This worked perfectly - just closed my account now! Next fee was supposed to come out on the 17th but the rep just told me to transfer out my entire balance, didn't get charged any prorated fee.jeeva86 wrote: ↑ Just closed my account, here are my steps(iOS):
1. Open mobile app
2. Click on more tab
3. Contact us
4. Call now
5. Your bank accounts
6. A number to call, along with a unique extension code is generated, hit call
7. You’ll get someone on the line fairly quickly with access to your account already
8. Tell them you want to close your chequing account
9. They will verify more personal info and come back with a prorated amount to leave in the account for the monthly fee.
10. I emt’ed the rest out while they were on the phone
11. They submitted the cancellation request
12. It can take up to 2 business days to process but your card and account cannot be used immediately.
No questions asked, smooth process!
- Feb 3, 2014
- 81 posts
- 61 upvotes
- Sr. Member
- Sep 25, 2004
- 894 posts
- 381 upvotes
I also closed my account through online messaging. I transferred all money out, then contacted them. They responded by telling me to make sure I had a $0 balance (which I already did and told them...), and I replied back advising I printed all documents and had a $0 balance. The account was then set to close, and they told me it would take 3 business days. No additional prorated fee. Total cost for me was $180.84 for the iPad with 11 full months and a partial month. Since I was buying one for my son for Christmas anyway, it was worth it.
There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)