• Dec 26th, 2009 3:45 pm
[OP]
Oct 13, 2008
251 posts
18 upvotes
NORTH YORK

[Running Room] Running Free Boxing Day Special

More offers from Running Room
Starts Sunday, December 27th, online only.
December 27th: 25% off almost everything
December 28-Jan 3: 20% off almost everything

http://www.runningfree.com/default_dec2009.aspx

Running Free is my favorite Canadian store for all things running related...shoes, gear, etc... Great place, and the people there are knowledgeable and helpful. Way better than any Running Room store.
10 replies
Apr 20, 2008
29 posts
Vancouver
thanks! just happen to be looking for running gear
Oct 4, 2007
150 posts
8 upvotes
Ugh, nothing I would wear on there. If you can cross the border ship to a place for 3 bucks just accross the line and order from Eastbay way better deals and they actually have shoes/clothes I would use.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2135 posts
944 upvotes
Super high prices, and I thought runningroom was a ripoff. Good selection though.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1310 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
tx op I might pick up a new polar HRM. so hard to find any deal this side of border.
PM for $125 Code off Peloton Bike
"Life is short, running makes it seem longer."
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Dogs aren't our whole lives......they just make our lives whole.
[OP]
Oct 13, 2008
251 posts
18 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Carl2007 wrote: Ugh, nothing I would wear on there. If you can cross the border ship to a place for 3 bucks just accross the line and order from Eastbay way better deals and they actually have shoes/clothes I would use.
I did say it's my favourite Canadian store.

In the last week I've ordered from Eastbay, RoadRunnerSports and RunningWarehouse...so yeah I'm aware there are some good deals south of the border. But it often cancels out if you have to ship North to Canada.
Sep 10, 2008
452 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
too bad they don't carry Vibram. I would have ordered some on the sale day for sure.
[OP]
Oct 13, 2008
251 posts
18 upvotes
NORTH YORK
stellar11 wrote: too bad they don't carry Vibram. I would have ordered some on the sale day for sure.
Yeah I want to try them too, I take you've also read "Born to Run"? I'm used to flats and spikes and running more on the balls of my feet but it would still take a lot of getting used to. Esp. if your used to heavy trainers.
Sep 10, 2008
452 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
I heard about Vibram from weightlifting applications. I bought a pair in Florida a few weeks ago but have yet to really try them out. They were great for walking around town in (in Florida, not here). They say you are supposed to strike a little below the ball of your foot. I was always used to striking with my heel, so it's going to be a big adjustment for me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)