Expired Hot Deals

[Royal Caribbean] Cruise Deal - 50% off second guest, kids sail free, up to $300 onboard credit.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2018 12:22 pm
May 29, 2018
9 posts
1 upvote
Faeton wrote:
May 31st, 2018 12:32 am
Try Cruise.com
Mind you they are based in the US and charge USD$,but they have some good extras that you can't get elsewhere (like credits, free gratuities, etc)
Alright! I will give cruise.com a try. Which RCC is best suited for first timers ? (couple, early 30s)
Jan 19, 2007
785 posts
429 upvotes
i6s1 wrote:
May 30th, 2018 11:55 pm
Weird. I didn't have to call. But if you do call Costco, they might be able to get you that price.
Whenever you book a cruise on the RC website you can have it transferred in kind to costco and get the exec bonus and gift card. I've had to do it twice now because the Costco website didn't account for seniors discounts or specific room promos. There's a reservation transfer form online on RCs website that takes a week or two to process.
May 28, 2012
309 posts
183 upvotes
Canada
Predatory wrote:
May 31st, 2018 1:51 am
Alright! I will give cruise.com a try. Which RCC is best suited for first timers ? (couple, early 30s)
Just call costco travel. They had the same promotion but it didn’t show up online for me. When I called in and got the quote it was the same as royal Caribbean. Also I don’t think you get the 2% back, just the Costco cash card.
May 29, 2018
9 posts
1 upvote
dlhntr wrote:
May 31st, 2018 8:22 am
Just call costco travel. They had the same promotion but it didn’t show up online for me. When I called in and got the quote it was the same as royal Caribbean. Also I don’t think you get the 2% back, just the Costco cash card.
Thanks for the advice, but I am NOT a member of costco :(
May 28, 2012
309 posts
183 upvotes
Canada
Predatory wrote:
May 31st, 2018 9:16 am
Thanks for the advice, but I am NOT a member of costco :(
Try cruisecompete.com. You input your itinerary that you want to go on and travel agencies then send you their lowest bids. Usually they throw in big on board credits.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2572 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
Any travel agent can get you the price you see on RCCL website. The only difference is that when Working through an agent they control your booking so changes must be made through them Instead of RCCL. But the upside is they often throw in bonus stuff like gift cards (ie Costco) or on board credit and gift baskets etc. I prefer agent because they will stay on hold on the phone and I don't have to if changes need to be made such as price adjustments.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
17890 posts
2485 upvotes
Langley
dlhntr wrote:
May 31st, 2018 8:22 am
2% back for Exec members is a new thing.

"For Executive Member purchases made directly from Costco Travel departing on or after September 1, 2017, a 2% Reward will be earned and applied after travel is completed."

https://www.costcotravel.ca/Travel-Offe ... r-Benefits
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
1115 posts
307 upvotes
Toronto
I would go with any of the Freedom or Oasis ships, as those are the newest, biggest and feature heavy ships. Don't go for the brand-spanking new one (Symphony of the Seas) as there's a large premium on the newness. I personally would recommend something on the Independence of the Sea, as it just for renovated (w/ lots of cool stuff), it has shorter duration (to try stuff out) and is still reasonably priced.

Another consideration is where the ship sails out of. Fort Lauderdale is the most convenient one as it's literally 10 min from the airport. And if you have specific islands you want to see, there's lots of choices there.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1080 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
How much are flights typically from Toronto to Miami in January?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
17890 posts
2485 upvotes
Langley
Faeton wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 6:50 am

Another consideration is where the ship sails out of. Fort Lauderdale is the most convenient one as it's literally 10 min from the airport.
Sure, but with the new tunnel, Miami airport is only 19 minutes from the cruise terminal.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Miami+I ... 776475!3e0

VS

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fort+La ... 26.0816545
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2572 posts
371 upvotes
Nepean
michiebaby wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 12:21 pm
I typically aim for about 400 roundtrip. I've gotten it as cheap as $325.
May 28, 2012
309 posts
183 upvotes
Canada
michiebaby wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 12:21 pm
You can set an alert with google flights so it will email you when there is a change in prices for the dates that you specify (hopefully a sale price and not a price hike!).
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4383 posts
706 upvotes
dlhntr wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 2:46 pm
You can set an alert with google flights so it will email you when there is a change in prices for the dates that you specify (hopefully a sale price and not a price hike!).
Hopper and skyscanner are both better options IMO, have gotten great deals through them
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1890 posts
928 upvotes
Any thoughts on the best bang for your buck for drinks? The package seems pretty pricey but it's because it includes top shelf drinks - it doesn't look like they have multiple tiers. I'd ideally like something where I can pay less for just basic well drinks, and pay cash when I want to splurge (instead of signing up for a package that has all the premium drinks priced in).