Expired Hot Deals

[Royal Bank] Warm - Get 20% More Value For RBC Rewards Points at RBC Direct Investing

[OP]
Apr 25, 2011
24 posts
5 upvotes
YVR

[Royal Bank] Warm - Get 20% More Value For RBC Rewards Points at RBC Direct Investing

similar as the last one. royal-bank-rbc-financial-rewards-save-2 ... #p30495533
Ratio is 10,000 points = $100
also right now:
$9.95 CDN trade commission is 995 RBC Rewards points
9 replies
Oct 17, 2009
596 posts
994 upvotes
Altera wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 4:41 pm
Irrelevant to the discussion. One can buy RBC mutual funds for no commission and add free cash using their points to the account.
I think it's pretty relevant. I just switched over to Wealthsimple from RBC. RBC likes to promote the fact that you can use your points to pay for stock purchases. Well, Wealthsimple does them for free. Free is better.
Since I cleared the 100k mark at Wealthsimple, I also get free access to lounges in Airports around the world. That's also pretty nice.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2016
1307 posts
932 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
MikoWilson wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 5:26 pm
I think it's pretty relevant. I just switched over to Wealthsimple from RBC. RBC likes to promote the fact that you can use your points to pay for stock purchases. Well, Wealthsimple does them for free. Free is better.
Since I cleared the 100k mark at Wealthsimple, I also get free access to lounges in Airports around the world. That's also pretty nice.
Aren’t you special flexing your 100k+ in investments with wealthsimple.
Oct 17, 2009
596 posts
994 upvotes
Altera wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 5:35 pm
Aren’t you special flexing your 100k+ in investments with wealthsimple.
That would be one SAD flex for a 33 year old, if it was one. I should have double that by now. Now, let's talk about irrelevant comments ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1923 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
MikoWilson wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 5:26 pm
Wait a second here.

What other benefits do you get from wealth simple, can you buy individual stocks at wealth simple or do they just sell indexes/mutual funds?
Oct 17, 2009
596 posts
994 upvotes
jellytime wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 6:01 pm
Wait a second here.

What other benefits do you get from wealth simple, can you buy individual stocks at wealth simple or do they just sell indexes/mutual funds?
They have incredibly cheap ETFs (they SAY they are aiming for free within a year or two, now they hover around .05% and stock trading is free. Savings account gives you 2%)
And yes, individual stock trading is free. RBC can stick their 10 dollar charges up their butts.
It's depressing, I was a customer at RBC for almost 20 years, and they couldn't care less that I was leaving. That bank doesn't do anything for it's loyal customers beyond politely tell them to go away.

But yeah, to make this more RELEVANT to the topic at hand, it's cool that RBC is giving you 20$ more for your points, especially since they vacuum those points up on fees they shouldn't have.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1923 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
MikoWilson wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 6:16 pm
They have incredibly cheap ETFs (they SAY they are aiming for free within a year or two, now they hover around .05% and stock trading is free. Savings account gives you 2%)
And yes, individual stock trading is free. RBC can stick their 10 dollar charges up their butts.
It's depressing, I was a customer at RBC for almost 20 years, and they couldn't care less that I was leaving. That bank doesn't do anything for it's loyal customers beyond politely tell them to go away.

But yeah, to make this more RELEVANT to the topic at hand, it's cool that RBC is giving you 20$ more for your points, especially since they vacuum those points up on fees they shouldn't have.
Wow, I am looking more into wealth simple because of your comment. Thanks. Too bad their trading platform isn't open to everyone yet.
The free priority pass for $100k invested is a nice perk too.

Thanks!
Oct 17, 2009
596 posts
994 upvotes
No problem dude! Helping each other out here save money is what RFD is all about, despite what others like to say.

Pretty sure it's open to everyone now. If not you can ask PM someone for an invite, but I'm fairly sure it's open.