Expired Hot Deals

[Royal Bank] Westjet RBC Mastercard - Get double rewards on select purchases (WE only?)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2020 3:03 pm
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
159 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Royal Bank] Westjet RBC Mastercard - Get double rewards on select purchases (WE only?)

Got this email from RBC / Westjet as a RBC Westjet WE Mastercard owner, but can't find a thread in RFD.

Save for flights, cash in your bonus or donate it to Food Banks Canada.
We understand that your priorities may have shifted in recent weeks, so we’ve teamed up with RBC and Mastercard to better reward you on everyday essential purchases.

Register for this offer and receive 2x earn rate on purchases at eligible grocery stores and restaurants when you pay with your WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard - that is 3% on spend on purchases* between June 30 – August 31, 2020.

Select how you’d like to receive your extra rewards; whether you’re saving for future travel on WestJet, covering expenses, or helping to support your community, we have an option for you below.
Retain the 1.5% bonus as WestJet dollars and use it towards future travel with WestJet (Remember - WestJet dollars don’t expire!)
Receive the 1.5% bonus as a statement credit on your upcoming credit card statement(s)
Donate the 1.5% bonus to Food Banks Canada and help provide support to food banks from coast to coast to coast.

https://westjetrbcmc-offer.com/?j_cid=e ... 0630_10618
36 replies
Sep 26, 2006
90 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Got this as well. Website super slow, haven't been able to register yet.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
159 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jambo87 wrote: Got this as well. Website super slow, haven't been able to register yet.
Website was a bit buggy for me, too, but I think I did it successfully.
No confirmation of anything (email, nothing) - but when I retyped my card # and Westjet membership #, I get a message saying it's been registered - so I take it as a confirmation.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5687 posts
4790 upvotes
Interesting but I personally don't find any use if this card aside for churning and fee baggage, 3% on grocery and restaurant isn't too lucrative compared to lots of other cards.
Oct 27, 2009
439 posts
283 upvotes
Hamilton
Said not a valid credit card number when I entered my info, even though is a valid card.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
159 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
stimy wrote: Said not a valid credit card number when I entered my info, even though is a valid card.
Is yours the WE or regular?
Nov 14, 2003
340 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
** deleted ** just got the email, looks legit
Last edited by Cnsultnt on Jun 30th, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5687 posts
4790 upvotes
Cnsultnt wrote: Domain just registered yesterday? Looks fishy to me.
So you're saying someone hacked the WestJet email account and sent this out to everyone on the list and didn't make it a more lucrative offer/deal?
Nov 17, 2009
90 posts
49 upvotes
St. John's
adaniel wrote: Is yours the WE or regular?
I have the WE and also got the same error about it not being a valid westjet card number.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1186 posts
520 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Gtaphotog wrote: So you're saying someone hacked the WestJet email account and sent this out to everyone on the list and didn't make it a more lucrative offer/deal?
Not only hacked the email account but also phished all of the relevant details to give the unsuspecting email reader their westjet ID, name, balances, etc.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13319 posts
3448 upvotes
GTA
June 30-Aug 31 only..I can't be bothered to pull this one out of the drawer.
Apr 29, 2007
551 posts
252 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I got the email too but the web address looked odd so I didn't click through
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
7610 posts
3102 upvotes
Markham
Someone better call rbc to confirm this is legit offer
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
5687 posts
4790 upvotes
smartie wrote: Someone better call rbc to confirm this is legit offer
Don't you mean call WJ to inform them that someone hacked into their databases to be able to create mediocre offers that was sent to their email list with each persons relevant status levels and WJ ID info 🤦🏻‍♂️