• Aug 27th, 2012 2:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2015 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto

Rumor - UAE Visit Visa for Canadians may be lifted in April

I've read a couple articles that have been speculating that the visa fees for Canadians may be lifted either by the end of this month or in April. This would be due to the relationship improvements that Canada and the UAE have experiencing in the last couple of months.

A few articles that point to this:
http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/am ... and-canada

http://annmariemcqueen.blogspot.ca/sear ... 0relations

Has anyone else heard the same? I'm considering going this year and the timing couldn't be better!
"The beatings will continue until morale improves". :twisted:

"There are those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And finally those who sit and wonder what the 'hell' happened!"
5 replies
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1389 posts
354 upvotes
Ottawa
I too am watching this as there are plans to stop there. at the moment if you stay for less than 96 hrs youre okay but anything over you need a entry visa (that you apply before hand) to the tune of $250 :(
Jan 15, 2008
878 posts
52 upvotes
Oil country
It's now August, did they lift it?? Too many conflicting websites out there.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2015 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
No I haven't heard of any changes yet. I've already gone and ended up paying the $100/pp rate.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves". :twisted:

"There are those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And finally those who sit and wonder what the 'hell' happened!"
Jan 22, 2011
479 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
nope, canadians still need visa to the UAE. Emirates is still restricted with 3 flights to Toronto weekly, and still complaining that they cannot have more(they actually turned down 6 times weekly before they started service as they wanted daily or nothing. Etihad took 3 of the flights so emirates took the other 3 and is crying foul. Anyone who says that they are restricted and should have more flights convienently forgets that they did it to themselves)
Jan 15, 2008
878 posts
52 upvotes
Oil country
My wife accepted a teaching job in Dubai this week. Im still in the dark about visa's and how this all works. We have a 2 year old also. It's unclear what kind of visa I need to find a job while im there. Her school said they will cover visa costs, but suggested she would need to go to Dubai first to get the "stamp" showing she has residency. Then she can sponsor me and our child. Otherwise we'd have to pay for the visas if we all come at once.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)