Automotive

Locked: Run off road by truck driver. no damage, was upset i was in the far right lane not going over 100

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2016 12:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3212 posts
428 upvotes
Mississauga

Run off road by truck driver. no damage, was upset i was in the far right lane not going over 100

I have it on dash cam, I basically got honked at from behind a few times and when i didn't accerate the driver changed lanes to the left lane, got about halfway past my car then entered my lane driving me into the paved shoulder. Had I not partically exited my lane I am 100% confident we would have had a collusion.

What do people do with stuff like this?
  • 45 second mark to 60 second mark I am being honked at from behind with an open lane on the left.
  • 1m 10 second mark a different truck legally passes me without issue on the left
  • 1m 20 second mark your truck enters my lane on purpose after I assume I didn’t get out of his way or speed up fast enough to his liking. I was forced onto the paved shoulder breifly or risked a collison
Last edited by dreaderus on Oct 7th, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Share:
92 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14115 posts
8525 upvotes
Toronto
Post or it didn't happen. Also, go faster if the highway is busy and do the posted maximum which is 100 or 90 will do. If not, get off the highway and find another route, it could end up worse next time.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4633 posts
3169 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Trucks usually have a sign posted saying to report them if dangerous driving. Otherwise, report it to the police if you want. Other than that not much can be done since you have no damage. You could upload it to one of those youtubers who compile bad driving.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3212 posts
428 upvotes
Mississauga
koffey wrote: Post or it didn't happen. Also, go faster if the highway is busy and do the posted maximum which is 100 or 90 will do. If not, get off the highway and find another route, it could end up worse next time.
post or it didnt happen? what nonsense reply is that? lol.

Sorry i don't speed and am in the far right lane lots of options to pass.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19243 posts
3361 upvotes
Toronto
Why didn't you just hit him? You had him on camera driving recklessly and deliberately cutting you off. There's no reason you should be the only one that ends up with a damaged vehicle because of his actions
Last edited by Piro21 on Oct 7th, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14115 posts
8525 upvotes
Toronto
dreaderus wrote:
koffey wrote: Post or it didn't happen. Also, go faster if the highway is busy and do the posted maximum which is 100 or 90 will do. If not, get off the highway and find another route, it could end up worse next time.
post or it didnt happen? what nonsense reply is that? lol.

Sorry i don't speed and am in the far right lane lots of options to pass.
lol, what kind of reply is that?

Why not just post the video and let us judge for ourselves on how bad of a driver you really are instead of pointing blame at someone else?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2536 posts
598 upvotes
Ottawa
He has everyright to run you off the road if you're not going 100kph in a car. Next time do everyone a favour and take the side streets.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12039 posts
1878 upvotes
Word. No video no care
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5588 posts
2793 upvotes
Winnipeg
Most truck drivers if not all are morons.
AtlsNBP wrote: He has everyright to run you off the road if you're not going 100kph in a car. Next time do everyone a favour and take the side streets.
Really? Op said there were other options to pass
  • Zoomer Wireless
  • Public Mobile
  • Simplii
  • Tangerine
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14862 posts
1169 upvotes
Markham
Wpegger wrote: Most truck drivers if not all are morons.
AtlsNBP wrote: He has everyright to run you off the road if you're not going 100kph in a car. Next time do everyone a favour and take the side streets.
Really? Op said there were other options to pass
That's why we're all asking for the video..
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2905 posts
1500 upvotes
Mississauga
Post the dashcam vid so we can assess the situation for you
Apr 2, 2011
520 posts
198 upvotes
Driving a 400 series highway below the posted speed limit is not an option, unless traffic dictates. Be up to speed, or get off. Your lack of maintaining posted speeds puts at risk others on the highway.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19243 posts
3361 upvotes
Toronto
NKode wrote: Driving a 400 series highway below the posted speed limit is not an option, unless traffic dictates. Be up to speed, or get off. Your lack of maintaining posted speeds puts at risk others on the highway.
The right lane is the designated slow lane. There is no other lane to go slower. If someone wants to drive faster they need to use the left lanes or suck it up and follow.
May 5, 2016
425 posts
219 upvotes
Toronto
You must've been going really slow to a point of impeding traffic if a trucker ran you off the road.
Jan 29, 2014
493 posts
537 upvotes
Toronto
If you can't drive at the posted speed limit under normal circumstances, do us all a favour and stop driving.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)