Expired Hot Deals

[Royal Caribbean] 60% Off 2nd Guest and Kids Sail Free

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2018 2:01 pm
Sep 1, 2015
48 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Wow $2500!!. I am looking for 3 adults and can't find any price close to what you booked. Can you please share how you booked such as depart date, port etc so I can try search it? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1198 posts
361 upvotes
CorSter wrote: The exchange rate that Royal Caribbean is using this week seems a little out of whack - some cruises are showing up as hundreds of dollars cheaper priced in USD - just FYI.
someone can correct me if im wrong but they do not use real-time exchange rates, they use last qtr end's exchange rate which can be a +/-
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
3762 posts
1045 upvotes
Blehh wrote: someone can correct me if im wrong but they do not use real-time exchange rates, they use last qtr end's exchange rate which can be a +/-
It's definitely not real time but the gap is fairly large at the moment.
Sep 24, 2008
634 posts
274 upvotes
Oakville
CorSter wrote: It's definitely not real time but the gap is fairly large at the moment.
So is it better to book in usd or cad right now?
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13266 posts
7026 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Did the RCCL Bahamian cruise last March Break and it wasn’t hot through the Florida to Bahamas area the whole time. And they skipped porting at their own island because it was too windy for the tender boats, the one where your beach/food is free, lots of people not happy. Apparently they do that a lot until their port has finished construction (no tenders required).

Did the Southern Caribbean Cruise the year before that and it was amazing.

We’ve done the Western Caribbean cruise a couple of times through Disney in Jan, also not very hot. I imagine Eastern Caribbean would be very summery though.

ymmv
Oct 17, 2003
404 posts
33 upvotes
Etobicoke
bluestreak7 wrote: I priced out a cruise for Ovation of the seas for May 2. Got the kids sail free discount but not the 60% off second guest. I did get a $99 flash sale discount which wasn't mentioned anywhere until I got to the last page.

Total was ~$4170 which is not bad for 11 days for a family of four.

Strangely, I priced out the same cruise in late Sept and got both kids sail free and 60% off second guest but the total was only a little bit less at $4150. (though there was a bonus of $200 spending credit)

I was looking for at this cruise is this from Hawaii to Vancouver? I am pretty busy with work at that time.

I just booked a inside room balcony, for 2 adults and 2 kids on allure of the seas for $1900 us. It was weird it never came up when I searched in lowest to highest balcony. Just happened to click and saw the and booked.
Oct 17, 2003
404 posts
33 upvotes
Etobicoke
Blehh wrote: someone can correct me if im wrong but they do not use real-time exchange rates, they use last qtr end's exchange rate which can be a +/-
I think it's totally random, we did a Europe cruise in Sept and I checked price in both cad and us and the exchange was around 1.2.

I checked my recent cruise and it was around 1.3x, I just went with us $
Jun 25, 2012
150 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
GenX wrote: I was looking for at this cruise is this from Hawaii to Vancouver? I am pretty busy with work at that time.
Yes, this is Hawaii to Vancouver on Ovation of the Seas May 2nd.
I just booked a inside room balcony, for 2 adults and 2 kids on allure of the seas for $1900 us. It was weird it never came up when I searched in lowest to highest balcony. Just happened to click and saw the and booked.
Are you meaning to say you didn't see it in the kids sail free promo link?
Its there... If you set the date filter to May 2019 and go to the third page, you'll find it there.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2003
1253 posts
144 upvotes
Vancouver
Costco Travel has the same prices and has a cash card offer too. You need to call in though. prices on the website don't have the kids can sale free offer.
Feb 24, 2018
28 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks @michiebaby for the suggestions. We just booked the one in December. Hopefully the weather is good.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2319 posts
922 upvotes
London
GenX wrote: I think it's totally random, we did a Europe cruise in Sept and I checked price in both cad and us and the exchange was around 1.2.

I checked my recent cruise and it was around 1.3x, I just went with us $
Looking at Apr 6 on independence, the exchange is about the same unfortunately.
Oct 17, 2003
404 posts
33 upvotes
Etobicoke
tickyboy wrote: Looking at Apr 6 on independence, the exchange is about the same unfortunately.
Are you using cruisecompete? What type of room you are you looking at?