• Jul 28th, 2020 10:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
14707 posts
19557 upvotes
Vancouver

[Royal Bank] Westjet WE Mastercard Perkopolis offer $400 – $119 AF = $281

I just saw this offer on Perkopolis for the first time, and didn't see it mentioned on RFD

RBC WestJet World Elite Mastercard, $400 WestJet Dollar welcome bonus when you sign up through Perkopolis. You might have access to Perkopolis through your employer, or if you have Canadian Tire Roadside Assistance and/or CTFS Triangle World Elite Mastercard it is included.

Annual fee is $119, so net $281 gain.

Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 10.36.54 AM.png
Last edited by Kiraly on Jul 21st, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
CTFS 🔻 WE cardholders:
1. Grab your roadside assistance membership number
2. Head over to the CT roadside affiliate signup for Perkopolis
3. Input membership number for roadside. Leave out the letters, only include the digits. Then input your email and you're good to go
51 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7628 posts
9051 upvotes
Saw this mentioned on Reddit and RFD a couple of weeks ago, in guessing it was posted in one of the many WJWE threads we have in the CC forums.

Regardless it's still quite a decent offer for those of us that have Perk.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
5087 posts
2592 upvotes
All this time I thought WE meant it had to do with the WE charity.....oops
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2617 posts
1205 upvotes
Only problem Is youre stuck with westjet dollars. I believe they can only be used against the base fare and not taxes. And Who knows if wesjet will still exist when it’s safe to travel again
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2407 posts
862 upvotes
Also keep in mind when you cancel WJ card if you haven't used your companion voucher you will lose it.
Sep 2, 2016
879 posts
589 upvotes
drunkgoat wrote: Only problem Is youre stuck with westjet dollars. I believe they can only be used against the base fare and not taxes. And Who knows if wesjet will still exist when it’s safe to travel again
It is on the base fare.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1455 posts
811 upvotes
Vancouver
drunkgoat wrote: Only problem Is youre stuck with westjet dollars. I believe they can only be used against the base fare and not taxes. And Who knows if wesjet will still exist when it’s safe to travel again
They'll be around. Just expect them to be smaller and not have as many flights. Like AC, they'll cancel unprofitable flights.
Nov 30, 2005
114 posts
53 upvotes
saskatoon
You also get your first checked bag free for the primary card holder and up 8 travel companions. I found this useful and a money saver when travelling with family.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1619 posts
7525 upvotes
400 of pretend currency at the cost of $119 real Canadian dollars. Doesn't seem like a good value at this point in time.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7628 posts
9051 upvotes
coopercold wrote: 400 of pretend currency at the cost of $119 real Canadian dollars. Doesn't seem like a good value at this point in time.
So why are you here?

Do you generally walk into places that you don't want to buy or use their services just to tell everyone you don't want to use it?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1603 posts
678 upvotes
Toronto
sweet deal. I guess i'll wait 2 months and sign up
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4631 posts
5809 upvotes
Squirrel99 wrote: All this time I thought WE meant it had to do with the WE charity.....oops
Ditto. I was about to post a nasty comment before verifying the URL

For those who dont want to jump through hoops to get Perkopolis. The deal on RBC.COM is almost the same. "Get 250 welcome WestJet dollars + for a limited time, earn an additional 100 WestJet dollars when you make your first purchase in the first 3 months"

Cheer, KH
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4631 posts
5809 upvotes
junggoo wrote: How are people finding the approval rate for RBC CCs? I've heard that it's very difficult to receive approvals these days. RBC used to dole out approvals and high limits like nothing.
Can't comment on the approval rate but RBC uses Transunion for credit checks. IMO Transunion is a bit more strict than Equifax in terms of FICO scores.
RBC's goal is to make $$$ so I doubt they will reject anyone who is deemed low risk.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4631 posts
5809 upvotes
Am sure WJ will not cease to exist. But in the unlikelihood they do then am sure RBC will allow WJ card holders to convert their WJ dollars to another card otherwise they would be lining themselves up for a massive headache from angry customers.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2695 posts
1989 upvotes
Calgary
I cancelled my WJ Mastercard a couple weeks ago because there was 0 value during COVID to accumulating WJ dollars, the free bags or the companion fare. I anticipate lots are doing the same, and once COVID starts to improve (2021?), I plan to re-apply under a lucrative welcome offer such as this one. I think we'll be seeing lots of good incentives to sign up for travel cards in the coming months.
Dec 24, 2011
571 posts
1331 upvotes
East, Canada
Zzz. I’m bored of WE MasterCards. Make it a WWE one and I’ll bite. Macho Man MasterCard anyone? Or how bout some Rock Bottom deals Face With Tears Of Joy
Images
  • D0BF327D-0802-4B75-9C61-F2F7D5C18E1F.png
Amex Platinum, Amex Cobalt, Amex Bonvoy and Amex Bonvoy Business card holder
British Airways American Express (UK)
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4631 posts
5809 upvotes
jashik72 wrote: You also get your first checked bag free for the primary card holder and up 8 travel companions. I found this useful and a money saver when travelling with family.
Finally a cardholder w/ experience.
Did you use the companion voucher? Is it worth using the voucher or did you just save a small amount after taxes and fees were applied?

Cheers, KH
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
4631 posts
5809 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Zzz. I’m bored of WE MasterCards. Make it a WWE one and I’ll bite. Macho Man MasterCard anyone? Or how bout some Rock Bottom deals Face With Tears Of Joy
It's now 2020 so If you want pictures of half naked men on your credit card we're cool with it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)