Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

RBC Visa Infinite Avion sign up offer: 25,000 bonus points and first year free!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2019 2:01 pm
Dec 13, 2014
118 posts
78 upvotes
Niagara Region
Re: eligibility

My understanding:
According to terms and conditions of the offer, existing cardholders of the following cards (regardless if they apply for a new card, or if they want to switch) are excluded:
RBC Visa Infinite Avion or
Visa Platinum Avion,
Cathay Pacific‡ Visa Platinum,
British Airways‡ Visa Infinite,
RBC Rewards Visa Preferred,
RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and
RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders.

Therefore, existing cardholders of the following cards, not enumerated in the above list, are supposedly NOT excluded:
RBC Rewards+ Visa
RBC Cash Back Mastercard
RBC Visa Classic Low Rate Option
WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard
RBC U.S. Dollar Visa Gold
WestJet RBC Mastercard
Signature RBC Rewards Visa
RBC Cash Back Preferred World Elite Mastercard
RBC RateAdvantage Visa
RBC Visa Platinum (the plain one)
and business line of cards.

Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7026 upvotes
Gatineau
Thanks everyone for their replies concerning Eligibility. I guess this makes it clear.

djino
uuuu7777 wrote: Re: eligibility

My understanding:
According to terms and conditions of the offer, existing cardholders of the following cards (regardless if they apply for a new card, or if they want to switch) are excluded:
RBC Visa Infinite Avion or
Visa Platinum Avion,
Cathay Pacific‡ Visa Platinum,
British Airways‡ Visa Infinite,
RBC Rewards Visa Preferred,
RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege and
RBC Avion Visa Infinite Privilege for Private Banking cardholders.

Therefore, existing cardholders of the following cards, not enumerated in the above list, are supposedly NOT excluded:
RBC Rewards+ Visa
RBC Cash Back Mastercard
RBC Visa Classic Low Rate Option
WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard
RBC U.S. Dollar Visa Gold
WestJet RBC Mastercard
Signature RBC Rewards Visa
RBC Cash Back Preferred World Elite Mastercard
RBC RateAdvantage Visa
RBC Visa Platinum (the plain one)
and business line of cards.

Nov 2, 2016
78 posts
41 upvotes
Slightly OT, for non RBC clients do you have to go into RBC to verify ID and pick up the card? Nearest RBC is like 45min drive for me Confused Face
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1130 posts
513 upvotes
Ehulk101 wrote: Slightly OT, for non RBC clients do you have to go into RBC to verify ID and pick up the card? Nearest RBC is like 45min drive for me Confused Face
When we applied we got an email saying we may need to go to the bank to pick up our cards. We do have RBC accounts, but we applied without logging into RBC account. So not sure if I need to go in still. My spouse did get an approval email yesterday saying it would be arriving in 7 to 10 days. I didn't get an email yet though.
May 29, 2007
248 posts
17 upvotes
i just signed up for the card. Where can I find my refferral link so i can refer a family member?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13461 posts
4619 upvotes
GTA
rxanderq wrote: i just signed up for the card. Where can I find my refferral link so i can refer a family member?
Is there a referral bonus?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 31, 2009
404 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
rxanderq wrote: i just signed up for the card. Where can I find my refferral link so i can refer a family member?
RBC doesn't do referrals.
Oct 12, 2016
314 posts
81 upvotes
Does anyone know if RBC is offering the same promotion on Business Visa Avion?
Dec 23, 2012
336 posts
215 upvotes
Vancouver
I was able to convert the RBC Rewards+ Visa to the Avion Infinite 25,000 bonus offer with FYF. The agent had to apply the extra 10,000 points to the account as transferring to a new Avion card would only incur the 15K welcome bonus offer. I called the RBC rewards line as my intention was to see if I could transfer the points from the RBC Rewards+ Visa to the Avion Infinite after I applied online.

By doing it this way I avoided a credit hit!
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3496 posts
2142 upvotes
Etobicoke
nigeldell1 wrote: I was able to convert the RBC Rewards+ Visa to the Avion Infinite 25,000 bonus offer with FYF. The agent had to apply the extra 10,000 points to the account as transferring to a new Avion card would only incur the 15K welcome bonus offer. I called the RBC rewards line as my intention was to see if I could transfer the points from the RBC Rewards+ Visa to the Avion Infinite after I applied online.

By doing it this way I avoided a credit hit!
You are very lucky. They were not allowing it. I called them.last week and i was told that if i transfer, it will be only 15000 points and will have to pay $120 fee. So i applied for a new card and approved.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
specialoffers wrote: You are very lucky. They were not allowing it. I called them.last week and i was told that if i transfer, it will be only 15000 points and will have to pay $120 fee. So i applied for a new card and approved.

You needed to stick to your guns. if you read the terms, you were actually eligible (as long as you didn't have one of the excluded cards). If I were you, I'd call back to get more points applied to make up for the hassle. You now have a closed card on your history, when you did not need it!
Sep 16, 2010
996 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
migx wrote: How can this be a targeted offer when everybody can click the rewardscanada link on their website. Is this coming from one of the RBC CSRs? They are in 90% of cases useless.
After applying using the correct link, I also called in to confirm the 25K and FYF. The rep still insisted that it was a targeted offer and I had to be able to find the offer on their official site by browsing through royalbank.com. Anyways, will see what happens when I get my card.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3036 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
fortune88 wrote: Applied via OP's link, logged in using my account, was approved instantly. Logged in today and the Visa Infinite Avion account was added to my RBC account and waiting to be activated.

When I clicked Options-Features and Benefits, I only saw "Start Flying with 15,000 Welcome Points". Did everyone see the same? I assume that's just a standard language without the current promo.
This is about redemption.

"Consistent redemptions without surprises — Choose air travel rewards from the Air Travel Redemption Schedule (opens new window) Expand - specialized concierge services with flights starting as low as 15,000 RBC Rewards points for a short-haul flight worth up to $350."
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3036 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
Bessem wrote: the card shows in my online with 0 credits, called rbc to got the confirmation regarding the 25k points and the first year free.
How did the CSR confirm that?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
Can you use these points on expedia or other discount sites??
To the moon
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
MrBigNose wrote: How did the CSR confirm that?
yes he confirmed that the reward points will be added on the next billing date.
fees are also waived,
conversation recorded , thanks to the application : call recorder
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
3496 posts
2142 upvotes
Etobicoke
neverhaveiever wrote: You needed to stick to your guns. if you read the terms, you were actually eligible (as long as you didn't have one of the excluded cards). If I were you, I'd call back to get more points applied to make up for the hassle. You now have a closed card on your history, when you did not need it!
They said, i can get this card, but willl only get 15000 points and fyf is not applied,

25000 points and fyf is for new applications only
Oct 31, 2009
404 posts
156 upvotes
Vancouver
torspiker wrote: After applying using the correct link, I also called in to confirm the 25K and FYF. The rep still insisted that it was a targeted offer and I had to be able to find the offer on their official site by browsing through royalbank.com. Anyways, will see what happens when I get my card.
This CSR is full of it. I never understood how the biggest bank in Canada would have the worst, often clueless, CSRs. I called RBC regarding my Westjet MC and the companion voucher. Westjet said I should get it within 1-2 weeks after the annual fee is posted, but they don't know for sure and I needed to confirm with RBC as it is released from RBC to Westjet. I called RBC 3x times in total and got a different answer every time; turned out all RBC's answers were wrong. The third CSR had lots of attitude and was the most wrong... It's pathetic.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1501 upvotes
Montreal
specialoffers wrote: They said, i can get this card, but willl only get 15000 points and fyf is not applied,

25000 points and fyf is for new applications only
Perhaps I was not clear. The rep you spoke to was wrong. You don't need a new application unless you had a card that did not qualify. Now, maybe I missed it but you did not mention what card you had originally...
Feb 25, 2012
143 posts
5 upvotes
Austin
So between this and the TD First Class Visa Infinite (similar promo offers) - what would you guys pick?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)