[Royal Caribbean] 60% Off 2nd Guest and Kids Sail Free

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2018 2:01 pm
[OP]
Nov 5, 2014
166 posts
130 upvotes
Ottawa
DANNY33333A wrote: I noticed this sale started a few days ago, but it doesn't seem to make sense. Prior to this sale 2 adults in an inside room was $1633 US, if kids are free they should only pay the taxes of just over $100 each, so for two kids and two adults in an inside room the price should be around $1900US, instead it is coming to $3255US. I actually booked a number of rooms a few months ago on Harmony of the Seas for March 10th and this is what I am comparing too. They had kids sale free then and it was just over $100 in taxes for each kid under 12 years old.
I would definitely not consider myself an expert in cruises, but I have researched prices enough and I agree that Royal Caribbean almost always has a sale going on. A lot of times, the cabin prices go up to offset the sale offered. Also, my experience is that the price of different staterooms also fluctuates quite a bit. You have to constantly be shopping around to compare. This specific sale worked out well for us, but as I stated YMMV.

In our case, booking for 2 adults is just above 2k and with the kids added we just end of paying the taxes/fees ($2500).
[OP]
Nov 5, 2014
166 posts
130 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: How do you stack 60% for the 2nd guest and kids sail for free.
I just tried it and couldn't get the kid sail for free promo added.
Click the kids sail free button on the deals page. It will take you to the search engine for the trips that qualify. There are some blackout dates, etc.
Sep 24, 2008
625 posts
258 upvotes
Oakville
mzfh1211 wrote: May I ask where do you park your car if driving over there?
We did a December cruise on the anthem last year and parked right beside the cruise terminal. Very convenient. No shuttle required...it’s literally right next door.

Just be aware that coming out of NJ in december, you will not have great weather for 1.5days down and 1.5 days back.

Loved the CocoCay private island though. Much better than Labadee.
Jun 25, 2012
147 posts
100 upvotes
Vancouver
vkizzle wrote: How do you stack 60% for the 2nd guest and kids sail for free.
I just tried it and couldn't get the kid sail for free promo added.
I priced out a cruise for Ovation of the seas for May 2. Got the kids sail free discount but not the 60% off second guest. I did get a $99 flash sale discount which wasn't mentioned anywhere until I got to the last page.

Total was ~$4170 which is not bad for 11 days for a family of four.

Strangely, I priced out the same cruise in late Sept and got both kids sail free and 60% off second guest but the total was only a little bit less at $4150. (though there was a bonus of $200 spending credit)
Last edited by bluestreak7 on Nov 4th, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
2523 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga
Just did oasis of the seas and it was fantastic, beaches at nassau, st martin and st thomas were fantastic abd the food on the ship was very good

I went with letting them choose the room to save a few bucks and got stuck in a very small room on the interior but close to the elevators. Apart from the small size the biggest issue was lack of airflow

I didnt do any drink packages, alcohol or otherwise and was generally find with the provided flavored water, lemonade etc.

For booze I bought some locally in Florida to save $ and poured it in rum runner bags you can find on Amazon and saved a ton of money mixing my own drinks with a 12 pack of soda you are able to bring

Internet package was $130 usd for high speed for 7 days so I recommend throwing some things to watch on a portable device and using the low speed internet to stay in touch

If youre driving you can park and stay overnight at nearby hotels for about 140usd and get the shuttle to and from the ship included in the price

service was fantastic everywhere on the ship and wouldn’t hesitate to go so if youre thinking about it go for it.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1311 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
For those driving to NJ during Winter I would suggest getting there a day earlier. There are a few hotels that allows you to park your car on their lot during the duration of the cruise. Look for one that has free b/fast and shuttle to the port.
Feb 24, 2018
28 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
rfdnutz wrote:
We did a December cruise on the anthem last year and parked right beside the cruise terminal. Very convenient. No shuttle required...it’s literally right next door.

Just be aware that coming out of NJ in december, you will not have great weather for 1.5days down and 1.5 days back.

Loved the CocoCay private island though. Much better than Labadee.
My family and I have never driven to NJ before. A bit worry about the weather and traffic, especially during winter. We are debating whether we should fly out to Florida and take the cruise from there OR drive to NJ that could save tons, since we have 7 ppl in total. Thinking Face
Aug 25, 2006
788 posts
183 upvotes
Remember definition of kids = 12 and under...

I'd be more worried about the weather than the traffic. I'm thinking of the same thing (driving in Dec) but going to take NCL (cruise port in Manhattan). If it was up to me, I'd do the RCCL NJ one, but friends picked NCL....

Also remember, winter months, you lose at least 3 days of warm weather, and the ship will be more rockier going out of NYC -- so if you don't get much vacation time...start down south, it's warmer.
Sep 24, 2008
625 posts
258 upvotes
Oakville
mzfh1211 wrote:
My family and I have never driven to NJ before. A bit worry about the weather and traffic, especially during winter. We are debating whether we should fly out to Florida and take the cruise from there OR drive to NJ that could save tons, since we have 7 ppl in total. Thinking Face
As @michiebaby suggested, go a day early in case you hit any storms/accidents. We drove most of the way there from Oakville and spent the night at the Hyatt Place parsippany whippany in NJ. Nicely renovated hotel - with free breakfast. It was pretty reasonably priced too. They also have a Costco there, which we visited in the morning before the cruise. It was about a 45m drive to the cruise terminal from there - however, give yourself lots of time. There was a LOT of traffic at the port. Probably close to an hour once we got to the dock area. The drop off area is very small. Here’s a tip - If you are parking and don’t mind walking with your luggage (it’s right next door), when you are in line, you will see a bunch of cars “cheat” by driving on the lane going the other way. There is a fork in the road close to the terminal - you go right to the drop off and left to the parking. The long lineup is obviously on the right. So you can skip the line and go left.

If you have time and young kids, stop on the way back in Rochester for a night and go to the Strong Museum of Play. It’s great for kids.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1311 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
mzfh1211 wrote: My family and I have never driven to NJ before. A bit worry about the weather and traffic, especially during winter. We are debating whether we should fly out to Florida and take the cruise from there OR drive to NJ that could save tons, since we have 7 ppl in total. Thinking Face
We drove to NJ from Toronto in January this year. Left around 8/9am Saturday morning and arrived around 5/6pm. We lucked out on the weather as it was dry and traffic was flowing. Coming back took a bit more time as there was a snow storm. Driving down saved us a lot of $ compared to flying as it only cost one tank of gas each way. Another benefit of getting to the port a day ahead and staying at a hotel is that you are refreshed and not as worried. Some friends suggested to leave at midnight the day of and drive down but I felt we'd be too tired and didn't want to waste a day sleeping on the cruise just to get rest.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3757 posts
1041 upvotes
The exchange rate that Royal Caribbean is using this week seems a little out of whack - some cruises are showing up as hundreds of dollars cheaper priced in USD - just FYI.
Jan 14, 2010
799 posts
306 upvotes
EL820 wrote: Boo...No sailings from June to Aug.
unless you travelling to alaska why would you want to go in summer?
Mar 7, 2009
478 posts
139 upvotes
Ottawa
what is the promo code for kids sail free? cannot seem to get it work..