Hot Deals

Royal Ontario Museum

3rd Tuesday Nights FREE + 2 special exhibits (Regular $42, FREE 530 to 830 pm)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2022 8:43 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7325 posts
6031 upvotes

3rd Tuesday Nights FREE + 2 special exhibits (Regular $42, FREE 530 to 830 pm)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Royal Ontario Museum
Debated whether to add this to Freebies or Hot Deals, but I think this qualifies for the latter. The ROM is re-introducing its 3rd Tuesday Nights Free program for April 19, 530 to 830 pm. Limited timed tickets available now for booking.

It's normally $42 altogether for Adult Admission + the 2 special exhibits below:
  • Adult entry admission (access to general galleries... i.e., dinosaurs, gemstones, etc.)
  • Great Whales special exhibit
  • Wizarding World Fantastic Beasts exhibit (in collab with UK's Natural History Museum)

EDIT: April tickets are all gone; May now available. Again limited quantities for each Free evening.

May 2022 EDIT: Check back regularly for new monthly free tickets. (The regular General Admission + 2 special exhibits price fluctuates depending on the latter... i.e., Wizarding Beasts is more premium than Wildlife Photo)

June 2022 EDIT: Per ROM Instastory; July tickets go live on July 5.
Last edited by Madchester on Jun 21st, 2022 5:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
126 replies
Sep 24, 2008
60 posts
62 upvotes
downtown toronto
havent been in prob 25 years, got a couple tickets. thanks op !
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
23791 posts
31623 upvotes
Toronto
If you need a bit more flexibility, free family passes available at select TPL branches

https://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/museum-arts-passes/

Also free every Tuesday for post secondary students

https://www.rom.on.ca/en/visit-us/acces ... ss-network
Last edited by sprung on Apr 13th, 2022 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7325 posts
6031 upvotes
April is "sold out", but May 17 bookings are now available.
Apr 23, 2009
3 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
The museum announced that on the third Tuesday night of each month, admission would be free from 5:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m.

Starting on April 19, the ROM will be extending its hours on the third Tuesday of each month, letting you visit all 40 permanent galleries after the museum's regular hours.

Admission to Third Tuesday Nights Free also includes access to two featured exhibits, Wild Life Photographer of The Year and Great Whales: Up Close and Personal.

These specially ticketed exhibits are usually an add-on to a general admission ticket so if you want to save, make sure to check them out during the free night.

Capacity is limited for the free event so make sure to be quick to book your free ticket as there is timed entry into the museum.

If you happen to be a student and can't find time to visit the museum during Third Tuesday Nights Free, general admission on Tuesdays is free for post-secondary students all day.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7325 posts
6031 upvotes
Leverage wrote: Bit odd to post now when the April & May dates are fully sold out, and June is not yet bookable:

Repost: royal-ontario-museum-3rd-tuesday-nights ... m-2535340/

But also, no June dates because they're closing the Photography exhibit in May and replacing it with the Wizarding World Fantastic Beasts exhibit mid-June. Not sure if they've priced the latter publically yet.
Dec 20, 2005
299 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone wants a ticket for tonight, send me a PM with your email. It includes the whale exhibit.
Sep 24, 2019
418 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP for the heads up. My family and I went last night and enjoyed it!
Images
  • EF32BB43-A1EA-42DF-8581-0AE9F2283127.jpeg
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
7325 posts
6031 upvotes
SohSay wrote: when does June open?
ROM needs to announce the pricing for the Fantastic Beasts exhibit opening in mid-June.

There's no guarantee that it'd be included for Tuesday Night Free, since it seems more premium than the Photography one that's closing end of May.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the ROM including the WInnie the Pooh exhibit for its 3rd Tuesdays, but that could have also been due to the rolling lockdown and social distancing policies in 2020.
Nov 10, 2008
953 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
The ROM should consider introducing an affordable annual pass similar to what the AGO introduced a few years ago.
Dec 5, 2004
266 posts
172 upvotes
GTA
If anyone is still interested, was able to book May 17 today, they may have reopened some spots.
Nov 23, 2021
47 posts
79 upvotes
Stickywire wrote: If anyone is still interested, was able to book May 17 today, they may have reopened some spots.
Thank you, I was just able to book two tickets as well.
Jul 13, 2020
64 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to get tickets for whale and wildlife. But it doesn't include general admission?
I am so confused?!
Dec 5, 2004
266 posts
172 upvotes
GTA
xaviertooth wrote: I was able to get tickets for whale and wildlife. But it doesn't include general admission?
I am so confused?!
Just check your confirmation email, it would say:
# x Adult 3rd Tuesday + Whales + Wildlife $0.00
Mar 5, 2021
277 posts
324 upvotes
Ontario
Please select another date. The date you have selected is full.
God bless Canada and the whole world.
Mar 5, 2021
277 posts
324 upvotes
Ontario
sprung wrote: June will be available for booking soon
Please select another date. The date you have selected is full.
God bless Canada and the whole world.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)