[RW And Co] RW&CO pants for $39.90

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 2:54 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3223 posts
4384 upvotes
BC
spiralspirit wrote: I don't care about this retailer at all - but I despise people selling imported clothes under "Support Canadian etc!", because those companies aren't supporting canadian anything either.

Sell your product, compete in the market based on the quality of your product, but don't pretend to differentiate yourself as "Canadian" when you're importing the same cambodian/chinese/vietnamese factory work as everyone else but pretending everyone else needs to be patriotic and support your "canadian" brand.

They're patronizing and pandering to "buy canadian" while not buying canadian themselves. Their business strategy is the same as walmart, but they get to pretend to be moral because "they're canadian".
I don't feel like they are milking "buy Canadian" or are you more upset at OP's comments?

I'm not defending their imported clothing but they also employ thousands of Canadians. If they go out of business everybody loses. I'm a big fan of their clothing (especially their chinos) when it's on sale but don't feel regular price is worth it.

Nothing wrong with Walmart clothing but you can't compare the two quality wise.

Would hate to see my go-to clothing stores shut down, I find it difficult to purchase clothes online without trying them on.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1642 posts
1012 upvotes
spiralspirit wrote: Canadian Brand doesn't mean canadian industry, or benefits canada. They're essentially a smaller more expensive wal mart.
Smaller more expensive Walmart? Are you kidding me? What kind of comparison is that?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5464 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
spiralspirit wrote: No offense but this has nothing to do with me or what I said.
you said they are pretending to differentiate themselves as "Canadian"

.............when they actually are Canadian.

I trying to show you that you don't understand the concept of what being a Canadian or American corp is
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1642 posts
1012 upvotes
ez_86 wrote: you said they are pretending to differentiate themselves as "Canadian"

.............when they actually are Canadian.

I trying to show you that you don't understand the concept of what being a Canadian or American corp is
RCSS should be renamed Real International Superstore
Back to topic... thanks OP, will pick up some quality pants from a Canadian company that imports their products.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3023 posts
12722 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
I lost respect to Reitmans and Co when they laid me off during the pandemic
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5464 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
Rlcky wrote: I lost respect to Reitmans and Co when they laid me off during the pandemic
keyword:
pandemic

....im sorry to hear about the result of your employment however
Jan 14, 2017
574 posts
296 upvotes
Covid is the key being used to unlock the death of small businesses. Buying Canadian that don't compete globally is only prolonging the inevitable.
The Great Leap Forward or Reset
Jul 16, 2017
139 posts
59 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: So you would rather prop up and support Wal-Mart then? At the end of the day, they are more 'Canadian' than Wal-Mart. They never said their clothes were 'Made in Canada' specifically. But unless we support canadian owned and canadian brands, it will effrectively continue to be US dominated. I'd still prefer going to Future Shop than Best Buy, but look what happened. Same with Zellers or Eatons etc. How many new Mac's do you see versus 7-11? How many Mr. Sub versus Subway? Pizza Pizza vs Little Caesars etc.

At the end of the day, we always are looking for the best deals sure, but as we've seen, unless you're willing to support canadian entities and canadian businesses, regardless of the dollar value, they'll either go away or be bought out and all you'll get is american owned businesses that can easily cut and run, lower wages, do whatever they wanted.
American retailers still pay Canadian workers in stores and warehouses.

Really the only difference is a few head office staff and even then Walmart and Old Navy have Canadian offices.

Yes they're "more" Canadian but if your goal is benefiting our economy as much as possible you're not making much of a difference with a choice like this. You need to go much more local. Try someone who actually makes clothes here, that'll really help you keep the money local. Beware, you won't get pants for $39.

Stuff like this:

https://ecologyst.com/collections/mens-bottoms
https://eng.bonnetier.com/
https://www.arturodenim.ca/

If you want to buy stuff made in Asia with low cost labour because it's cheap.....go for it, that's your choice too. Just don't get too excited about patriotism at the same time.
Sep 1, 2015
579 posts
746 upvotes
picklesandcheese wrote: American retailers still pay Canadian workers in stores and warehouses.

Really the only difference is a few head office staff and even then Walmart and Old Navy have Canadian offices.

Yes they're "more" Canadian but if your goal is benefiting our economy as much as possible you're not making much of a difference with a choice like this. You need to go much more local. Try someone who actually makes clothes here, that'll get you the most bang for the buck.
Of course. But someone said they're just a more expensive Wal-Mart and that them being Canadian owned and Canadian operated means nothing. At the end of the day, all things being equal, RW&Co is owned and operated by Canadians in Canada.
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
22 posts
18 upvotes
I like how RFD rips apart and actual Canadian company like Frank & Oak but then promotes a "Canadian" company that imports all their crap anyway.
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
22 posts
18 upvotes
I like how RFD rips apart an actual Canadian company like Frank & Oak but then promotes a "Canadian" company that imports all their crap anyway.
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
22 posts
18 upvotes
I like how RFD rips apart an actual Canadian company like Frank & Oak but then promotes a "Canadian" company that imports all their crap anyway.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
1778 posts
290 upvotes
Do they carry any high content wool pants? I'm only finding pants that are synthetic or up to 30% wool.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3950 posts
437 upvotes
Love RW&co! Definitely scaled back on work clothes during the pandemic... is there a free shipping code around for under $99?
Proud member of SENS Army
May 20, 2010
210 posts
62 upvotes
Their go to tops for women are great. Usually only get them on sale since I dont think the quality is there full price.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2610 posts
949 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
They are a Canadian retailer but all their products are still imported from China and other Asian countries with cheap labour to unethical labour. Also, I find their quality very cheap.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3223 posts
4384 upvotes
BC
mappee wrote: I like how RFD rips apart an actual Canadian company like Frank & Oak but then promotes a "Canadian" company that imports all their crap anyway.
Frank & Oak imports their clothing too. What's your definition of an "actual Canadian company" ? Also Frank & Oak is owned by an American group now
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1513 posts
527 upvotes
Abbotsford
ez_86 wrote: ............it's a Canadian retailer meaning their headoffice is in Canada meaning they're putting food on plates of hundreds of Canadians
There's about 350 employees at the head office. Those are real, decent paying white collar jobs. The rest of the company staff (6500+) are retail staff and would exist regardless of who owned the company/where HQ was located.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2002 posts
307 upvotes
Ottawa
TheHolyThief wrote: Their go to tops for women are great. Usually only get them on sale since I dont think the quality is there full price.
I buy a ton of stuff from them... In terms of quality i'd say it's slightly higher than something like American Eagle but not that much. I would never buy anything from them at full price but they do offer some good value on their discounted items
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2363 posts
648 upvotes
vittycent wrote: Smaller more expensive Walmart? Are you kidding me? What kind of comparison is that?
Same business model. Both have canadian head offices, canadian store staff, etc. They both import cheap asian goods into canada, mark them up, and sell them.

But one "is a canadian brand" so we're supposed to support them. There's no difference functionally between the two.