Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Royal Bank

Westjet RBC Mastercard - Get double rewards on select purchases (WE only?)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2020 1:12 pm
Jul 21, 2013
140 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
Bellz92 wrote: FYI, anyone can send an email with a legit address. Just have to change the "sender address" metadata:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_spoofing

Always make sure the link you are clicking is secured (https) and legit (linked to the merchant domain).
The email had details on your WestJet status, rewards ID, qualifying spend, etc. and is formatted exactly how other WestJet emails are.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2019
1032 posts
1768 upvotes
YXE, Sask.
My mom signed up for this offer on her WE card. Can't tell whether or not this is legit after reading others opinions.
Koodo BF 2022 $30 20 GB ($25 for first 5 months!)
Samsung Galaxy A53 owner.
Apr 25, 2011
76 posts
78 upvotes
YVR
Agree looks bit fishy url/domain

No confirmation or anything after submitting.
Also for those who copy and paste and it doesn't work try typing it. Website wants Cc number with spaces it seems.
Aug 31, 2017
111 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary, AB
tilo wrote: Agree looks bit fishy url/domain

No confirmation or anything after submitting.
Also for those who copy and paste and it doesn't work try typing it. Website wants Cc number with spaces it seems.
This. For all the people with the WE saying it's not a valid card, try it again with spaces. Worked for me anyways.
Dec 25, 2007
693 posts
678 upvotes
Vancouver
Got this email and enrolled with the spaces. It seems a bit fishy upon reading this thread though. The whois just seems to show that it's from AWS. The email looks pretty convincing so hopefully it is real.
Aug 9, 2015
487 posts
313 upvotes
Calgary
Signed up the first time without spaces for cc number. Clicked submit and it refreshed to same page with info already entered. Clicked submit again then it said 'that credit card is already enrolled'.

Guess it worked. Good timing since I need to purchase an upright freezer at Costco tomorrow.
But at what cost
Apr 29, 2007
903 posts
611 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kano777 wrote: The email had details on your WestJet status, rewards ID, qualifying spend, etc. and is formatted exactly how other WestJet emails are.
Disgruntled laid off WEstjet employee stealing data. :twisted:

Ok, it's probably legit but good to be cautious when it sends you to an unfamiliar website AND you have to put in your credit card info
Dec 25, 2007
693 posts
678 upvotes
Vancouver
kukayla wrote: Signed up the first time without spaces for cc number. Clicked submit and it refreshed to same page with info already entered. Clicked submit again then it said 'that credit card is already enrolled'.

Guess it worked. Good timing since I need to purchase an upright freezer at Costco tomorrow.
I don't think Costco is on the list :(. I got excited about this as well.

Eligible Merchants
You can earn the Offer on purchases at these eligible grocery merchants in Canada: Real Canadian Super Store, Sobeys, Safeway, Save-on-Foods, Metro, Loblaws, IGA, Food Basics Canada, Fortinos, Freshco, Maxi, No Frills, Provigo, Super C, T & T Supermarket, Walmart, and Zehrs. Purchases at grocery merchants whose primary business is not grocery sales (including wholesale clubs, alcohol retailers, and general merchandise retailers) do not qualify for the Offer in this category.

You can also earn the Offer at eligible restaurants in Canada. Eligible restaurants are classified under Mastercard merchant category codes 5812 and 5814 and includes Boston Pizza, Cactus Club Café, Denny’s, Earls, East Side Mario’s, IHOP, Milestones Grill & Bar, Montana’s Cookhouse, Moxie’s, Nando’s, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Red Robin, St. Hubert, Swiss Chalet, The Keg, White Spot and many fast food outlets: A&W, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Domino’s Pizza, Harvey’s, KFC, Little Caesar’s Pizza, McDonald’s, Panago, Pizza Hut, Pizza Nova, Pizza Pizza, Popeye’s, Starbuck’s, Subway, Tim Horton’s, and Wendy’s. Food delivery orders at eligible restaurants through Uber Eats and DoorDash are eligible. Food delivery orders placed through Skip the Dishes are not eligible. Purchases at restaurant merchants whose primary business is not food sales (including bars, taverns, cocktail lounges, and nightclubs) do not qualify for the Offer in this category. The Offer is not applicable on purchases in other categories. Eligible restaurants may be subject to change and the above list of eligible restaurants is not exhaustive
Jun 30, 2020
1 posts
I called into WestJet to validate if this is for real. They confirmed it is a WestJet offer and since they are working with RBC and Mastercard as partners the website address is different than their usual. It is not a scam and they are working on fixing those error messages. They asked me to try and register again a bit later.
Aug 9, 2015
487 posts
313 upvotes
Calgary
sneek wrote: I don't think Costco is on the list :(. I got excited about this as well.

Eligible Merchants
You can earn the Offer on purchases at these eligible grocery merchants in Canada: Real Canadian Super Store, Sobeys, Safeway, Save-on-Foods, Metro, Loblaws, IGA, Food Basics Canada, Fortinos, Freshco, Maxi, No Frills, Provigo, Super C, T & T Supermarket, Walmart, and Zehrs. Purchases at grocery merchants whose primary business is not grocery sales (including wholesale clubs, alcohol retailers, and general merchandise retailers) do not qualify for the Offer in this category.

You can also earn the Offer at eligible restaurants in Canada. Eligible restaurants are classified under Mastercard merchant category codes 5812 and 5814 and includes Boston Pizza, Cactus Club Café, Denny’s, Earls, East Side Mario’s, IHOP, Milestones Grill & Bar, Montana’s Cookhouse, Moxie’s, Nando’s, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Red Robin, St. Hubert, Swiss Chalet, The Keg, White Spot and many fast food outlets: A&W, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Domino’s Pizza, Harvey’s, KFC, Little Caesar’s Pizza, McDonald’s, Panago, Pizza Hut, Pizza Nova, Pizza Pizza, Popeye’s, Starbuck’s, Subway, Tim Horton’s, and Wendy’s. Food delivery orders at eligible restaurants through Uber Eats and DoorDash are eligible. Food delivery orders placed through Skip the Dishes are not eligible. Purchases at restaurant merchants whose primary business is not food sales (including bars, taverns, cocktail lounges, and nightclubs) do not qualify for the Offer in this category. The Offer is not applicable on purchases in other categories. Eligible restaurants may be subject to change and the above list of eligible restaurants is not exhaustive
Indeed. Forgot all about the 'for select groceries and restaurants part'. Thank you for reminding me lol.
But at what cost
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1882 posts
1320 upvotes
When I received it I thought it looked a bit fishy.

I mean, look at the sign up URL: westjetrbcmc-offer.com.

Sure, they have several details like rewards account # and current westjet dollar amount but that could have been stolen from a data breach.

Also, they already have our CC info, why do they need users to enter this info?

As well, RBC already has a website/app to automatically enroll in various offers. Why not just use the same system for this offer?

And if this is strictly a Westjet offer, why isn't it just offered thru their rewards website? Just seems weird.
Last edited by doctorgonzo on Jul 1st, 2020 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Oct 27, 2009
675 posts
448 upvotes
Hamilton
doctorgonzo wrote: When I received it I thought it looked a bit fishy.

I mean, look at the sign up URL: westjetrbcmc-offer.com.

Sure, they have several details like rewards account # and current westjet dollar amount but that could have been stolen from a data breach.

Also, they already have our CC info, why do they need users to enter this info?

As well, RBC already has a website/app to automatically enroll in various offers. Why not just use the same system for this offer?
All good points but what about name, expiry, security number on the back,wouldn't they want this info if it was a scam?
Oct 27, 2009
675 posts
448 upvotes
Hamilton
Called Westjet, they are running a 1.5% bonus promotion. Still, can't figure or why it didn't work.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1463 posts
711 upvotes
Calgary, AB
stimy wrote: Called Westjet, they are running a 1.5% bonus promotion. Still, can't figure or why it didn't work.
You need to put spaces in like it shows you
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
659 posts
1229 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I chose the 1.5% extra (bonus) statement credit, and the bonus was posted when statement was generated.
Thrillhouse19 wrote: Was able to sign up but needed to add spaces to the cc #.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
659 posts
1229 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Fort McMurray wrote: You need to put spaces in like it shows you
This bonus promo is still ongoing, thread should not be marked as expired.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2015
659 posts
1229 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thrillhouse19 wrote: Was able to sign up but needed to add spaces to the cc #.
Got an email, bonus reward has been extended till Sep 30, 2020.