Ryerson University Waitlist

[OP]
Jun 12, 2007
706 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto

Ryerson University Waitlist

Hi there,

Is anyone else currently on the wait list for Ryerson University? I'm currently on the wait list for Business Management and I was wondering, has anyone ever got accepted while on the wait list before? Does anyone know when I will be receiving an answer?

I called Ryerson University, but they would not tell me any information regarding the wait list process.

10 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2967 posts
159 upvotes
Waterloo
I was on the wait list for Ryerson and i got accepted. But i was accepted in June...and its already august. This was almost 4 years ago though. I'd call them and ask..

good luck.
:arrow: :arrowl:
Nov 18, 2006
446 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
i was put on waitlist after losing my spot a few weeks ago and got a call few days later offering me a spot. 81.9 avg
Aug 26, 2011
2 posts
OAKVILLE
JTN416 wrote: Hi there,

Is anyone else currently on the wait list for Ryerson University? I'm currently on the wait list for Business Management and I was wondering, has anyone ever got accepted while on the wait list before? Does anyone know when I will be receiving an answer?

I called Ryerson University, but they would not tell me any information regarding the wait list process.

I was placed on the waitlist for Mechanical Engineering at Ryerson on the 11th of August 2011 (78% High School average, 84% College Average). Given the current date, and Ryerson's responses, I decided to prepare a backup plan in place in case of:

a) No spots becoming available between now and September 6th 2011, and
b) Potentially stronger applicants obtaining potentially available spots in the program

To answer your other questions, anything is possible. A friend was in a similar situation, a few years ago, they were placed on the waitlist in early June and accepted in early August. It all depends on how many people decide to give up their spots and how many of us are waiting for them.

Hope that was helpful
Sep 30, 2009
670 posts
33 upvotes
wow have admission averages gone up THAT much at ryerson ??
Mar 29, 2011
825 posts
68 upvotes
R3B3LYOU5 wrote: wow have admission averages gone up THAT much at ryerson ??

Yes. I was waitlisted with a 77% average and never accepted to undeclared social science. Theres always next year!
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4138 upvotes
Toronto
millow wrote: Yes. I was waitlisted with a 77% average and never accepted to undeclared social science. Theres always next year!

damn... did your highschool business courses have low grades?
Mar 29, 2011
825 posts
68 upvotes
Fantaz wrote: damn... did your highschool business courses have low grades?

I applied to undeclared social science, not business. I never took many business courses in high school.

I got in the next year with a 1% higher average.
Aug 26, 2011
2 posts
OAKVILLE
R3B3LYOU5 wrote: wow have admission averages gone up THAT much at ryerson ??

Apparently so. Ryerson's cut off average for Engineering programs is 75%, however they encourage students to have 80%+ averages. Times definitely have changed
Aug 8, 2018
1 posts
my daughter and my son are still on waitlist since March 2018.No answer since then.