Expired Hot Deals

Sport Chek

RSVP: Back to School Event (Aug 29 or Sept 5, 8-10AM or 10AM-12PM) + $40 Bonus CT Money on $150

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2021 11:39 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
7769 posts
7136 upvotes
Toronto

[Sport Chek] RSVP: Back to School Event (Aug 29 or Sept 5, 8-10AM or 10AM-12PM) + $40 Bonus CT Money on $150

We hope that you will join us for an exciting opportunity to ‘chek’ everything off your Back to School Cheklist at a private, before store hours event on August 29 or September 5.

Enjoy shopping everything you need for Back to School and Back to Sports from all the best brands like Nike, adidas, and Under Armour. Our Service Shop will be open at all locations.

Triangle Members will enjoy a Triangle Exclusive Bonus. Spend $150 (pre-tax) or more & receive $40 Bonus ctm*. Active from 8am – 12pm (local store time). Some exclusions apply.

Additional savings in store.

Thread Summary
So is this going to be similar to vip pricing or do I just get to shop before the store opens?🤪
15 replies
Aug 30, 2014
54 posts
109 upvotes
Markham, ON
Didn't see this posted yet... sport chek is having an exclusive back to school event. Got this in my junk mail so check yours. In store only and rsvp required. Summary as followed

Date - Sunday August 29th OR September 5th (2 DAYS ONLY!!)

Time - 8am - 12pm ONLY

Spent $150 in store only and get $40 CT money on just any anything when you use your triangle reward card.

Co-incidentlly (or not), between August 26th - September 8th, they are having a "big chek event" up to 50% off regular priced item... not sure how good this is... I do not work for sport chek so I don't have more details... just thought someone would benefit from this.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210825-203500_Gmail.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5958 posts
4414 upvotes
Can I buy Powerbeats Pro and take advantage of this deal?
💳 Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
😊 Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4944 posts
1548 upvotes
WIll SpotChek price match? Online to online that is.

Wondering if I should wait for this sale or try to PM with another retailer right now.
Let's hug it out
Mar 23, 2004
45834 posts
11678 upvotes
Markham
Mantisking wrote: Co-incidentlly (or not), between August 26th - September 8th, they are having a "big chek event" up to 50% off regular priced item... not sure how good this is... I do not work for sport chek so I don't have more details... just thought someone would benefit from this.
We see the flyer now, it looks quite terrible.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
7769 posts
7136 upvotes
Toronto
So I just dropped by a store and asked about the event. There are NO additional sales, just the bonus Triangle rewards if you have a card. I'll be skipping this event.
Mar 23, 2004
45834 posts
11678 upvotes
Markham
9394 wrote: So I just dropped by a store and asked about the event. There are NO additional sales, just the bonus Triangle rewards if you have a card. I'll be skipping this event.
yip, it's kinda sad of an excuse to have register for an event with no special things on sale (the chek-event doesnt count as it's week-wide) and just for the $40 bonus ctm, which you have to spend $150 pretax before you can even get it!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5958 posts
4414 upvotes
This sale event is actually really good if you buy electronics. I grabbed the Powerbeats Pro (already on sale 25% off at $247) and I instantly got $41 CT money back. I used SC gift cards to pay and I got them via CF mall card promo (17% off).

To summarize, I paid $189.XX after taxes. Very satisfied on the final price. Now I will be extremely happy when doing personal training. 🥳

Thank you Sport Chek!!!!
💳 Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
😊 Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1609 posts
1155 upvotes
Pickering
9394 wrote: So I just dropped by a store and asked about the event. There are NO additional sales, just the bonus Triangle rewards if you have a card. I'll be skipping this event.

In our internal company memo they say up to 50% off select brand and styles (although it's obviously not specified what those things are). I'll ask around to see what people at my workplace got.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Dec 25, 2018
491 posts
870 upvotes
Anyone get the bonus $40 yet? I purchase Sunday morning still nothing
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1386 posts
639 upvotes
Calgary, AB
stevepoint wrote: Anyone get the bonus $40 yet? I purchase Sunday morning still nothing
I got it, but had to return a couple of things and lost it all. Was only returning $100 out of $400 but the transaction shows reversing the entire purchase including points and then not having the offer on the reposting. 🤬🤬🤬
Mar 8, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
Same thing happened to me. Returned some items and was still over the $150. I had to call triangle rewards and they gave me the $40 back.
Mar 8, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
stevepoint wrote: Anyone get the bonus $40 yet? I purchase Sunday morning still nothing
You should of got it the same day. Look at the bottom of your receipt. Mine was applied to the account pretty much right away.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2939 posts
2228 upvotes
Gimmicky…
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Oct 19, 2011
46 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
I only have the tangerine rewards card… will I get the $40 back?

Or

Does this deal only work with the MasterCard?
Mar 23, 2004
45834 posts
11678 upvotes
Markham
shives10124 wrote: I only have the tangerine rewards card… will I get the $40 back?

Or

Does this deal only work with the MasterCard?
it works with all credit cards as long as you tab your triangle membership card/fob when paying.