[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1903 posts
804 upvotes
Calgary

[Running Room] Running Room: 15% Off Coupon

More offers from Running Room
My wife got an email for 15% at the Running Room.
Expires November 29th.

Although the coupon says "cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts" the email says that it can be.

I will post the text later as I don't have the email yet.
Edit: Here is the text of the email regarding the included items:

"Year End 15% OFF Blowout Sale in on until November 29th. Just a reminder that you must bring in the 15% off coupon to take advantage of the current discount on everything except nutrition and electronics. Shoes that are already on sale are still discounted, so it's like saving twice."

Here is the coupon:
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2s0i7tl.png[/IMG]
31 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2009
2003 posts
155 upvotes
The ppl in this club are hardcore....

They spent hundreds of dollars on gps devices...watches...heart rate monitor just for running!!! :eek:
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2008
2740 posts
4561 upvotes
Vancouver
BUFFAR wrote: The ppl in this club are hardcore....

They spent hundreds of dollars on gps devices...watches...heart rate monitor just for running!!! :eek:
vs the golfer who spends $100's on a driver, or the rock climber on a harness, or the fisherman on a reel, or the snowboarder on a board, or the ........

Nothing hardcore about it - each to their own.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2009
2003 posts
155 upvotes
frugal_fanboy wrote: vs the golfer who spends $100's on a driver, or the rock climber on a harness, or the fisherman on a reel, or the snowboarder on a board, or the ........

Nothing hardcore about it - each to their own.
I'm just saying but go run with them and you know what I mean. I met this guy there which spent over $1,000 on his gear at the Coquitlam branch...

I just think that's little too much...I usually just get my arse to the park jog a few round at a pace I'm comfortable with and done. :)
Aug 18, 2006
441 posts
17 upvotes
North Vancouver
Unfortunately, 15% isn't much of a discount. Most footwear in Canada is way overpriced. For eg:

The Nike LunarGlide+ at Sportcheck $150. (a "premium" shoe, so it doesn't qualify for sale discounts)

RRSP in the US $100
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7540195/c/196306.html

I picked them up at soccer.com for $59.99, plus shipping, taxes and duty: Under $90 CDN. And they have a USPS shipping option.
http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage. ... _Id=511934

Also, the colourway shown on soccer.com is wrong, it's actually navy blue trim like the zappos pair shown.
Jun 6, 2004
550 posts
33 upvotes
worldjerseys wrote: Unfortunately, 15% isn't much of a discount. Most footwear in Canada is way overpriced. For eg:
Yep. Bought an Asics Kinetic for USD $80. And I saw that on sales in Running room for $160 from $180 (something like that,… don’t quite remember the number).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1903 posts
804 upvotes
Calgary
The discount isn't a super deal but good for someone in the market.

If you are quoting shoe prices then you should include your shipping, duty, and exchange costs to be fair.

I had checked around and found that it wasn't a great savings ordering from the states for running shoes.....and I order lots of stuff from the states.

I am reluctant to order shoes unless I am they are a model and size that I know will fit.

And if someone does want to venture into a price comparison then you can find me a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus 11's in 10.5 and see what shakes out.
Aug 18, 2006
441 posts
17 upvotes
North Vancouver
Deemo wrote: The discount isn't a super deal but good for someone in the market.

If you are quoting shoe prices then you should include your shipping, duty, and exchange costs to be fair.

I had checked around and found that it wasn't a great savings ordering from the states for running shoes.....and I order lots of stuff from the states.

I am reluctant to order shoes unless I am they are a model and size that I know will fit.

And if someone does want to venture into a price comparison then you can find me a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus 11's in 10.5 and see what shakes out.

See my post above. I saved $60 plus tax after shipping, taxes, duty. You have to do some work, but it's usually worth it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1903 posts
804 upvotes
Calgary
worldjerseys wrote: See my post above. I saved $60 plus tax after shipping, taxes, duty. You have to do some work, but it's usually worth it.
Maybe if you are looking for a closeout or old model or odd size.

Here is the Asics at Zappos for $125 USD
http://www.zappos.com/asics-gel-nimbus- ... liant-blue

I know that shoe is $160-$180 ish at the RR. I will find out this weekend.
So with the discount I don't think that is worth it to order that one from the states.
Aug 18, 2006
441 posts
17 upvotes
North Vancouver
Deemo wrote: And if someone does want to venture into a price comparison then you can find me a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus 11's in 10.5 and see what shakes out.
$140 to $160 shipped from ebay...

http://clothing.shop.ebay.ca/Mens-Shoes ... 86.c0.m282

as opposed to $190 plus tax at Sportcheck

http://www.sportchek.ca/product/index.j ... Id=3798784

I agree about the fit and sizing. It's not worth it unless you are certain.
Aug 18, 2006
441 posts
17 upvotes
North Vancouver
Deemo wrote: Maybe if you are looking for a closeout or old model or odd size.

Here is the Asics at Zappos for $125 USD
http://www.zappos.com/asics-gel-nimbus- ... liant-blue

I know that shoe is $160-$180 ish at the RR. I will find out this weekend.
So with the discount I don't think that is worth it to order that one from the states.
Zappos is crap for shipping to Canada. I belive they DO NOT ship USPS, so it's not worth it. If on the other hand you have a shipping address is the States, then yes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1903 posts
804 upvotes
Calgary
worldjerseys wrote: Zappos is crap for shipping to Canada. I belive they DO NOT ship USPS, so it's not worth it. If on the other hand you have a shipping address is the States, then yes.
That price is independent of shipping - that is just the price of the shoe.

I do have an address in the states and shoes will be probably $15-$20 USD just to ship out of there.

If you can't use the coupon then move along....nothing to see here.
Aug 18, 2006
441 posts
17 upvotes
North Vancouver
Deemo wrote: That price is independent of shipping - that is just the price of the shoe.

I do have an address in the states and shoes will be probably $15-$20 USD just to ship out of there.

If you can't use the coupon then move along....nothing to see here.
:rolleyes: Enjoy your tax-saving event. And when you're out for a run tonight with you RR pack, try to share the path with independent runners who don't need a support group to get a run in.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1903 posts
804 upvotes
Calgary
I am an independant - but as such I still need to buy shoes.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2005
5628 posts
208 upvotes
Scarborough
Decent for retail prices...
RZ9 5900X|GB X570 Aorus Elite|CR 2x16Gb DDR4-3600 CL16|eVGA GF RTX 3080 10GB XCU|eVGA SN750 P2|Antec P183|LG WH14NS40|Intel 730 480GB SSD|CC MX500 2TB SSD|SS 1TB HDD|SoundBlaster Z|Logi Z-5500|LG 38WK95C/Len TV T22i-10|CS K100|HyperX PF Surge|Ocu. Rift S
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
1162 posts
3 upvotes
In general, the prices at RR are way higher than elsewhere.
You have to be hardcore to support their "course".
I do appreciate their effort to promote running as a life style.
Nov 14, 2009
85 posts
5 upvotes
whoa what's with the anti-running sentiment in here? while my sports of choice are running and basketball, my brother prefers snowboarding and golf. All those cost money, but I'm pretty sure he spends a lot more than me

anyways, just a reminder that sportinglife.ca has their 10% off first orders, and because some of their prices are better than RR's it ends up being less (+ free shipping on orders >$100)
Mar 24, 2009
37 posts
14 upvotes
worldjerseys wrote: :rolleyes: Enjoy your tax-saving event. And when you're out for a run tonight with you RR pack, try to share the path with independent runners who don't need a support group to get a run in.
Seriously? Unnecessary. The Learn To Run program has helped me get started on a path to better health. Don't knock a program that encourages people to get active. I'm only 8 weeks in and down 20 pounds because of it.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11480 posts
929 upvotes
Ottawa
BUFFAR wrote: I just think that's little too much...I usually just get my arse to the park jog a few round at a pace I'm comfortable with and done. :)
Well, speaking as a runner who averages a 10k run 5-6 days a week, you do appreciate investing in good equipment ;) Perhaps not that high, but I do run with the Nike+ system myself, with the added watch remote.

I learned from painful experience that it's best not to skip on footwear, when your legs take a pounding every day ;)
- Absolute
Aug 18, 2006
441 posts
17 upvotes
North Vancouver
codboymt wrote: Seriously? Unnecessary. The Learn To Run program has helped me get started on a path to better health. Don't knock a program that encourages people to get active. I'm only 8 weeks in and down 20 pounds because of it.
All the power to you. As an independent runner who runs 5-6 days a week, I usually come face to face with your RR packs and have to battle for a space on the sidewalk going the opposite direction. Maybe your group is different and doesn't think that its ok to run 3 across a path. I doubt it though. So yes, seriously, get some running etiquette RR packs.