal).

I don’t want to switch my phone bill. Any other ideas for a low cost recurring PAD?
You could try paying a small amount on a cellphone bill for this month and then buy yourself another month :P.
Btw someone above also said that they did two tangerine PADs but one to chequing and one to savings and that they were considered as 2 pads by rbc. This could be ymmv but you can still try.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11398 posts
1409 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Any suggestions for a second PAD? I set up a pap from Tangerine, but my PayPal will not link to my RBC (I’ve called PayPal three times already about this, and giving up on PayPal).

I did two from tangerine, one to chequing and one to savings. They both worked.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11398 posts
1409 upvotes

you can also set up your credit card to pay the minimum balance. Then just pay the rest of your bill normally.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
1379 posts
293 upvotes
ORLEANS
How long do I need to keep the bank account active before I can get the iPad without incurring any other fees?
Sep 12, 2009
57 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
BoredAtWork wrote: Just did it

Pro rated SNL fee for rest of Aug 25-31
Must keep open till Sept 29 2019 (can close account on Sept 30) so only a little over 13 months of fee
Got an infinite Avion with 30k points and FYF

The 30k Avion points is only if you open new account and credit card together, otherwise you get the 15/25k states from website (was 25k a while ago and then dropped to 15k)

The advisor that did this for me also showed the same flyer the OP had in the initial post that showed the 30k points and FYF

I was told that i got the 30k + first year wavied. But I dont remember in order to get the 30k, do i need to spend 1k or 3k in the first few months, or they just give it to me after activation.
any one know?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13268 posts
3636 upvotes
Scarberia
slowtyper wrote: you can also set up your credit card to pay the minimum balance. Then just pay the rest of your bill normally.
can u do this via rbc online or u gotta go in bank irl and setup a 'standing' instructions. tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11398 posts
1409 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: can u do this via rbc online or u gotta go in bank irl and setup a 'standing' instructions. tia
You do it through your credit card so check with your cards website.
Dec 24, 2011
382 posts
660 upvotes
East, Canada
slowtyper wrote: I did two from tangerine, one to chequing and one to savings. They both worked.
Don’t you mean two transactions to Tangerine? I thought the PAD is meant to be a transaction from your RBC into another account, ie Tangerine.

I’ll try another tangerine if this works.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11398 posts
1409 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Don’t you mean two transactions to Tangerine? I thought the PAD is meant to be a transaction from your RBC into another account, ie Tangerine.

I’ll try another tangerine if this works.
Yes I meant from RBC to tangerine (savings) and RBC to tangerine (chequing).
Dec 24, 2011
382 posts
660 upvotes
East, Canada
slowtyper wrote: Yes I meant from RBC to tangerine (savings) and RBC to tangerine (chequing).
Cool, thanks, I’ll give that a try.