Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Home Depot

Ryobi Event, buy tool get battery/charger

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 12:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
mrwoogyboogy wrote: Can you link me to the item? I can't find it
It’s right there but sort per price from low to high.

No free battery though.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2002
1304 posts
146 upvotes
Kingston ON
Thanks and thanked OP,
Picked up the Angle Grinder. Grinder, battery & charger was $90.38 tax in. Refund on battery and charger was $47.85 making the bare tool $42.53 out the door!
Carlos

Free be Freebie
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Superjester wrote: These deals were already discussed in The Clearance home depot section

They have Ridgid deal on too, But only 1 2.0a Battery. If you bring the Battery and charger back you get about $100 back for bare tool.

Got the new octane circular saw for $120 taxes in. not bad
The downside of the "free battery" on the Ridgid deal is, it's not covered by the Lifetime Service Agreement. If you are already invested in the Ridgid system, your best bet is to return the battery and charger.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4399 posts
1248 upvotes
mrwoogyboogy wrote: Is the cordless inflator / deflator included in this promo?

Thanks
ppl4golf wrote: This is the only thing worth getting :)
Hm... on the website it doesnt show up as coming with the free battery. Would in store give the free battery over the online site?
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1782 posts
1207 upvotes
Toronto
Mint wrote: Hm... on the website it doesnt show up as coming with the free battery. Would in store give the free battery over the online site?
Inflator isn't part of the deal. It's only 12 specific tools that have the free battery.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
The Canterbury Tail wrote: Inflator isn't part of the deal. It's only 12 specific tools that have the free battery.
There are 7 additional online only: brushless jigsaw, 3/8" impact wrench, 3/8" stapler, heatgun (runtime lol?), shear, grease gun (wth), bolt cutter (!!)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1472 posts
2777 upvotes
Ontario
Daijoubu wrote: grease gun (wth)
I have never once had to give a light hand pump to a grease gun and thought "man, I wish I could just press a button to do this instead". Is this what we're turning into!?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ryobi product development team are intense, from RC truck, stick vacuum, glue gun, caulk gun, soldering iron, PEX crimpers and now these :D

Just missing the coffee maker like the Makita one and it's pretty darn complete
Jul 31, 2009
516 posts
296 upvotes
Ottawa
Daijoubu wrote: Ryobi product development team are intense, from RC truck, stick vacuum, glue gun, caulk gun, soldering iron, PEX crimpers and now these :D

apparently it takes a 5Ah battery to make 1 cup of coffee Face With Tears Of Joy

edit: the new version can make 15oz of coffee with a 5Ah battery
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
Daijoubu wrote: Ryobi product development team are intense, from RC truck, stick vacuum, glue gun, caulk gun, soldering iron, PEX crimpers and now these :D

I wish Ridgid would follow... This is an entire eco system from 120V inverter to flashlight and everyday tools world of possiblities.
<no self promotion>
Apr 9, 2012
473 posts
399 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: I have never once had to give a light hand pump to a grease gun and thought "man, I wish I could just press a button to do this instead". Is this what we're turning into!?
FWIW, keep an open mind to other possible uses outside of your own world. Eg: I have 6 large (5-20 cm diameter) bearings on machines (plus other single bearings for levers & arms) & you have to pump grease into each side & 10 strokes per over each bearing (about 30) after cleaning & then after reassembly you have to then pump 25-30 strokes into each bearing chamber, electric assisted grease guns are a fantastic aid & worth every penny. Something that would take a couple of hours & hundreds & hundreds of pumps & at my age getting aching fingers & wrists & forearms, can now be done much faster & without injury. Probably lots of other applications as well, besides just a homeowner occasionally greasing a bike or a lawnmower.
Dec 12, 2007
267 posts
376 upvotes
saint john
RYOBI 18V ONE+ Cordless 3/8-Inch Impact Wrench + FREE BATTERY STARTER KIT - $89.98 VALUE

Was out of stock but they reappear this morning, maybe they restocked. For up to 150ft-lbs, it should be ok for removing lug nuts from compact to mid size cars and minivans if they were torqued properly.

Note: this is 3/8 drive, NOT 1/2 drive.
Feb 19, 2012
64 posts
31 upvotes
EDMONTON
I think deal may be over? The link goes to tool only page for $99
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
CaneCola1 wrote: I think deal may be over? The link goes to tool only page for $99
under the price there's a big green box that says free starter kit...

But i still dont think its a good deal, you can get the 1/2 (which is much more capable) with a 4ah battery $138

Annotation 2019-10-01 113027.png
Images
  • Annotation 2019-10-01 113027.png
Jan 3, 2009
149 posts
76 upvotes
Kanata
Thank you...always room for more tools.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
CaneCola1 wrote: I think deal may be over? The link goes to tool only page for $99
OP wrote it weird.
The product price is $99.
The battery kit which is free is worth "$89"
Skimming the title, one would read that the impact driver is $89 but the title references the free battery kit instead of the price of the tool.

So not only did OP fail to put the price in the title, they took it one step further and "bait and switched" us.

EDIT: Also to shit on OP even more, it's technically a repost but with only one item instead of a large list of items that are eligible for the free battery thing.
home-depot-ridgid-free-battery-charger- ... e-2313959/

EDIT: Whoops wrong thread. That's for Ridgid. Here's the Ryobi one:
ryobi-event-buy-tool-get-battery-charge ... #p31482161

EDIT: May as well continue shitting, although this is more opinion than actual facts:
home-depot-ryobi-18v-one-lithium-ion-co ... t-2317331/
$40 buys you 1/2" instead of 3/8" and twice the battery.
The 4ah batteries were historically $100 for 2 so I'd say they're valued at $50 each.
I can't find 2ah batteries in the few seconds I searched, but 1.3ah were apparently $30 each, so we could call the 2ah worth $40?
$10 in battery difference means $30 buys you 1/2" over 3/8"
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
1649 posts
19759 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Excellent deal on the brad nailer, part of the charged up promotion, comes with the free battery kit that you see many deals come out with lately. Original price 184$

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/1001160809

If I did not already have this tool I would jump all over this.
Last edited by willyfonsworth on Oct 1st, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
1649 posts
19759 upvotes
Sherbrooke
Note that I have been hearing that ordering online with the free battery kit its more difficult to return only the battery if the tool is only required. The charged up event appears to b e until the 30th of October...They seem to add and remove tools from the promo at random.... So keep a look out ;)
Last edited by willyfonsworth on Oct 1st, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)