Expired Hot Deals

[Ruroc] Ruroc Helmet Sale - Up to 45% off for 2 days

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2020 7:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8631 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto

Ruroc Helmet Sale - Up to 45% off for 2 days

Deal Link:
Price:
$279
Savings:
45% off
Expiry:
April 23, 2020
Retailer:
Ruroc
I'm going to admit I don't know know how to find historical pricing on Ruroc helmets, but I've been following them loosely last 3-4 years and I've personally never seen their helmets this "cheap". Still a bit too much for my taste (@ $200 I would insta-buy and regret later) for clearance time frames but who knows, they may never be at this price point again. But if I were to use this as a one-for-all helmet (downhill cycling, snowboarding, etc) it might be worth the money. The Chrome (https://www.ruroc.com/en_ca/rg1-dx-chrome-series3.html) looks especially appealing to me on the mountains hehe. What do you guys think? Any Ruroc owners want to chip in? Is this just a heavy, non-functional piece of nice looking junk? Any issues with goggles fogging up?
Last edited by MtX on Apr 22nd, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 22, 2006
1975 posts
744 upvotes
Scarborough
Have looked into these helmets quite a bit and seen a few people on the slopes who have these.

Seems to be quite a lot of hate from other boarders towards these helmets.

Would be interested to hear from others in the RFD community who might have these.
Member
Jul 2, 2014
473 posts
161 upvotes
Maple, ON
I'm getting ready to pick up new gear. I'm wondering if these helmets are good? I've been eyeing the helmets that look like the AGV Corsa's and Pista's for a while. I might end up with a K1 but if these helmets are nice, may pic up one of these instead.
Member
Dec 14, 2008
200 posts
211 upvotes
Vancouver
MtX wrote: I'm going to admit I don't know know how to find historical pricing on Ruroc helmets, but I've been following them loosely last 3-4 years and I've personally never seen their helmets this "cheap". Still a bit too much for my taste (@ $200 I would insta-buy and regret later) for clearance time frames but who knows, they may never be at this price point again. But if I were to use this as a one-for-all helmet (downhill cycling, snowboarding, etc) it might be worth the money. The Chrome (https://www.ruroc.com/en_ca/rg1-dx-chrome-series3.html) looks especially appealing to me on the mountains hehe. What do you guys think? Any Ruroc owners want to chip in? Is this just a heavy, non-functional piece of nice looking junk? Any issues with goggles fogging up?
OH DANG, i thought for a second there that their bike helmets were on sale. Been watching them for a while. Looks like only snowsport series are. Good find though
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 27, 2003
1410 posts
435 upvotes
North York
I love the look of these helmets and always wanted to get one, as I hate wearing a soft face mask and balaclavas (lots of goggle fog). Too bad I never found a store that actually sells them for me to try on, as I tend to have a overly wide head.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
6115 posts
2454 upvotes
Canuckland
Doesn't it get hot in the summer?
Sr. Member
May 20, 2003
571 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
Good protection from Covid-19
Member
Sep 9, 2012
280 posts
205 upvotes
Ottawa
Been waiting on them Arais to go on sale since I started riding. I'm still waiting :(
Member
Sep 2, 2006
232 posts
205 upvotes
Burnaby
royaljelly wrote: I love the look of these helmets and always wanted to get one, as I hate wearing a soft face mask and balaclavas (lots of goggle fog). Too bad I never found a store that actually sells them for me to try on, as I tend to have a overly wide head.
Stay away if you have a wide jaw/ cheek, my uncle just tried mine and his cheeks were against the sides of the mouth piece that clicks in. He said super uncomfortable.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 21, 2015
3047 posts
2933 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Damn wish their motorcycle helmets were on sale.got so excited when I saw this thread.
Newbie
Apr 4, 2018
46 posts
28 upvotes
Calgary
carmageddon wrote: Damn wish their motorcycle helmets were on sale.got so excited when I saw this thread.


You may want to check again, some of the motorcycle helmets are on sale. Just not 45% unfortunately
Newbie
May 23, 2011
81 posts
107 upvotes
So I have one. Here are the pros and cons.

Pro: totally badass looking.

Con: they aren’t great for wide heads. I had to take a knife to the foam and carve out a bit cause it was squeezing my head and giving me headaches.

Looks like they’ve updated their sizing guide so maybe that won’t be a problem.

Biggest con. There’s nowhere to put your face mask when you’re not using it. If you want to eat something or drink something or just want to keep it off for a bit, you gotta put it in your pocket. And it’s not a great shape for your pocket, it hurts when you call on it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 21, 2015
3047 posts
2933 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chriswojciechow wrote: You may want to check again, some of the motorcycle helmets are on sale. Just not 45% unfortunately
Thanks. Moto Helmet prices are too steep despite the discount.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8631 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
JoloLo wrote: So I have one. Here are the pros and cons.

Pro: totally badass looking.

Con: they aren’t great for wide heads. I had to take a knife to the foam and carve out a bit cause it was squeezing my head and giving me headaches.

Looks like they’ve updated their sizing guide so maybe that won’t be a problem.

Biggest con. There’s nowhere to put your face mask when you’re not using it. If you want to eat something or drink something or just want to keep it off for a bit, you gotta put it in your pocket. And it’s not a great shape for your pocket, it hurts when you call on it.
What's considered a wide head? Also, anyone try the Asian fits?

Sucks about the face mask...... is it even warm? Breathable? Fog issues??

Top