• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 3:37 pm
[OP]
Apr 20, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes

Running shoes under $100

Hi,
Please recommend me good running shoes under $100 ? I am looking for a pair which is easy on the ankle. Thank you.
25 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10586 posts
1337 upvotes
Brampton
Just FYI wrong section. Any particular brand you like?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
Not so picky about brands but should be comfy.
Mar 5, 2007
361 posts
182 upvotes
dennis26 wrote: Hi,
Please recommend me good running shoes under $100 ? I am looking for a pair which is easy on the ankle. Thank you.
What kind of running do you do? Treadmill? Road? How often/far are your runs?
I've got a pair of Nike Free RN 2017s that I use at the gym, ~2-2.5 miles, 3x a week. I'm super happy with them. If you're not choosy about colour, you can get the 2018s on sale at Foot Locker.

https://www.footlocker.com/product/nike ... 36002.html

I tend to look for deals at, like, Sport Chek, then cross reference with reviews on runrepeat.
https://runrepeat.com/
[OP]
Apr 20, 2019
6 posts
4 upvotes
jetenginejesus wrote: What kind of running do you do? Treadmill? Road? How often/far are your runs?
I've got a pair of Nike Free RN 2017s that I use at the gym, ~2-2.5 miles, 3x a week. I'm super happy with them. If you're not choosy about colour, you can get the 2018s on sale at Foot Locker.

https://www.footlocker.com/product/nike ... 36002.html

I tend to look for deals at, like, Sport Chek, then cross reference with reviews on runrepeat.
https://runrepeat.com/
Treadmill most of the time. The Free RN looks to be a good option. I will keep an eye on deals and also check runrepeat.com. Thx.
Apr 26, 2009
651 posts
476 upvotes
Calgary
Go to a running store and get fitted for the right shoes. You don’t have to buy them there but at least you know what fits best.

I’ve always worn ASICS Nimbus myself.
Mar 14, 2019
163 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Adidas have always been the best for me, but we're all different.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1487 posts
580 upvotes
UltimateB wrote: Go to a running store and get fitted for the right shoes. You don’t have to buy them there but at least you know what fits best.

I’ve always worn ASICS Nimbus myself.
Yup, and Yup... Nimbus are the most padded running shoes on the market, so they're gonna be the comfiest. Problem is it does not exactly encourage good form, which could be a problem down the road if you do a ton of running. At my peak i was doing 25 miles a week(1 pair for treadmill, 1 for outdoor on sidewalk and track. I would mix it up over the week during summer) and never had any issues with them on either surface. I doubt you'll be able to find them for under $100 unless they're clearing out last years model tho. I nabbed my newest ones for $88 each when sportchek was only clearing out the grey ones 2 years ago(the other colours were $120).
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27773 posts
12839 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone will have different type of feet. It’s best to go for a fitting at a specialty shop, such as running free and running room. For sure, you don’t want to buy the wrong shoes in which you could injure yourself.

New balance is the only brand my feet has accustomed to. 880 series is the only model I have worn for the last 3 yrs. I buy this when they are on clearance or on sale (but sale cost still > $100 + taxes)
Mar 5, 2007
361 posts
182 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: I run a lot. Love the Nike Pegasus line, I have three pairs.
I almost bought a pair of Pegasuses ("Pegasi"...?) last week, but picked up a pair of Adidas Solardrives instead. Didn't like 'em at all; ran a bit small and felt very narrow. Sent them back, will probably pick up a pair of Pegasus 35s next time there's a good sale.
Jul 13, 2006
350 posts
130 upvotes
Calgary
I always like Nike, they are the best for my feet.

Latest one is a pair of Nike Pegasus, not sure which model but I paid $149 from MEC a few years back. They were a bit pricey but I tried to get another pair from Nike factory outline but they just didn't feel the same.

Like others said, go to a store to try them out. I am not sure saving $40 and $50 is really worth it in this case as my running shoes usually last a couple of years.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1341 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
I miss the days that Nike FREE runs were $50-70 at the Nike Outlets... you can barely find a pair under $100 now