Expired Hot Deals

[Royal Bank] RBC Rewards Save 30% on travel gift cards

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2020 1:01 pm
[OP]
May 19, 2017
328 posts
186 upvotes
mp3sn wrote: Hi, are any of these hotel gift cards digital or are they all physical gift cards that they mail out? I need to book something in the next couple of days so if they mail physical GC then it will not make it on time for me.
They send a physical card. I ordered hotels.com GCs on Aug 12th and I received them today (took 3 days) in Toronto. From Canada Post’s tracking, it’s originated from Montreal if that helps.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3712 posts
513 upvotes
markunin wrote: It's pretty easy to combine cards. I did it last time, too.
https://hotels.jigsawbusinesssolutions.com/ca/en-ca
Just got my cards today. Pretty fast.

Tried to use this site, but coulnd't get it work. it pulls the correct amount and gives me the option to merge, but after clicking the "merge" button it doesn't seem to do anything. Did you use a specific browser?

Thx.
Aug 20, 2015
68 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mint wrote: Just got my cards today. Pretty fast.

Tried to use this site, but coulnd't get it work. it pulls the correct amount and gives me the option to merge, but after clicking the "merge" button it doesn't seem to do anything. Did you use a specific browser?

Thx.
It was Chrome. Haven't tried it this time.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1157 posts
233 upvotes
Edmonton
Thx OP. In for $500 of Hotels cards...
Dec 8, 2010
617 posts
254 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Mint wrote:
Just got my cards today. Pretty fast.

Thx.
markunin wrote: It's pretty easy to combine cards. I did it last time, too.
https://hotels.jigsawbusinesssolutions.com/ca/en-ca
@markunin, how did you merge? The same thing happened to me. The error message is "Sorry we were not able to transfer your balances." I think the online tool to merge is broken. The tool works to display balance only.
Aug 20, 2015
68 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
luck4u2u wrote: @markunin, how did you merge? The same thing happened to me. The error message is "Sorry we were not able to transfer your balances." I think the online tool to merge is broken. The tool works to display balance only.
It worked for me last year with no hiccups. Haven't tried to use it this year. Try contacting Hotels.com?
Jan 7, 2019
36 posts
29 upvotes
markunin wrote: It worked for me last year with no hiccups. Haven't tried to use it this year. Try contacting Hotels.com?
there doesn't seem to be a way to connect with anyone without having an active itinerary.... has anyone had any luck connecting with someone to combine the gift cards since their site seems to not work?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4677 posts
1672 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ordered GC (2x Hotel.com, 2 x Fairmont) on Aug 17th... still no sign of them, last time they came within a week... anyone get theirs already?
Jan 15, 2011
202 posts
388 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah I got mine in 5 business days. Asked hotels.com to merge them through email since their tool doesn't work.
[OP]
May 19, 2017
328 posts
186 upvotes
Updated the expiry date as it got extended to Sep 10th.
[OP]
May 19, 2017
328 posts
186 upvotes
colonelsmoke wrote: Yeah I got mine in 5 business days. Asked hotels.com to merge them through email since their tool doesn't work.
Did they reply and complete your merge request?
Aug 20, 2015
68 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Update on the merge. I couldn't do it online this time, but calling 1-888-999-4468 solved the problem.
Nov 30, 2015
163 posts
130 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Thanks for this. I discovered the thread last night at 11:59 when I was looking for hotel deals. I figured I had missed it but tried to login and check anyways and it was still active. I exchanged the points for a $250 hotels card at about 5 after.

Probably was still active on the site even after the cutoff for the benefit of those on the west coast, so I probably had another couple of hours. Glad I got one anyways!
May 13, 2007
465 posts
224 upvotes
British Columbia
canuckcolehead wrote: Ordered GC (2x Hotel.com, 2 x Fairmont) on Aug 17th... still no sign of them, last time they came within a week... anyone get theirs already?
I still haven’t received mine either as of Sept 10. Ordered Aug 22.

Did you get yours finally?