Expired Hot Deals

[RW And Co] RW&CO pants for $39.90

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 2:54 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1850 posts
1145 upvotes
I mean if Tim Hortons can use the "we're Canadian" logo and insignia, not sure why RW co can't.

Just understand it's imported products sold at higher markups. What makes something a Canadian company is up for debate.
Feb 23, 2017
298 posts
238 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: How many new Mac's do you see versus 7-11? How many Mr. Sub versus Subway? Pizza Pizza vs Little Caesars etc.
Macs is owned by circle k anyway. And I think future shop was owned by best buy. Their flyers were literally identical with different colors.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2363 posts
648 upvotes
djpr wrote: I mean if Tim Hortons can use the "we're Canadian" logo and insignia, not sure why RW co can't.
Tim Hortons is owned by Restaurant Brands International which is owned by 3G Capital, a Brazilian Investment Firm that owns Kraft/Heinz Foods and Anheuser-Busch among others.

That being said, I suspect most of the 'food' (and i use this term loosely) served at tim hortons in canada is actually grown in canada. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

But even then, Tim Horton's marketing is annoying and deceitful given their ownership structure, and I don't think many canadians hold it in particularly high regard. Every time it comes up in conversation it's the opposite. They can say "We're canadian" because the intermediate company between Tim Hortons and 3G Capital, RBI, has to have at least 30% canadians on its board and must maintain its oakville headquarters - those were the legal conditions which allowed the Tim Hortons/Burger King merger that created RBI to take place.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5464 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
At the end of the day, it's either you support a company HQ'd in Canada or you don't

It's a you do or you don't ...... and you can logically make your own decision on whether or not it's helping the Country/Economy long term or short term through paying taxes, paying salaries, building Canadian patriotism, etc etc....

If a Canadian company has a factory in Canada but outsources all their IT and CSR to India, is it still Canadian?
If a Canadian company has a HQ and designers in Canada but outsources their production to India, is it still Canadian?

I guess there no REAL answer, it all bowls down to what YOUR personal thoughts are

Yes, companies can be MORE Canadian than other companies... but at the end of the day, to me personally, Canadian is Canadian. I will support anything with a red flag that delivers to my wants and needs

now let's buy some rockin' PANTS!
Sep 1, 2015
579 posts
746 upvotes
Elysianlight wrote: Macs is owned by circle k anyway. And I think future shop was owned by best buy. Their flyers were literally identical with different colors.
I am talking historically. Prior to the complete sell-off and decline of Canada owned, Canada manufactured starting in the 1990's. Future Shop got sold to Best Buy, Best Buy slowly started opening stores near Future Shops, they got rid of the higher salaries and commissions for Best Buy employees and promoted more American products, and then bam, they closed Future Shop, turned everything Best Buy.

My only point is, there is fewer and fewer Canadian owned and operated brands. The long term health of a country and economy is now dependent on foreign brands and foreign capital. Not to say RW&Co is the be-all, end-all of Canadian companies, but it is still an actual canadian company at the end of the day.
Oct 10, 2006
690 posts
1003 upvotes
Ottawa
FYI, Tristan has Made in Canada clothes.
Mar 2, 2009
502 posts
233 upvotes
Many pants I looked at are 68% polyester.

What is this? Are we in the 70s?
Nov 26, 2016
243 posts
415 upvotes
Been an RW&Co customer for the last 14yrs, my wardrobe is atleast 50% full of their clothes. Premium quality clothing and with these sales, you can't go wrong. And ofcourse, support Canadian business.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8528 posts
2964 upvotes
Mississauga
mysttz wrote: Been an RW&Co customer for the last 14yrs, my wardrobe is atleast 50% full of their clothes. Premium quality clothing and with these sales, you can't go wrong. And ofcourse, support Canadian business.
I pick up RW&Co clothing here and there over the years. But I would say "Premium quality" is a rather strong word. I would say good quality, but not any better than some other popular mainstream clothing brands or good quality brands you find at department stores for example.

Mind you, I never seem to have issues with my clothing whether it is a generally perceived low quality brand or high quality brand.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44734 posts
5326 upvotes
Richmond Hill
spiralspirit wrote: Tim Hortons is owned by Restaurant Brands International which is owned by 3G Capital, a Brazilian Investment Firm that owns Kraft/Heinz Foods and Anheuser-Busch among others.

That being said, I suspect most of the 'food' (and i use this term loosely) served at tim hortons in canada is actually grown in canada. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

But even then, Tim Horton's marketing is annoying and deceitful given their ownership structure, and I don't think many canadians hold it in particularly high regard. Every time it comes up in conversation it's the opposite. They can say "We're canadian" because the intermediate company between Tim Hortons and 3G Capital, RBI, has to have at least 30% canadians on its board and must maintain its oakville headquarters - those were the legal conditions which allowed the Tim Hortons/Burger King merger that created RBI to take place.
I don't know why it's deceitful. What % of the company has to be owned by Canadians for it to be "Canadian" to you?
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1513 posts
527 upvotes
Abbotsford
Jon Lai wrote: I don't know why it's deceitful. What % of the company has to be owned by Canadians for it to be "Canadian" to you?

I'm not sure what %, but Tim's is most certainly not a Canadian company
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1513 posts
527 upvotes
Abbotsford
Jon Lai wrote: So what % is it to you?

First rule would be the Global head office is in Canada
Dec 29, 2005
361 posts
70 upvotes
Victoria
I've wanted to buy pants from RW over the years, but I'm not 6 foot tall with 32" legs. I hate how all their pants are only 32" length which would require me to get them hemmed.
Apr 5, 2018
95 posts
79 upvotes
I was about to bite and then realized that because I was working from home, I havent worn these type of pants in 6 months.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
8528 posts
2964 upvotes
Mississauga
Speaking of Le Chateau that some have mentioned - they just announced that they will be shuttering their doors
Jul 7, 2014
204 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If anyone wants to buy a $500 gift card for RWco. I'm selling one, let me know.
Thanks