Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rumi powered by ATCO

Ask a Home Inspector *FREE $15 off (Alberta Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 8:58 pm
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
195 upvotes
calgary alberta
For any basement Slab crack it's not that serious either. As long as the foundation isn't cracked horizontally then you should be fine.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
195 upvotes
calgary alberta
Has anyone else tried it?
Jun 1, 2021
17 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
I called about a stain on my ceiling that came out of no where. What a great service! I was able to do a video chat and talk to them about what causes stains and how to remove the stain myself. I'm glad I called because it turns out that my attic hatch isn't insulated! Good thing I caught this because the builder certainly didn't!

I'm going to try and find some more questions around the house while this service is still free haha.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
195 upvotes
calgary alberta
Ceiling stains are tricky but that bleach and water solution is easy to remove them.
Jun 1, 2021
17 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
True. I'm going to ask more questions during next weeks session!
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
195 upvotes
calgary alberta
Take advantage of it while it's free haha.
Jun 1, 2021
17 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
I wasn't sure if I could ask about exterior stuff too. I have this retaining wall problem where it looks like its leaning. I'll see what advice I get.
Jun 1, 2021
17 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
I had another session and was told it's going to get extended for free for another month for those using this service!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4480 posts
3393 upvotes
Edmonton
bgrah158 wrote: I just got an email from ATCO Energy about a new offer called Ask a Home Inspector. Essentially you can ask any home question to a professional home inspector for 15 mins. There's an option to have a video or phone call. Pretty slick.

I had a crack in my foundation that I was able to get advice on what I should do. He told me how to seal it myself instead of paying a company to do it. Perfect for the DIY RFD person or it sounds like they have contractors that can help you if it's a serious problem.

I haven't posted much here so I found this to be awesome to get my stupid home questions answered haha. I'm going to book another one next week to ask about my furnace maintenance.
Just ask on RFD. The service is always free and you get multiple opinions.
Jun 1, 2021
17 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
starchoice wrote: Just ask on RFD. The service is always free and you get multiple opinions.
This is true! But it also saves time to have a professional advice vs. Google!
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2514 posts
1846 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
bgrah158 wrote: This was my original question. This was a small crack that's been there for years in my garage.
That’s cosmetic. I wouldn’t even epoxy it.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
195 upvotes
calgary alberta
caltran wrote: That’s cosmetic. I wouldn’t even epoxy it.
Does that go for both your basement and garage? I wouldn't want salt etc to get into the garage floor.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2514 posts
1846 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
bgrah158 wrote: Does that go for both your basement and garage? I wouldn't want salt etc to get into the garage floor.
That crack is very thin.

If you're concerned about salt, then you can paint your floor. There's some good inexpensive stuff now available.
Dec 13, 2014
239 posts
920 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Just had a video appointment today and it was quite informative. Thanks OP!
Jun 1, 2021
17 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
RDodds wrote: Just had a video appointment today and it was quite informative. Thanks OP!
I had another one this week too. Honestly for a free service, it's great. I might even pay for it if it's not free anymore just so that I can get no BS advice.
Jun 1, 2021
17 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
bgrah158 wrote: Does that go for both your basement and garage? I wouldn't want salt etc to get into the garage floor.
I sealed mine myself and the salt eventually made it's way into the epoxy overtime.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
195 upvotes
calgary alberta
MarcusFenix wrote: I had another one this week too. Honestly for a free service, it's great. I might even pay for it if it's not free anymore just so that I can get no BS advice.
I'm going to leave it for the time being and see if it grows. The house is fairly new as well.
Jun 1, 2021
17 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
bgrah158 wrote: I'm going to leave it for the time being and see if it grows. The house is fairly new as well.
You just want to ensure it doesn't get bigger. I bet all concrete eventually cracks.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
168 posts
195 upvotes
calgary alberta
bgrah158 wrote: I'm going to leave it for the time being and see if it grows. The house is fairly new as well.
I noticed my neighbors downspout going into the ground under the driveway. The driveway has a crack on it now so I'm guessing the water is draining underneath it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)