Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

RBC Visa Infinite Avion 25,000 Bonus Points & First Year Free (New Link)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2018 8:56 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8520 posts
6262 upvotes
is it expired? link doesn't work anymore
Jun 28, 2018
215 posts
115 upvotes
Sorry, we looked but couldn't find that page
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Redeem for financial products sale is still on - Home credit line, open line of credit etc ...

Finally decided it made sense to use this through open line of credit -- $250 currently = 25,000

Called them and applied and was approved for RBC credit line ( min. $5,000)

asked all needed questions etc ... called and redeemed my 25,000 points for $250 voucher.

Voucher will arrive in the mail in few weeks .. and at that point will make an appointment with RBC .. will come in with needed details (my income, bank statement etc) .. and finalize opening this Credit line.

Then while I am there will withdraw $250 from my credit line ... and immediately will give them $250 back via voucher (that I'll have in my pocket).

Final result ... ----> $250 cash will be in my pocket .. and I will owe my credit line an interest on $250 for one day (currently roughly 10% / year or so) ... the girl / rep told me it should be something like $0.07 cents that I'll owe in interest ... and I am Okay with it :)

Done.

Then in a month or two will cancel the Avion visa card.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
Darkman wrote: Redeem for financial products sale is still on - Home credit line, open line of credit etc ...

Finally decided it made sense to use this through open line of credit -- $250 currently = 25,000

asked all needed questions etc ... called and redeemed my 25,000 points for $250 voucher.

Voucher will arrive in the mail in few weeks .. and at that point will make an appointment with RBC .. will come in with needed details (my income, bank statement etc) .. and finalize opening this Credit line.

Then while I am there will withdraw $250 from my credit line ... and immediately will give them $250 back via voucher (that I'll have in my pocket).

Final result ... ----> $250 cash will be in my pocket .. and I will owe my credit line an interest on $250 for one day (currently roughly 10% / year or so) ... the girl / rep told me it should be something like $0.07 cents that I'll owe in interest ... and I am Okay with it :)

Done.

so you'll get another credit hit
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
^ ^ ... I don't care! :)

Why should I care? ... It never hurt me ever ... and I am totally mortgage / loan / debt free :)
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
Darkman wrote: ^ ^ ... I don't care! :)

Why should I care? ... It never hurt me ever ... and I am totally mortgage / loan / debt free :)
just saying...if i am going to get a credit hit, i better get something better for it.....like some other cc credit card bonus.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8520 posts
6262 upvotes
Darkman wrote: Redeem for financial products sale is still on - Home credit line, open line of credit etc ...

Done.

Thanks for this trick. I am currently offered pre-approve LOC for $10K at 8.99% I think. I was about to ignore it. Now I saw your post, I could take the offer, took $250 out and redeem $250 from my 25000 points. Heck, I should get my wife to apply for the card too and we will get $500 out of this. Since we are not eligible for iPAD offer
Mar 18, 2017
32 posts
14 upvotes
Anyone know if RBC offers any sort of referral bonus if you refer friends to apply for this card?
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote: just saying...if i am going to get a credit hit, i better get something better for it.....like some other cc credit card bonus.
50 bucks (extra) is 50 bucks (extra) ... And i don't mind credit hit ... they can hit me all day long ... I don't care... I am unique, maybe, lol :D
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3019 upvotes
Toronto
Darkman wrote: ^ ^ ... I don't care! :)

Yeah many here on our RFD are quite established. Credit hits mean nothing if you don't plan on borrowing money in the foreseeable future.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3812 posts
4200 upvotes
Mordor
blindemboss wrote: Yeah many here on our RFD are quite established. Credit hits mean nothing if you don't plan on borrowing money in the foreseeable future.
yes, but i am just saying, if you are going to a credit hit, might as well get another credit card for the bonus for free....like the td infinite first class, mbna rewards, etc.
Dec 17, 2014
801 posts
386 upvotes
blindemboss wrote: Yeah many here on our RFD are quite established. Credit hits mean nothing if you don't plan on borrowing money in the foreseeable future.
Is 1-2 years considered foreseeable future??
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
3638 posts
3019 upvotes
Toronto
EdisonL299 wrote:
- No confirmed expiry date. Rep said it was for the summer 2018.
For that Rep, I guess summer officially ends in early July. :)

edit: a few posts up, does get you to the offer.
Jun 18, 2003
764 posts
76 upvotes
Off topic, is there visa infinite without annual fee, in Canada or US? There are a few free world elite MasterCard though...
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote: yes, but i am just saying, if you are going to a credit hit, might as well get another credit card for the bonus for free....like the td infinite first class, mbna rewards, etc.
And I still can ... Who's stopping me ... get "another" credit card(s) all the time (whenever is wanted or needed) ... never a problem.

So they can hit me all they want ... Read the post above your post ... if one is no planning to borrow any money ( ever, in my case, in the future ... the way I see it :) ) any longer ... one doesn't really care if they hit them or not. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
2388 posts
2200 upvotes
BiGD33nS wrote:
Why the hell they hit hard your credit bureau when you open a chequing account?
fsilva wrote:
Great question, I brought it up at the branch. They could have done a soft check just to verify my ID and do their AML.
Apparently the account application "clearly states" that they will do a full credit check - I did not see it though, not sure when "clearly" started meaning "hidden in the fineprint".
Spoke with someone who works at one of the big 5 on chequing accounts + the branch rep at CIBC when I opened my account with them, they do a hard check to determine your withdrawal limits and holds, say for when you deposit a cheque. Because effectively they are 'lending' you money when you deposit a cheque and have X amount available right away for use. You definitely get hit when applying for ODP since that is a lending product.

I don't like the reason for it, but regardless of how I feel (or anyone else feels) about it... that is why they do it. CIBC has an option to give you default limits if you decline the check (but if you want to apply for ODP, you definitely will get hit) - I was told most banks should give you that option too (and they should be upfront and tell you that you're getting hard pulled) but ... well obviously most don't.

@EdisonL299 your link is broken now.... did the terms say you have to be a new applicant? Or can I product switch into it from a no-fee RBC Rewards card?
May 16, 2017
406 posts
214 upvotes
they had this same deal 5 months ago...dont feel to bad if u miss out, they'll have it again
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Thanks for this trick. I am currently offered pre-approve LOC for $10K at 8.99% I think. I was about to ignore it. Now I saw your post, I could take the offer, took $250 out and redeem $250 from my 25000 points. Heck, I should get my wife to apply for the card too and we will get $500 out of this. Since we are not eligible for iPAD offer
Got my $250 voucher earlier today (so quick!) ...

Have an appointment with RBC for tomorrow .. to sign / finalize Credit Line application ... and then use the $250 voucher :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)