Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Running Room

FREE hat for participating on the 20-minute Challenge (July 16 only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2014 11:58 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7568 posts
7991 upvotes
Toronto

[Running Room] FREE hat for participating on the 20-minute Challenge (July 16 only)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 16, 2014
More offers from Running Room
Register for free, to do the 20-minute challenge; then head on July 16, 2014 to the location you registered on, and get your free hat for participating! :D

Bonus: For people that have been participating on previous years, bring the caps you received on the past 5 years, and get an additional gift! ;)

See more about this deal here:
http://www.events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=10207

Enjoy!
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1236 posts
80 upvotes
How does this work? Are kids allowed to participate? Do you just go get a hat or do you run first then get a hat?
:idea:
"Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win By fearing to attempt."
William Shakespeare Measure for Measure

"You have to go in with a winning attitude. It doesn't mean you'll win, but you'll lose a lot less" - Brad Lamb ("Toronto's Condo King")
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2012
2279 posts
2676 upvotes
Vancouver
[email protected] wrote: How does this work? Are kids allowed to participate? Do you just go get a hat or do you run first then get a hat?
I think you have to actually run lol you can't just walk in grab a hat and leave
Mar 15, 2011
269 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
sunnysidesolutions wrote: I think you have to actually run lol you can't just walk in grab a hat and leave
I've participated in several of these in Vancouver.

Kids are allowed to participate.

At all the stores I've been to, you get your cap first, then they take a big group photo and then you do a walk or run. Nobody is there to check to see if you finish the 20 minutes, it's a fun event.

And when a friend is late or can't come, they've given me their cap. Very chill in Vancouver Running Room stores.
Deal Expert
Jun 11, 2007
15770 posts
1684 upvotes
Maple Ridge
Too bad it is Wednesday.
Prize Won:
(2015-2016) Nothing big/Small...
(2014) Huawei Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7568 posts
7991 upvotes
Toronto
It's always on a wednesday... not sure why, but it's always in the middle of the week.
I participated last year, and did my 20 minute run... got a free cap, and felt good about sweating some calories :)
myversa wrote: Too bad it is Wednesday.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7294 posts
2906 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks! Signed myself and our 12-year-old up for the challenge. I don't really care about the hat but it's nice to get the boy out of the house for some physical activities. For those who have done this before, how early do we need to be at the store. Seems like they have different groups and we are going to tag along with a group that matches our pace.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7568 posts
7991 upvotes
Toronto
Bump.
Happens tomorrow! :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7568 posts
7991 upvotes
Toronto
You're right about that... I did it for the first time last year, and it was good to be out, working out a bit!

Last year I got to the store about 20 minutes before the scheduled time, and it was more than enough time... even if you get there 15 minutes before it's good.

Nothing too formal, just follow the instructions of the guys and girls from the store, and join the group you wanna tag long with... or just do your own route at your own pace.

Enjoy!
althetrainer wrote: Thanks! Signed myself and our 12-year-old up for the challenge. I don't really care about the hat but it's nice to get the boy out of the house for some physical activities. For those who have done this before, how early do we need to be at the store. Seems like they have different groups and we are going to tag along with a group that matches our pace.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7294 posts
2906 upvotes
Calgary
roblombardi wrote: You're right about that... I did it for the first time last year, and it was good to be out, working out a bit!

Last year I got to the store about 20 minutes before the scheduled time, and it was more than enough time... even if you get there 15 minutes before it's good.

Nothing too formal, just follow the instructions of the guys and girls from the store, and join the group you wanna tag long with... or just do your own route at your own pace.

Enjoy!
Thank you for the confirmation. We do plan on going there early to find a group. It'd be more fun to run with someone and hopefully there will be other kids run the same pace. Our son doesn't mind running but he hates running alone or just with me. :D Parking probably will be pretty difficult so we will park at the Safeway parking lot then walk to the Running room.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)