13 posts
65 upvotes

Hamona Coconuts (12 coconuts/box) - $47.99

Deal Link:
Savings:
$12 off
Retailer:
RZOutlet.com
Free shipping to Markham, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Vaughan, Aurora and Stouffville of Ontario, Canada.

Quantity of 1 comes in a box of 12 coconuts
Fresh raw coconut that contains no additives
Raw coconut's benefits:
Helps to lower cholesterol
Rich in antioxidants and other beneficial compounds
Beneficial for people in ketogenic diet
Have anti-diebetic effect
Last edited by MrDisco on Jul 9th, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
14 replies
[OP]
Banned
Jun 20, 2020
13 posts
65 upvotes
Yes, there is a pick up option in Markham if you are anywhere nearby
Apr 30, 2020
271 posts
302 upvotes
Vancouver
i don't know about ontario, but here in BC it's pretty easy to get young thai coconuts for $3. even when they're expensive they're $4, which is the same price as these.
granted you do have to open them yourself, but young thai coconuts are extremely easy to open the tops of to get a straw in or pour the water out.
one benefit i can give to the harmona brand is that the husk has been fully removed which does make it easier to crack in order to get to the meat.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12268 posts
2380 upvotes
Richmond Hill
What's the difference between this and generic young cocunuts that you find in grocery stores for $2-3? Are these bigger?
Dec 14, 2013
175 posts
261 upvotes
AJAX
People pay $4 for a coconut?!??
And RFDers at that?
Seems illogical to me, maybe I'm missing something. I use coconut butter (oil) everyday to cook, and pay around $10 for the goodness in (probably) dozens of coconuts.
I'd rather just wait for free coconuts opened fresh for me at my next Cuba resort trip. And for free.

Also, since they are usually grown in poor(er) countries, are very strong, and last quite long, why so expensive still? Even fragile bananas that go bad relatively quickly are around $0.50/lb....
Last edited by aandaleb on Jul 9th, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7365 posts
7385 upvotes
Toronto
$47.99 ??? Astonished Face
Are you coconuts?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3144 posts
6412 upvotes
Just checked and you can buy direct on the Hamona Coconut website for $0.61 more for XL size
15 medium -$54
14 Large- $50.40
12 XL- $48.60
9 Jumbo- $45.00
https://hamonacoconut.com/product-categ ... a-coconut/
aandaleb wrote: Also, since they are usually grown in poor(er) countries, are very strong, and last quite long, why so expensive still? Even fragile bananas that go bad relatively quickly are around $0.50/lb....
Harvesting coconuts is hard, shelling coconuts is labor intensive, coconuts are heavier than bananas (less units per lb), and coconuts are less abundant than bananas.

Bananas actually keep for a long time after harvest (which is why they are able to be sold consistently without disruption to pretty much everywhere) they gas them to speed up ripening.

For like every possible reason, coconuts are always going to be more expensive than bananas.
Bencherstyle wrote: i stick with coconut water from costco... any difference?
Pasteurization, makes it shelf stable for a longer time but in terms of taste there is no comparison, fresh wins everyday (at least to me).
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Jul 9th, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2970 posts
1118 upvotes
Thornhill
i stick with coconut water from costco... any difference?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2970 posts
1118 upvotes
Thornhill
kimwoobingsu wrote: Just checked and you can buy direct on the Hamona Coconut website for $0.61 more for XL size
15 medium -$54
14 Large- $50.40
12 XL- $48.60
9 Jumbo- $45.00
https://hamonacoconut.com/product-categ ... a-coconut/

Harvesting coconuts is hard, shelling coconuts is labor intensive, coconuts are heavier than bananas (less units per lb), and coconuts are less abundant than bananas.

Bananas actually keep for a long time after harvest (which is why they are able to be sold consistently without disruption to pretty much everywhere) they gas them to speed up ripening.

For like every possible reason, coconuts are always going to be more expensive than bananas.

Pasteurization, makes it shelf stable for a longer time but in terms of taste there is no comparison, fresh wins everyday (at least to me).
Makes sense. Its been a long time since i had fresh ones... oof.
Jan 14, 2017
450 posts
345 upvotes
cyndihuu wrote: Free shipping to Markham, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, Vaughan, Aurora and Stouffville of Ontario, Canada.

Quantity of 1 comes in a box of 12 coconuts
Fresh raw coconut that contains no additives
Raw coconut's benefits:
Helps to lower cholesterol
Rich in antioxidants and other beneficial compounds
Beneficial for people in ketogenic diet
Have anti-diebetic effect
Are you one of the distributor (you are a new user)? I know Harry Tsai who imported Hamona. I had them and can’t say they are worth the extra $ when I can get young coconut for $2.50 at most Asian supermarkets. This should NOT be in the HOT deal section for sure. I see Hamona for $4 at some supermarkets so this is at best “free shipping” NOT a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4072 posts
2534 upvotes
Ottawa
These the same as green young ones. That you can drink from? Or are those available?
Apr 3, 2008
67 posts
17 upvotes
3.59 in Ranch super market and similar price in other Chinese super market, just bought today
Rogers Corp350+6GB