Ruth Chris Steakhouse

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2009 5:28 am
Tags:
None
May 22, 2007
954 posts
148 upvotes
Pete00 wrote: Any chance you've tried the lobster bisque from Lobster Trap and can make a comparison?
The lobster bisque at the lobster trap is faaaaar better than the one at Ruth Chris.
May 22, 2007
954 posts
148 upvotes
callitasicit wrote: I have never gone to Lobster trap but I am assuming the lobster bisque is quite good. Where is that restaurant located?
Lobster Trap is located on Avenue Rd. south of the 401.

http://www.thelobstertrap.ca/Location/L ... ap_Map.htm

Fabulous Lobster Bisque!! I had both steamed and broiled, and the both taste amazing, especially when you dip the meat into the melted butter. The lobster thermidor is a bit too heavy for my liking. The establishment is not no fine dining place, it's more like a family style restaurant. Check out the website. Highly recommended for lobster lovers.

http://www.thelobstertrap.ca/
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1212 posts
156 upvotes
Has anyone been here lately? I want to take my GF but they dont show the prices on the website. Just curious how much it would cost for 2
Thanks
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
563 upvotes
Corinthein wrote: Has anyone been here lately? I want to take my GF but they dont show the prices on the website. Just curious how much it would cost for 2
Thanks
you mean chris ruth's or lobster trap?

chris ruth's is about 40-50 for entree, sides is like 8bux each (e.g. potato, fries etc), appetizers are in 10ish?

so calculate from that.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
3416 posts
159 upvotes
GTA
I have never been to Lobster Trap, this despite living within walking distance of it. In the book Patron's Picks it was not one of the better rated restaurants to make me want to try it. How does it rate to Rodney's would be my question before I am willing to try it, from the outside the decor looks outdated and old.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17872 posts
931 upvotes
Corinthein wrote: Has anyone been here lately? I want to take my GF but they dont show the prices on the website. Just curious how much it would cost for 2
Thanks
roughly 100 per person probably
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2009
1432 posts
31 upvotes
Ruth's Chris is the BEST restaurant ever. My dad's favourite and we usually go there for family birthdays, mother's/father's day, etc.

Pricey, but in my opinion, so worth it.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2750 posts
284 upvotes
Last time I went to Ruth's Chris was last Nov and we had a great time. In fact, they accidentally sent us some tasty scallops to our table and gave it to us on the house. The food was great and the price didn't bother us since we only go there once in a blue moon and don't order alcohol.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2002
1063 posts
87 upvotes
Waterloo
So far the best steak I've had was at Sassafraz' but I haven't tried Ruth Chris' yet. Seems a lot of people enjoy it. I"ll have to try it out sometime.