Ruth's Chris gift card promo 2017 - UPDATED with link

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2017 2:17 am
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4800 posts
1176 upvotes
North York
Hmmm, why did mod moved this to shopping discussion?
Jul 6, 2004
364 posts
6 upvotes
Scarborough
gimmesomee wrote:
May 6th, 2017 10:44 am
I havent been in about two years but if memory serves me they have a classic 3 course for $55.95?

Comes with a petite filet, choice of side and a dessert.
The petite is pretty darn petite and the dessert is half sized. It's enough for one person if you're not a big eater and if they're offering 50% off the gift cards, that's probably a fair price.

I won't be going back regardless of whatever "deal" they offer after their fiasco the other year of promotional points that they expired early. On the other hand, the service in the restaurant seemed pretty good. They caught wind of this stunt their Marketing department was pulling and tried to warn the customers with reservations they thought would get caught by this.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
4656 posts
841 upvotes
Markham
StealthFinder wrote:
May 6th, 2017 10:32 am
Ok, my comments were to us, the majority humble middle class and not to the rich. This is RFD after all. To each their own.

Here is the menu. You be the judge. http://ruthschris.net/menus/dinner-menu/dinner/

A minimum $46 steak, + $10 fries + $10 vegetable side + wine or pop or liquor + taxes + tips. You are looking at over $100 per person.
Go to Smith Bros at Warden and Eglinton for a reasonably priced steak or prime rib with sides. Run by the old Mother Tucker's people.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8346 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
StealthFinder wrote:
May 6th, 2017 8:15 am
Sorry OP, not trying to thread crap but Ruth's Chris IMHO is unjustifiably high priced and overly rated. Last time we went, we had to pay for each side separately. Folks, don't get caught in the hoopla. Do check out their menu before you purchase anything.
For me, when it comes to food and/or restaurants, if the food is exceptionally good then once in awhile is worth it for a night out. Not everyone sees it the same way though.
[OP]
Jan 14, 2017
168 posts
41 upvotes
trystee wrote:
May 6th, 2017 7:08 pm
OP, can we assume that this promo will only apply to the Toronto and Mississauga locations and not include the Edmonton and Calgary or Niagara Falls locations?
I think you have to have an address in Toronto to buy the gift card promo cards but you can use the gift cards in Canada/USA!!! I used the gift cards many many times in the states...
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4478 posts
760 upvotes
Good deal at an average steakhouse. Thanks OP.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2274 posts
3179 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
ChanelJ12 wrote:
May 6th, 2017 7:26 pm
I think you have to have an address in Toronto to buy the gift card promo cards but you can use the gift cards in Canada/USA!!! I used the gift cards many many times in the states...
Reading further online as well as last year's deal and the Loyalty Points program does only apply to the Toronto & Mississauga locations.

I just want to add the deal to the GC Discounts thread and wanted to make sure I had the correct info. I'll wait until more info is available before adding it.

Thanks again OP.
Feb 3, 2015
924 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same thinking. It's like 2 times a year for my wife and I. Great food a little pricey but these loyalty cards help alot.
Jun 28, 2009
591 posts
169 upvotes
More Info:

Subject: Mississauga and Toronto “Sizzling” Gift Card Promotion
WHEN: Monday, June 5th – Thursday, June 8th, 2017
WHERE: Online Gift Card Promotion - www.ruthschris.ca - Mississauga Gift Card Page
OFFER: Purchase a regular $50 Gift Card and receive 25 BONUS Loyalty Points
Maximum 5 card purchase **1 point = $1 value
1. Purchase a $50 gift card and get bonus of 25 loyalty points
2. Purchase $100 in gift cards and get bonus of 50 loyalty points
3. Purchase $150 in gift cards and get bonus of 75 loyalty points
4. Purchase $200 in gift cards and get bonus of 100 loyalty points
5. Purchase $250 in gift cards and get bonus of 125 loyalty points
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Maximum purchase of 5 Gift Cards per order
Offer available online only – No extensions on dates of offer
Gift Cards will only be sold in $50 denomination
One Loyalty Card will be issued per order (for non-members)
Gift Card does not expire and can be used anywhere in North America
Promotional Loyalty Points automatically expire on September 19th, 2017
Loyalty Points do not cover tax and gratuity
Loyalty Points can not be used for Take Out Orders
Loyalty points can only be redeemed in Toronto and Mississauga locations
Offer available to Ontario residents only
Guest may redeem gift card and loyalty points at the same time
One loyalty card per table please (main dining, prime bar, private dining)
Guest must have loyalty card on hand when dining to redeem points – no exceptions
Reservations are required for dining and will be based on table availability
Loyalty card must be registered to guest name to redeem points
Current Loyalty Card Members will enter their existing card number when making gift card
purchase. Loyalty Points will be active from June 19th to September 19th, 2017
Regular gift card will be processed and shipped by mail (Canada Post).
Due to increased volume of orders, please allow a total of 8 business days from date of
purchase to receive gift cards.
Non-Members will have a new Loyalty Card mailed to them. Loyalty Points will be active
from June 19th to September 19th, 2017. Regular gift card will be processed and shipped by
mail (Canada Post).
Due to increased volume of orders, please allow a total of 8 business days from date of
purchase to receive gift cards and loyalty member card.
IMPORTANT: Please call gift card contact below if you have not received your order within 10
days of purchase.
Please contact Sara Wilde 289-242-1627 or swilde@ruthschris.ca for all gift card promotion
questions.
Apr 27, 2015
65 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto, ON
These deals get worse every time, Went from $1 spent on GC, receiving $2 in loyalty on top, to $1 loyalty and now $0.50...

Not complaining, I love their food and will still probably buy a couple of GCs but what's going to be the promotion next year, $0.25 on the dollar?
Mar 27, 2006
175 posts
99 upvotes
Adding $6 S/H, this is close to the 20% Costco gift card deal which is available all year round and with no worry of expiry of "loyalty points".
Oct 27, 2005
295 posts
20 upvotes
I think they did the same thing last year, the summer promotion was $.50 for $1 and then the Black Friday one was $1 for $1. I am going to hold-out for the Black Friday.