• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2019 12:48 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 1, 2006
103 posts
12 upvotes

RX 350 F sport

Looking to purchase an RX 350 F sport 3 in the GTA. Does anyone have any recent experience/pricing for this vehicle OTR, or a good contact at one of the dealership.

Thanks in advance for your help
129 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2446 posts
1723 upvotes
What dealer?
The Fsport did not get good reviews over the Regular RX.
Smash that like button!
[OP]
Dec 1, 2006
103 posts
12 upvotes
Open to negotiating with any dealer in the GTA. Thanks for the response.

I want a luxury SUV that is reliable. MDX - dated interior. I don't like the look of the Infiniti and question the reliability of the Audi and BMW. We have a mercedes car and want something different. Volvo long term repair costs seem to be much higher than most. So that is partially how I am landing on a Lexus.

What concerns have you seen of the F sport over the base?

Thanks again for your help
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2446 posts
1723 upvotes
freed1b wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 7:28 pm

I want a luxury SUV that is reliable. MDX - dated interior. I don't like the look of the Infiniti and question the reliability of the Audi and BMW. We have a mercedes car and want something different. Volvo long term repair costs seem to be much higher than most. So that is partially how I am landing on a Lexus.

2018 MDX

2018 RX350

IMHO the MDX has a nicer interior

Was a few of the video reviews i had watched. They wanted the F-Sport to be sporty and it was far from that. The ride was harsh and didnt absorb the bumps well. I'm sure a youtube search would pull up the same results.

I was cross shopping the 13/14 rx350 both regular and sport. The RX was too small for me (headroom specifically). The MDX is quite a bit larger if thats on your radar. I can't comment on drive as i didnt drive either.
Smash that like button!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
1339 posts
1170 upvotes
EDMONTON
6mthatch wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 7:34 pm
2018 MDX

2018 RX350

IMHO the MDX has a nicer interior

Was a few of the video reviews i had watched. They wanted the F-Sport to be sporty and it was far from that. The ride was harsh and didnt absorb the bumps well. I'm sure a youtube search would pull up the same results.

I was cross shopping the 13/14 rx350 both regular and sport. The RX was too small for me (headroom specifically). The MDX is quite a bit larger if thats on your radar. I can't comment on drive as i didnt drive either.
You are the only person who thinks the MDX has a nicer interior.

It is worse than many non premium vehicles.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2446 posts
1723 upvotes
Blubbs wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 7:57 pm
You are the only person who thinks the MDX has a nicer interior.

It is worse than many non premium vehicles.
I said nicer looking...again my personal opinion. Now, integration/fit and finish/etc. is a different story. From what i know, the RX wins in that department hands down.
Smash that like button!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28040 posts
13854 upvotes
Ottawa
What a coincidence.
I just sold my wife's MY2015 RX350 Touring for $38K to a coworker and looking to pick up a 2018 F-Sport 2.

There's a factory $6K cash/delivery credit and from our previous purchases, we have been able to squeeze another $2K+front PPV wrap from the dealer here in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
1202 posts
1129 upvotes
Toronto, ON
6mthatch wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 8:10 pm
I said nicer looking...again my personal opinion. Now, integration/fit and finish/etc. is a different story. From what i know, the RX wins in that department hands down.
Not to mention Acura's weirdo shifter, and dual screen layout.
_______
Speedkar99 | YouTube
[OP]
Dec 1, 2006
103 posts
12 upvotes
I was talking casually to a sales rep and he told me that i could get a little more than $10, including the $6K incentive - so an additional $4K. Based on unhaggle if i recall that is 5.5% above invoice (before PDI). I would think that given this is a '17 model there might be more in it.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2446 posts
1723 upvotes
speedkar9 wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 9:00 pm
Not to mention Acura's weirdo shifter, and dual screen layout.
lack there of ;). I don't mind the dual screen layout but i have heard that the integration between the headunit and the navi are subpar at best (lags and navi is of outdated style).
I'll have an MDX in my possession for a few weeks.

Really, OP needs to sit in it. The RX is a boring boring ride from what users write. Sure the interior may give you a semi but a lack luster drive may ruin that feeling real quick.
As i said, I am not selling you on either. I know for myself, the RX was physically too small for me.
Smash that like button!
May 17, 2017
290 posts
187 upvotes
Waterloo
freed1b wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 7:28 pm

The concerns are mostly around the overdamped and undersprung suspension, making for very hard ride but also unsporty body roll.
Since there's a big downside on ride quality and no sport benefit, it's better to stick with the non f sport trims
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28040 posts
13854 upvotes
Ottawa
AstulzerRSX wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 10:03 pm
The concerns are mostly around the overdamped and undersprung suspension, making for very hard ride but also unsporty body roll.
Since there's a big downside on ride quality and no sport benefit, it's better to stick with the non f sport trims
Is this a reference from a car review?
The F Sport has Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) and it's buttery smooth.
I thought it was just a Lexus marketing gimmick, but it actually provides a more spirited driving experience.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
11678 posts
7549 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Acura is not luxury. Lexus is a much better product over that MDX.

I'd personally go with Volvo, the XC90 is a great looking SUV.
May 17, 2017
290 posts
187 upvotes
Waterloo
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 10:15 pm
Is this a reference from a car review?
The F Sport has Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) and it's buttery smooth.
I thought it was just a Lexus marketing gimmick, but it actually provides a more spirited driving experience.
Yep! Here's where I got it from: http://www.motortrend.com/news/lexus-rx ... contender/
I haven't driven one myself, but I don't find it that far of a reach since a lot of other Toyota's sport models have the same issue.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28040 posts
13854 upvotes
Ottawa
freed1b wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2018 9:05 pm
I was talking casually to a sales rep and he told me that i could get a little more than $10, including the $6K incentive - so an additional $4K. Based on unhaggle if i recall that is 5.5% above invoice (before PDI). I would think that given this is a '17 model there might be more in it.
Just got a message from the sales manager at my local Lexus dealership.
They are going to discount $3500 on their side.
That's a total of $9500 with the factory cash and delivery credit.